Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency - page 8. (Read 5727 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 06:28:48 AM
For me Bitcoin is a digital money and also a currency used as payment method here in my country. But it is also considered as an asset just like fiat currencies and gold, because it can be converted into money easily.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 06:05:46 AM
Bitcoin is a software based currency which have associated value only because people believe that it as money. If tomorrow everybody decided to not consider it as money then its value will be zero. Now a days many major retailers are also accepting bitcoin as way to pay for goods. So in that sense you can say it as money and by definition it will also be a currency which is not issued by any government in the world. But this definition is only true today. Nobody knows how governments around the world will treat it in future. Just hope people will believe on this and no government will ban its use.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 05:16:13 AM
I think bitcoin is currency because we can only use it online and we transact digitally, we can not see bitcoin in real form, whereas money is something that we can use to transact in real and have a real form
Activity: 294
May 15, 2018, 04:24:36 AM
I am absolutely agree on what you've said about bitcoin being used and/or treated lik ean asset. at that moment bitcoin couldn't be considered to be money
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
May 15, 2018, 04:19:31 AM
I cant say because both the term seems equal for me, or closely relatable for me.
Well you are right bitcoin can be use but at first bitcoin is the digital currency as they are not like ordinary money but a lot of things are being done with digital currency that we are were don’t with money, bitcoin is a legitimate means of transaction, so for me the importance of bitcoin is higher than money, we can now do everything with bitcoin we are earning money and we are buying goods at the same time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
May 15, 2018, 02:23:32 AM
Bitcoin can be known as the of the first usage of what is called cryptocurrency. We can state Bitcoin is money or currency both of two. Bitcoin is a currency using the web that can be cash by changing over into money. If you transform the bitcoin into fiat, we can call it cash or money. Some store or company acknowledge the bitcoin as payment no need to convert into a piece of money that. Bitcoin can both of two. If depend to you which one you think bitcoin. The essential bitcoin has value. It no nonsense at all
Activity: 58
May 15, 2018, 02:01:25 AM
There are many different jurisdiction about Bitcoin. But it is a true global currency and it can be used in any part of the world. Or if you are paying using Bitcoin, it is a money. If you see it as a store of value that can beat inflation, you probably see it as an asset class similar to gold and so on.
Activity: 56
May 14, 2018, 10:47:03 AM
a payment system. Oh, and it is a technology to prove ownership over something (Bitcoins in the most basic form) on a distributed no-trust-requiring public ledger.
Activity: 53
May 14, 2018, 10:41:18 AM
Its obviously not a currency, then its surely a money. Easy!
Activity: 81
May 13, 2018, 08:44:47 PM
I cant say because both the term seems equal for me, or closely relatable for me.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
May 13, 2018, 04:58:56 PM
We should keep in mind that everything happens online and that future generations will be more adapted to the fact that crypto currency is a natural part of the virtual world.
Bitcoin exists as a digital currency and using as payment system and transactions between two sources or systems those can be high trading companies and businesses that involve transactions in order to buy products from another source through Bitcoin transactions. So Bitcoin acts both as a currency and money because you can invest in it and can make your economy better.
Activity: 168
Merit: 4
May 13, 2018, 08:22:17 AM
bitcoin is money in the form of currency. why I say like that because bitcoin is not in physical form but can already as a means of payment. bitcoin can be the currency of the future.
Activity: 56
May 13, 2018, 06:48:36 AM
mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

I think both, Bitcoin is money and currency. Because the bitcoin is crypto currency and payment system. But It is not real money, it is digital currency. It is my opinion.
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
May 13, 2018, 03:19:11 AM
Well, theoretically BTC can be used as a medium of exchange, but technically the Bitcoin network is far from being a good tool for exchanging. So I would call it a valuable and trusted digital asset that can be used as a medium of exchange.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 06:11:36 AM
Bitcoin Its a digital currency. Which we transact payment through online. And easy payments or easy transuction. But Same value of money which is good we can use in internet.
Activity: 420
May 13, 2018, 04:10:57 AM
I think It's both because all of a sudden its use for any kind of transactions we made in any kind of way we use it whether in digital or in real transactions. we can use bitcoins for it, so bitcoin is a kind of digital currency or money that can help us thru with this.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 03:55:29 AM
As i have known, money can make you buy anything (where money can buy) you like. In the case of bitcoin, it's a digital currency that makes you buy food or pay for the services rendered to you. So i think bitcoin is currency and is also a money.
Yes you have a point. For me, bitcoin can also call currency because other definition of currency is a state of being used so bitcoin is very useful to us that's why it is called crypto currency of digital currency which is only in virtual. Bitcoin is not a money but it can covert to money.
Activity: 154
May 13, 2018, 03:52:15 AM
Your quoted defintions suck don't they.  

Money is "monnaie", coming from "Juno Moneta":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneta

This word has a little bit of history pointing towards a "State" interpretation, which depending on what that means to you it might suggest bitcoin is not really money.  Some have certainly claimed so and this is a defensible claim in the context of it not being coinage of a Romanesque State-claiming apparatus.  

On the other hand, in common English money has taken more of a general usage, (i.e. the money shot, "that was money", "what's up money?", etc.)  and as such is more often taken to mean any exchange commodity.  Because any and all things could be used as exchange commodities, we could therefore argue that bitcoin is an effective money.  Context is important here going between the different meanings.  

As to currency, this implies a "running" or a flow, meaning that many people use it.  Cigarettes are therefore currency in some places but not in others.  Bitcoin is currency insomuch as (if) there is a large community of people using it as an exchange commodity.  

Bitcoin is just like a large amount of money that we want to use anything as we wanted to and exchange in the process of  curriencies to make it faster and convenient to the user itself.
Activity: 100
May 13, 2018, 02:45:51 AM
It is not a currency because it does not hold  the value because it is so volatile.
Activity: 546
May 13, 2018, 02:07:07 AM
As i have known, money can make you buy anything (where money can buy) you like. In the case of bitcoin, it's a digital currency that makes you buy food or pay for the services rendered to you. So i think bitcoin is currency and is also a money.
Even if bitcoin is not totally a currency but still it have a digital value convertible to any true currency, it can be use to purchase goods and services therefore its a kind of money or an online money circulated over the internet.
Pages:
Jump to: