Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin less evil than PayPal? - page 11. (Read 5323 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
September 21, 2016, 04:21:07 PM
Paypal : Chargebacks - this actually helps a lot for consumer protection and fraud.
Bitcoin : No Chargebacks - all transactions are final. no ifs, no buts. You're responsible for your money.

* Both are just tools, it's up to how people use it. Besides, PayPal is just a service so whether support/fees/rules/terms are good or bad it's up to you if you want to use it.
* So, I think both have their own points.

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)
September 21, 2016, 04:00:32 PM
Paypal is a true evil. So it's Ebay. Both of these websites can limit your account if they feel like it without giving you real reason behind this investigation, or they can come up with some funny story.

In this sense trust me bitcoin is an angel compared to Paypal and alike services. You only have to be careful and you need to know very well with whom you are dealing with. Always use escrow when using bitcoin.

Bitcoin is much much better than Paypal in the end.

Bitcoin is a currency. Paypal is a business firm same with EBay. Why compare this two?

They are facing legal terms that's why they need at least a personal details of their users. Remember that clients security is the main purpose of those reputable online business firm.

And besides, if Paypal and Ebay are true evil, why still many people attached to this websites up to today?

I want to say it again that Ebay and Paypal are true evil and although I use both websites only for occasional buying (pc parts mainly) I know a lot of people who have problems.

If you want to sell something in Ebay (digital goods) than there is arbitrary decisions going on. Some sellers get banned for this, some are freely going on and both sellers are selling the same product.

If you start to make money in Paypal with different online ventures you risk to get your account freeze.

In Ebay once they limit your account you cannot sell anymore anything there. I agree though for buying ebay and paypal are good but only for buying not for selling or for making money.

In bitcoin such things don't happens. You are in charge as you are your own bank. Of course a lot more websites are needed where we can pay with bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
September 21, 2016, 03:26:01 PM
Those people who are saying Paypal is evil really has a bad experience on the site. But Paypal does make actions if a user found wrong.

Didn't people know that chargeback sometimes helpful. Also if people don't like the idea of chargeback then please stop exchanging Paypal funds to bitcoin directly on any person.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 21, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
Paypal is a true evil. So it's Ebay. Both of these websites can limit your account if they feel like it without giving you real reason behind this investigation, or they can come up with some funny story.

In this sense trust me bitcoin is an angel compared to Paypal and alike services. You only have to be careful and you need to know very well with whom you are dealing with. Always use escrow when using bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a currency. Paypal is a business firm same with EBay. Why compare this two?

They are facing legal terms that's why they need at least a personal details of their users. Remember that clients security is the main purpose of those reputable online business firm.

And besides, if Paypal and Ebay are true evil, why still many people attached to this websites up to today?
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)
September 21, 2016, 03:19:27 PM

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
「きみはこれ&#
September 21, 2016, 03:14:50 PM
If we consider Paypal evil (I do), should we consider Bitcoin less evil?

Paypal allows chargeback fraud and is a feast for scammers
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

what do u think fellow people of Bitcointalk?

~CfA~
Paypal is evil for --Service charges.I'm not from the US,for any exchange through paypal,my payments are ripped off as service charges.A huge disappointment.I support bitcoin over the paypal crap anyday.It's sad to see 20% of my earnings are ripped off through various paypal stages until it reaches my bank account.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
September 21, 2016, 03:05:01 PM
I don't know about "Evil"  but I know bitcoin is more vendor friendly that PayPal as well as more direct, Don't send a payment if you are uncertain about it, Although the no-reversal rule can help scammers but people should use their judgment when sending BTC in the first place.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
September 21, 2016, 01:00:57 PM
Well BTC is not owned by any 1 entity and there for it has no motives other than by those who use it. on that principal alone its less "evil" than paypal, which is designed to make profit for individuals
legendary
Activity: 1148
September 21, 2016, 12:40:49 PM
I don't think so. It takes evil to recognize evil. To think that Bitcoin is somehow different from the rest of the system is a blatant case of religious superiority complex. You denigrate everyone else as drones while feeling smug about your own righteous ways. The current system is far from ideal but Bitcoin isn't perfect either. Bitcoin certainly is an improvement in many ways but it shouldn't be billed as the ultimate answer to everything wrong with the system.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 21, 2016, 12:15:02 PM
PayPal is service, there is nothing evil about it. Some people use it for evil purposes, but hey what is not used by evil people?
On other side bitcoin is currency, or asset, depends how someone think about bitcoin, and for me this new currency can be much better then fiat. I see potential, but time will tell how much will bitcoin succeed in conquering the world.
Money is evil generally, but I believe bitcoin is less evil then fiat, and all services that support fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
September 21, 2016, 12:00:39 PM
Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of thatI think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)
~CfA~

i don't think we can even use "evil" for either of them.
because bitcoin and paypal are two totally different things with nothing in common. and paypal may be considered bad but it is not evil it is just a different system with different sets of rules .
and charge back although it is the source of many frauds but also it is good sometimes when the sender is the victim of fraud.
Activity: 826
September 21, 2016, 11:53:39 AM
They aren't comparable and neither is evil. Paypal is a company going about making profit,  like many established companies they make a lot of stupid mistakes. Also like a lot of companies they play it aafe and don't look to the long term.  Paypal,  western union etc will lose more business as time goes on,  but the current shot makers there will still get their huge salaries and bonuses and will be gone way before these businesses no longer turn a profit.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
September 21, 2016, 11:52:55 AM

Then again
Bitcoin doesnt allow chargebacks and is a feast for scammers because of that

I think Bitcoin, however, cant be regarded as evil cuz its decentralized or semi-decentralized(china)

~CfA~

I wouldn`t say that paypal is evil.Paypal is actually very buyer-friendly because of the chargebacks. Grin

Paypal is evil only for the online sellers, who use it as a payment gateway.

Bitcoin definitely isn`t evil.It`s created for good. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
September 21, 2016, 11:46:53 AM
Paypal rips off people constantly with the ridiculous fees for no reason. To the contrary, Bitcoin is a decentralized network and the fees are going directly for the people that sustain it, there are no secrets in terms of where the fees are going to.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 21, 2016, 11:36:02 AM
I don't consider Paypal to be evil, it's just a company and they will only do things that are in their best interest.
About accounts getting locked etc. I'm pretty sure that really only happens when they have a legitimate reason and if done in error, they will also unlock it.

That being said, I still think Bitcoin is better and I do hope that Bitcoin will overtake Paypal in terms of popularity.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
September 21, 2016, 11:30:52 AM
Can't say about the evil or non evil but one good feature of bitcoin is that, it is not monitored by any central authority. But all paypal transactions are monitored by the respective country's governing body and hence whatever you are earning through paypal, you have to declare it in the tax form.

On the other hand, if you can find a local trader for exchanging your bitcoin to local fiat currency, then no one is going to question you on that earning.  You enjoy the complete freedom.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
September 21, 2016, 11:15:41 AM
Technology (Bitcoin) can't be evil, only people (PayPal). That's all.

In my opinion, the perception of PayPal is not originating from their mere provision to allow chargebacks. It's originating to some degree from the common practice to ignore the legitimate interests of sellers and refusing to justly take into consideration the real circumstances of a case. But it's mainly originating from their practice to freeze accounts for arbitrary reasons and to expose their users to full governmental surveillance.

Bitcoin is simply working like cash. It's up to the users to decide who is trustworthy and who is not. Bitcoin does away with nannyland and encourages people to take responsibility for their own decisions. That's a great thing.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
September 21, 2016, 11:14:13 AM
I wouldn't use the word evil to describe pay pal but I prefer Bitcoin and there are three simple reasons why
1) You have 100% control and no one can freeze your funds(unless you are using an online wallet with strict rules like coinbase)
2) No insane fees
3) You don't have to deal with chargebacks
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 21, 2016, 11:00:36 AM
i like about bitcoin, that it doesn't matter to whom i send bitcoin and that there are no charge backs.
paypal is also expensive and they try to be the revolution that bitcoin is. go bitcoin  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 21, 2016, 10:52:20 AM
I do not see the evilness behind Bitcoin or Paypal they are both in the things that they are meant for so I have nothing to complain about them.
I do not make use of Paypal but I can see why many people do make use of it.
Pages:
Jump to: