Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin required to pay taxes? - page 3. (Read 1951 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 28, 2018, 04:14:50 AM
The solution of taxation issues is not only for the authorities, but for the market participants, since without a corresponding tax status, the crypto-currencies will remain outlawed, which means that market participants are defenseless against the arbitrariness of the same state: you do not pay taxes-you are a criminal, with clear consequences.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
August 27, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?

At first, the attractiveness of bitcoin was partly due to the fact that it was not regulated and could be used in transactions to avoid tax obligations. But, Bitcoin is now listed on the exchange and has been paired with leading world currencies such as the US dollar and the euro.

Government authorities around the world soon realized that bitcoin attracted black marketers who could make illegal transactions. Sure, it is impossible for bitcoin to escape the tax authority radar for a long time.

All over the world, tax authorities have issued regulations on bitcoin. For example, the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said that bitcoin must be treated as an intangible and non-currency asset or property because it is not issued by a country's central bank. The treatment of Bitcoin as an asset makes tax implications clear.

The IRS has obliged to report bitcoin transactions in all types, no matter how small the value. So, every US taxpayer is required to keep records of all purchases, sales, investments in, or use bitcoin to pay for goods or services that the IRS considers barter.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 11:24:58 AM
 However, it is clearly written in the internal revenue laws that any type of income earned by a Filipino citizen shall be taxed unless expressly exempted."
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
August 27, 2018, 06:14:32 AM
Here in the Philippines, it is not yet implemented that Bitcoin required taxes. In my research about that I read this information which verify that it is not yet required in the Philippines: Here is it 'The Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has not yet issued clear guidelines on the tax treatment of bitcoin transactions. However, it is clearly written in the internal revenue laws that any type of income earned by a Filipino citizen shall be taxed unless expressly exempted."
it is difficult to determine the fair value of bitcoin on buying and selling transactions. Bitcoin is very easy to change and there is a large price swing in one trading day.
Activity: 37
August 24, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
Is Bitcoin required to pay taxes? in some country, Yes, Bitcoin investments are taxed as a capital asset.

To properly pay taxes on an investment in bitcoin, you'll need to wrangle some information from each sale you conducted over the last fiscal year. You can use these figures to calculate your realized gains or losses for each sale.

Paying taxes on bitcoin isn’t nearly as hard as it sounds, The reality is straightforward for most investors, based on how much you bought bitcoin for, how much you sold it for, and what you make in income.
Activity: 133
August 24, 2018, 02:59:21 PM
In countries that have legalized it, Bitcoin holder is required to pay taxes. And what I know is, every country has a different tax regulation, bitcoin tax can be equated with income tax, it can also be calculated with capital gains.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
August 24, 2018, 12:50:14 PM
Taxation on your bitcoin income varies from country to country.

It depends on the specific laws that prevail in the respective countries.

While in some countries, there is full clarification as to how the bitcoin transactions will be taxed and there are no doubt to that.

But in other countries issue of legality of bitcoin is still dubious and not much clear.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 24, 2018, 10:07:05 AM
Each state has the right to establish on its territory any taxes and fees. Bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency can not be an exception in this respect, as it brings significant profits to citizens. If such taxes are established, citizens will have to pay them. Moreover, it will have to be done, otherwise the state, taking into account its non-interest in spreading the decentralized crypto currency, can use this excuse to limit or even prohibit the circulation of the crypto currency. Therefore, it will be in the interests of the citizens themselves to pay taxes.
Activity: 98
July 13, 2018, 10:48:50 PM
In my view it is the right move in the way of legalizing tender of bitcoins in the particular country.Bitcoin must pay their fair taxes and it should be minimize.It will be beneficial to all either firms, companies,institutions, individuals or concern government.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
July 13, 2018, 09:42:12 AM
It depends upon the country, in your country government put tax means you should the tax otherwise no need. I think still most of the countries didn’t put any tax for bitcoin. If the transaction is done for large amount then surely the government will think about tax in future. If the government put tax for bitcoin means that country would legalize the bitcoin. But at the same time few countries announced tax for using bitcoin.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
July 12, 2018, 05:54:11 AM
Of course, this will create the trust of society and government, as a result of which there will be an agreement and settlement!
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
July 11, 2018, 09:23:35 PM
Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?

From 2017 onwards, tax authorities began to take seriously this unprecedented income. At this point, you'd better guarantee that you've done everything right with tax returns. It is now in the U.S. tax filing season that the IRS will not miss the part of the proceeds they deserve. From 2017 onwards, tax authorities began to take seriously this unprecedented income. At this point, you'd better guarantee that you've done everything right with tax returns.

Well the implementation will depend upon the country that you are residing on as some countries are lenient with its taxation. What makes cryptocurrency difficult to tax is its lack of any regulation among the government or any organization. Unlike any conventional investment tools present, cryptocurrencies tend to deviate from this norm since what determines its value is law of demand and supply- which makes it very distinct from the other investment tools. Although the same LAW may be utilized, its limited supply and intangible nature makes it difficult to have a stable value.

Here in our country (Philippines) tax for bitcoin is not yet implemented, since many of our country men didn't take it seriously when it comes​ to bitcoin. Many still believes that bitcoin is just a scam, however I think maybe after few years, if they already have a knowledge with it, maybe thatd the time where taxes will enter.

I somewhat agree from what you have stated. My colleague visited the BSP and they asked about cryptocurrencies and its status in our country. Based from what the lawyers said, they see bitcoin as a property rather as a currency- therefore making it inapplicable to legal tender. There may be insufficient laws catering to the taxation of bitcoin but once the government sees its potential, expect further regulations.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 11, 2018, 06:10:00 AM
I do not think that you need to pay taxes for bitcoin, otherwise the whole idea of ​​creating bitcoin will be lost!
Activity: 42
July 11, 2018, 12:09:13 AM
Although the legal framework for trading activities, virtual currency management, virtual property has not yet been finalized and it takes time to issue related legal documents, in practice. There have been cases occur and resolved in accordance with current law.
For example, in the case of Ben Tre province, on September 21, 1977, the Ben Tre Provincial People's Court decried the tax arrears of Mr. Nguyen Viet Cuong's case for electronic money exchange (bitcoin). The court found that there are no legal documents regulating digital money, virtual money are goods and services used for production and consumption in Vietnam, so the decision was made. Collection of tax arrears and decisions on settlement of complaints related to tax offices.
Activity: 246
Merit: 2
March 16, 2018, 12:11:07 PM

Here in our country (Philippines) tax for bitcoin is not yet implemented, since many of our country men didn't take it seriously when it comes​ to bitcoin. Many still believes that bitcoin is just a scam, however I think maybe after few years, if they already have a knowledge with it, maybe thatd the time where taxes will enter.
Activity: 11
March 16, 2018, 11:57:31 AM
Yes it should be because it become legal
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
March 16, 2018, 11:54:32 AM

You'll have to check on a case by case basis some countries wont tax it others will not sure in what manner though.
Lyd
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
March 16, 2018, 11:39:38 AM
If bitcoin starts paying taxes to countries then governments would be forced to accept it so this might be a good thing for bitcoin
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
March 16, 2018, 11:36:31 AM
I think the country will feel the positive impact of bitcoin taxes, such as the high increase in state income. and also can reduce the unemployment of the population. so, reducing poverty.

the negative impact is bitcoin controlled by the government with regulation, and disrupting the spread.

Of course, the governments all over the world can benefit a lot from the tax received through crypto. Still, may governments are not understanding this and are trying to put restrictions on bitcoins in their country.

In my country, the earnings made through crypto is considered as capital gains and is thus taxable. Many people are not aware of this and thus the exchanges here have started informing the investors. Recently, a leading exchange in my country has started partnership with online tax filing company for the members using the exchange for bitcoin investment.
Activity: 111
March 16, 2018, 11:01:38 AM
At the moment, I have not heard any confirmation information on the issue of taxation for use or investment in bitcoin. But in my opinion, taxes can be applied in the way the US government has applied for the stock market. That's what I did not expect. In fact, it is too difficult to apply taxes to consumers and investors. The blockchain is still a rock for determining that.
Pages:
Jump to: