Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking? - page 11. (Read 3101 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
September 16, 2018, 01:20:19 AM
This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

I think bitcoin and banks are different. Now that banks are safer than bitcoin, banks have a smaller risk of losing than we store assets in bitcoin.
But it's back to you.
Correct, This two kinds of method of storing money have both upsides and downsides and these two also has their risks. If banks get bankrupt the person that stores a huge amount of money in this method will surely lose his/her money and only get a small amount of collateral and that's pretty much frustrating.
Literally, we cannot store money on crypto currencies because of its volatile nature (except Tether) and its correct term is investing/investment. Crypto currency investment is for "HIGH" risk takers and banking is for "LOW" risk takers and this two are so different and I don't know why a lot of people are comparing this two as the same lol. Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 16, 2018, 01:06:29 AM
Bitcoin and bank both are safe but I personally think bitcoin is safer than bank because we can not control banking system but here we can make the security harder.
Activity: 16
September 16, 2018, 12:49:19 AM
For me, Bitcoin is safer than a bank but I'm not saying that banks are not a good thing to save our money to them. It's just that more like that in Bitcoin savings there is a possibility that your amount of money can be x3 to x10 or more depending on the value of the bitcoin price when rising quickly. And banks need a lot of documents while not in bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
September 16, 2018, 12:22:21 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?
I think the Bank is safer than Bitcoin. Bitcoin is constantly changing and is subject to whale manipulation every day. Depositing money into the bank you will get daily interest and be safe....
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
September 16, 2018, 12:20:34 AM

I think bitcoin and banks are different. Now that banks are safer than bitcoin, banks have a smaller risk of losing than we store assets in bitcoin.
But it's back to you.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
September 15, 2018, 11:19:06 PM
If safe mean hard to steal, i am believe bitcoin is much safer that we keep money in banks. But if that mean for the value, i am believe bitcoin price always volatile and always have high fluctuation. I do believe keeping bitcoin much more safe than keep paper money because fiat purchasing power always decreasing
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
September 15, 2018, 10:08:00 PM
it's up to you if you have confidence in the BTC and other crypto currencies here. Doing these things we should decide ourselves if you need to rely on others that you do not really know that you are safe or not. we should not only believe in the bad news you are reading, and we need to believe in ourselves and just have to trust the power of digital money in our world.
Activity: 140
September 15, 2018, 10:02:26 PM
Public Blockchain has high security because network nodes have been created globally, and consensus is carried out by millions of nodes from around the world. Whereas the Personal Blockchain only has very limited nodes, and this allows hacking.
Activity: 204
Merit: 11
September 15, 2018, 10:01:11 PM
if for security maybe banking is safer than bitcoin because if your assets are lost it might be able to be restored and being for bitcoin security might still be said to be not as good as banking because if bitcoin is stolen we will not be able to return it, but if we want to find results from investment, we choose bitcoin instead of banking
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
September 15, 2018, 09:34:23 PM
Bitcoin is safer than the banking system. With bitcoin, you are in charge of every transaction you make. Transaction fee associated with bitcoin is also far less than that of banks transaction charges. Bitcoin also operates on a decentralized system making it easier to use
Activity: 448
September 15, 2018, 08:42:37 PM
Yes, Bitcoin has advantages over banking. and this is one of the advantages of Bitcoin. but even so we still have to be careful with Digital assets that we store in our wallets, nowadays there are many criminals trying to hack bitcoin wallets and other crypto wallets. because this Cryptocurrency is an opportunity to get a very lucrative profit.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
September 15, 2018, 08:41:01 PM
Actually, in my opinion, both banks and bitcoins are the same as risk, depending on our own security. Because you have never been hacked by bitcoin hackers, if that happens to you, then surely you will say bitcoin is like a bank that has a big risk. .
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
September 15, 2018, 08:32:23 PM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

Fraud will continue to exist within an financial firm or anywhere money can be generated. There some been several cases of Banks in my country operating without the permissions of the central bank of my country. Some run losses and collapse leaving its investors in Limbo.
Looking at this, I vouch for Bitcoin as users are their own security and controllers of their wallets and transactions.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
www.daxico.com
September 15, 2018, 08:23:26 PM
Bitcoin safety is not 100% guarantee although  new project on the crypto world are springing up every day to address the security and the safety of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency but none have been proven worthy by the mainstream . until there is drastic measure and lasting solutions to bitcoin holder , banking is still safer because banks are operating under insurance .
Activity: 144
September 15, 2018, 08:17:55 PM
I think Bitcoin is safer than banking. Bitcoin is more accessible than banking. In terms of transferring money.Bitcoin will be transact easily than banking and no need to fill-out forms just to deposit or withdraw. Just think if you want to take risk of your investment. Are you for Bitcoin or are you for banking.
Yes, I think also that having your money in your own wallet is much safer than letting others holding it. You feel more secure. If you save or invest in a bank, there are tendency of improper handling of your money that is why some banks filed bankruptcy.
Activity: 66
Merit: 2
"EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution"
September 15, 2018, 08:11:18 PM
honestly it is safer if we save at a bank, compared to we save bitcoin, because the price of bitcoin itself is still unstable, nothing guarantees the certainty of the price. Whereas if we save in our bank, the government will guarantee it
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
September 15, 2018, 08:05:07 PM

Actualy my opinion of this are mixed maybe i can say thats  crypto is safer in  banking  and maybe i can say are not,because first banking are more stabilize than crypto in terms of monetary fund and its would been regulated and legalized by the worlds government ,even there is fraud its been contolled,otherwise i could say thats crypto is more secured in banks because you are the one who hold your capital or your wallet on your own,so this means that your capable the security of your own resources.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
September 15, 2018, 07:51:44 PM
In terms of financial security and right management, I go for banking. If you will have savings through banking, assure that you can hold your money whenever you decide to withdraw it. However, if you want a real investment and profitable source of income, I will say that bitcoin is much better than banking. But, there are always risk when you put your money in bitcoin so if I were you, I will study the complexity of BTC.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
September 15, 2018, 07:46:27 PM
Banking is all around directed and there is no namelessness. Along these lines, the level of responsibility required from the players in the banking industry is high which implies that monetary violations can be avoided. Digital money isn't controlled and it is mysterious. This makes it simple for criminal to carryout all way of violations. Keeping money is more secure.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
September 15, 2018, 07:39:11 PM
I think bitcoin and bank have their own security. Bitcoin has strong advantages in security but it also has many holes.
Pages:
Jump to: