Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency - page 17. (Read 5727 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 05:32:39 AM
virtual currencies such as bitcoin and litecoin are difficult to adopt as conventional currency. However, in the letter, JPMorgan does not mention a number of potential innovations such as Lightning Network using bitcoin or Visite-based LitePay transactional litecoun services that can make the virtual currency act like a conventional currency.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
May 02, 2018, 05:01:07 AM
mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

Let us take a look at Bitcoin based on your given definitions of money and currency. Bitcoin is not money in the sense that it is not being represented by a physical version such as coins or banknotes. Neither it is a currency since it is not used in a particular country. However, your given definitions seem to be too strict. If we consider money and currency broadly, Bitcoin may fall into the two categories. Money could simply be understood as a medium of exchange and currency a system of money. Bitcoin as a digital currency or money is both a medium of exchange and a system.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
May 02, 2018, 04:55:55 AM
Bitcoin is neither money nor currency. It is an digital asset which is protected against inflation. Although Bitcoin can be used as a currency, I don't think that this role will survive for too long in to the future. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
May 02, 2018, 04:28:41 AM
Bitcoin is an absolutely new system of settlements between people. Humanity has not yet realized the breakthrough and importance of this idea of ​​decentralization of money

Humanity is understand everything, that's why bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are popular nowadays. Decentralization of money is the main factor that making people use bitcoin, profit means nothing in this case.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 01:58:39 AM
mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

I think bitcoin is currency because bitcoin is cryptocurrency, in my country bitcoin can't use to pay bill or buy something. Bitcoin must exchange to fiat first for buy something.
well, I think it's more towards the currency. but I do not know, not everyone recognizes that, and for the moment, bitcoin is more often used as an asset, or investment tool to make big profits in the future.
At first,it is a crypto currency and if you want to use,it will be turn into money to pay for whatever you need.It is a decentralized currency's and a faster transaction through payment and everything.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 01:58:03 AM
I think it is both. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and which is used as money circulating in the crypto world.
Activity: 31
May 02, 2018, 01:52:20 AM
Bitcoin is an absolutely new system of settlements between people. Humanity has not yet realized the breakthrough and importance of this idea of ​​decentralization of money
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
May 02, 2018, 01:25:20 AM
I would rather agree when bitcoin is said to be a digital asset and also an investment than to say it is a money. very less suitable to be a money because bitcoin is virtual
Right now, things are not that much good as they should be because there are not so many places where you can spend your bitcoins the way you spend your paper money. In addition to this, the government is also not willing to take some positive steps to promote and regulate bitcoin and that for now, the ones who have bought the bitcoins are only taking them as an asset and are holding their bitcoins.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
May 01, 2018, 02:37:23 AM
To everyone that have Bitcoin, and have being using it for exchange for other valuable things include money, in other words... I'll refer Bitcoin as currencies due to its use in the society.
But I think if bitcoin in make as the money is one suitable for bitcoin can not in received by everyone and because not everyone has a computer that be the basis of the use of bitcoin, while if in made some people must have a computer or at least smartphones to access bitcoin and not everyone was able to buy the two objects that
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 01:53:11 AM
I think its a currency, because our society used to as an exchange for money. It has value that changes based on the state of the market.
Activity: 283
May 01, 2018, 01:47:46 AM
To everyone that have Bitcoin, and have being using it for exchange for other valuable things include money, in other words... I'll refer Bitcoin as currencies due to its use in the society.
Activity: 218
May 01, 2018, 01:28:52 AM
Everyone uses bitcoin the way he wants. It is universal and unique product. For someone, this is a repository, for other currencies and so on.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
April 30, 2018, 10:54:06 PM
Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

So, bitcoin is... ?
A currency,but Bitcoin can be used worldwide so let's call it a WORLD currency.
Activity: 109
April 30, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

I think the bitcoin is currency. It is the best digital payment system. It is not real money. But, In the future the cryptocurrency will dominance in the market.

Dude it depends on the perspective some people says bitcoin is money but only exist in the digital world some says its a currnecy because it is well known around the world and other says its an investment. For me it differs time to time but the profit it gave is surely the best thing that I had since working on trading industry.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
April 30, 2018, 09:52:25 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

I think bitcoin is currency because bitcoin is cryptocurrency, in my country bitcoin can't use to pay bill or buy something. Bitcoin must exchange to fiat first for buy something.
well, I think it's more towards the currency. but I do not know, not everyone recognizes that, and for the moment, bitcoin is more often used as an asset, or investment tool to make big profits in the future.
Activity: 59
April 30, 2018, 09:14:31 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

I think the bitcoin is currency. It is the best digital payment system. It is not real money. But, In the future the cryptocurrency will dominance in the market.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
April 30, 2018, 09:07:23 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin now is usually used as a tool of making money rather than a currency. Bitcoin in my own point of view is more of money because it is used in investment and gaining profit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 08:59:30 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

Activity: 38
April 30, 2018, 08:49:17 PM
Bit Coin = a Peer to Peer tokenized public transaction network for transfer of value ..

WasTriffin ..
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
April 30, 2018, 08:41:21 PM
mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a currency because it can be used to buy anything that you are interested on a online store, another thigng is that, it was also good for long term investment because of the market's volatility.
Pages:
Jump to: