Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin really just benefiting its creator? - page 2. (Read 3138 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Imagine Bitcoin's beginning, when its userbase was no more than 100 users.

At that time, even someone with a weak Pentium 4 could mint blocks of coins quite easily for him or herself.

Now, with individual Bitcoins worth more than USD or most other major currencies on a nominal basis, one must ask: Did the guy who wrote the Bitcoins software do this primarily to enrich himself in such an unorthodox manner? Additionally, the lack of clarity over the identity of the person who came up with this software raises my eyebrows.

It's not a Ponzi scheme, but if the guy who came up with this is holding 10% of the current Bitcoin supply for himself, then I think he's a genius. He might make millions.

Assuming hes kept a shit load of those bitcoins, he will be rich as hell one day if Bitcoin doesn't fail over the years. Well deserved to. Anyone who invests time and money into an idea that is amazing deserves it.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Imagine Bitcoin's beginning, when its userbase was no more than 100 users.

At that time, even someone with a weak Pentium 4 could mint blocks of coins quite easily for him or herself.

Now, with individual Bitcoins worth more than USD or most other major currencies on a nominal basis, one must ask: Did the guy who wrote the Bitcoins software do this primarily to enrich himself in such an unorthodox manner? Additionally, the lack of clarity over the identity of the person who came up with this software raises my eyebrows.

It's not a Ponzi scheme, but if the guy who came up with this is holding 10% of the current Bitcoin supply for himself, then I think he's a genius. He might make millions.
Pages:
Jump to: