Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin still Beta Software - page 2. (Read 265 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
August 04, 2023, 08:22:10 PM
According to the post made by achow101 (who is one of bitcoin core developers), it's no longer a beta software, however it's still an experimental software.

Bitcoin Core still (intentionally) contains a line that says "this software is experimental". The line saying that Bitcoin Core is beta software was removed in 2014.

Do you mind sharing the URL exactly where you read it?
OP is referring to factoids that are displayed randomly under the first post of every page.
You can see the full list of factoids here: https://bitcointalk.org/adrotate.php?adinfo
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
August 04, 2023, 08:08:27 PM
Is this the thread you are referring to? Bitcoins are experimental beta software. It will be replaced.

For the second statement, it is good advice not to put all our money into Bitcoin. What would we call people who go against this rule? Gamblers? High-risk takers, or just plain stupid. I'll bet on Bitcoin. Would you?

Putting all your money into one thing is never advisable, even if the thing is not Bitcoin. It's always advisable for someone not to have overconfidence to the extent that it could lead to that person's foolishness. Putting all your hard-earned cash and investment into Bitcoin means you have handed over your life to Bitcoin, as your blood pressure will now be regulated by how the price of Bitcoin goes up or down. Anytime you see a great deal in the market, the doctor will have to be called, or you will have your Prinivil and Zestril in your hands all the time .
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
August 04, 2023, 08:05:42 PM
Do you mind sharing the URL exactly where you read it? Maybe it's an old post and at that time, the update which they were referring to was in actual Beta? Bitcoin is not in Beta and is actually on the version 25 of Core release as you already mentioned. Please include the post URL or give more information, "above at the bottom" doesn't make any sense and don't even help to locate it personally.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
August 04, 2023, 07:49:00 PM
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
I noticed the quote above at the bottom of one of the first pages of the thread. I have never really thought or seen Bitcoin as beta software. It has been here for the past 14 years, and we have seen several releases in the Bitcoin core, with the latest being 25.0. Is it still beta software? If yes, how would we know that it is no longer beta software?

For the second statement, it is good advice not to put all our money into Bitcoin. What would we call people who go against this rule? Gamblers? High-risk takers, or just plain stupid. I'll bet on Bitcoin. Would you?
Pages:
Jump to: