Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Mining still profitable? - page 3. (Read 4421 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 16, 2017, 04:00:59 AM
not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

for example 1 single s9 net you less than 0.01 per day with 1.4kw/h of consumption, and the diff keep increase, which mean this amount is decreasing over time

we are already approaching the day where you need the whole resitendial power(usually here 3kw/h) to run a miner...

seems you have very high kwH cost at your place

yeah but even with 5 cent you are still looking for a very long roi time, you need to factor a 10% diff increase if not more

going small and buying one s9 for example doesn't make sense to me, making few satoshi and wait 1 year to recover the initial investment if ever

it's better to buy bitcoin and wait for the value to skyrocket, much easier
Activity: 1414
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
February 15, 2017, 10:51:30 AM
Unless you're pretty damn rich, it's not profitable.  It takes ages to get back your initial investment even if you don't consider the rising cost of electricity. Obviously it is possible to make a profit from it, otherwise the Bitcoin community would be under a lot of pressure, but I wouldn't advise investing in it on your own.  Group purchases could be profitable if you really try.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 15, 2017, 07:16:24 AM
not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

for example 1 single s9 net you less than 0.01 per day with 1.4kw/h of consumption, and the diff keep increase, which mean this amount is decreasing over time

we are already approaching the day where you need the whole resitendial power(usually here 3kw/h) to run a miner...

seems you have very high kwH cost at your place
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 15, 2017, 03:53:06 AM

Activity: 129
Merit: 101
February 14, 2017, 05:27:22 PM
As the subject, I would like to know if is it still profitable if we investigate on hardware to mine bitcoin at this moment. Thanks!
it may not be profitable but it is a private way to buy Bitcoin.
Activity: 2
February 14, 2017, 04:21:42 PM
As always, it depends on your electricity cost and hardware cost at your place.
Activity: 3
February 14, 2017, 04:15:56 PM
As the subject, I would like to know if is it still profitable if we investigate on hardware to mine bitcoin at this moment. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: