Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin truly a safe-haven asset? - page 2. (Read 1390 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 12
October 02, 2021, 12:36:31 PM
We have seen how highly volatile Bitcoin is. For now it’s safe to say it is not completely a safe-haven asset because majority of it’s holders are speculative. It might not survive the first recession but I think it’s too soon to conclude.
Yes bitcoin is volatile. It is safe but sometimes see every platform has a some risk fraud. In bitcoin also have scammer, fraud, rusks but that does not mean it is not secure or safe it is safe and secure.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
September 17, 2021, 05:35:41 AM
We have seen how highly volatile Bitcoin is. For now it’s safe to say it is not completely a safe-haven asset because majority of it’s holders are speculative. It might not survive the first recession but I think it’s too soon to conclude.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
September 17, 2021, 05:22:36 AM
Maybe it couldn't be said as safe assets or investment but cryptocurrency is. In terms of security the security of crypto wallet is really high as long as we use it well and don't do anything dangerous on the internet.
In terms of price, i think bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is not that safe but it's the most interesting and promising investment instrument if we saw the price history and i'm sure there many people investing in cryptocurrency just because seeing the growth of the price.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 17, 2021, 05:21:31 AM
Bitcoin is also risky. Everyone is invested in Bitcoin, just wants to have more money. Some people will put the money in the encrypted currency because of the depreciation of the law. But now more people in encrypting currencies are investors.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 586
September 17, 2021, 04:54:29 AM
Since Bitcoin is purely a speculative risk asset, many people have doubted its position as a purported safe-haven asset, I am not one of them anyways. However, since Bitcoin hasn't witnessed a global recession yet, I feel Bitcoin hasn't sufficiently defended its narrative as a safe-haven asset.

As the possibility of a global recession intensifies, what's your take on the possible performance of Bitcoin? will it go down with the traditional market or will it defend its name? I am very much interested to know.
Hasn’t Bitcoin gotten to a stage where we can see it as a safe haven? If you look at the value of Bitcoin from 2009 to this 2021 you will see that there is a huge difference. Someone who have invested between this time range would have gotten enough in return, because the price kept increasing from the toll now, while our Fiat keeps decrease in and even got worse during the pandemic.

What do I do understand that during the pandemic a lot of Twitter currencies were affected and that includes Bitcoin, but it wasn’t only for this, because there are lots of other assets on stocks markets that we are affected. Bitcoin has kept going stronger even after all that has happened
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 17, 2021, 02:55:59 AM
Not totally a safe haven but it's a pretty useful tool so you can weather out thee problems in fiat, I mean any kind of investment that moves your fiat away from inflation is generally much better than just putting it in a piggy bank and slowly lessens it's value to buy goods and services.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
September 17, 2021, 12:03:32 AM
It's not a safe haven as an investment, it's never meant for that. It is a safe haven for those who want to break away from the banks and governments. Although trying to make this more and more difficult, you can still transfer bitcoin to anywhere in the world. And this will always be so.
maybe it really is a safe haven for the people that invest where bitcoin was still under a dollar because they never lost thier investment but it only growed overtime and maybe not really for the people that are late to invest in bitcoin because they may invest high and the value then declines which can lead to loose of thier investment . there are still countries where governments and banks are powerful over bitcoin and they ban bitcoin so bitcoin is not a saven for the people living in these countries .
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
September 16, 2021, 11:34:33 PM
It's not a safe haven as an investment, it's never meant for that. It is a safe haven for those who want to break away from the banks and governments. Although trying to make this more and more difficult, you can still transfer bitcoin to anywhere in the world. And this will always be so.
Activity: 116
Merit: 11
September 16, 2021, 11:12:56 PM

Bitcoin cannot be used as a safe-haven asset at present. Its price fluctuates and is unstable. Many people oppose it as a safe-haven asset.

But the number of bitcoins is fixed and limited, which can effectively alleviate the inflation problem. With the intensification of global economic problems, Bitcoin's potential performance will get better and better, and it may become a good asset in the future.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
rocket.hashbon.com
September 16, 2021, 06:18:20 PM
I'm not so sure about save heaven, it's just that all investments have positive and negative sides, as well as bitcoin investments. so it depends on how individuals manage their respective assets. I think investing in bitcoin is indeed profitable compared to other investments but it will take a little longer. if someone believes in bitcoin investment, of course they will do their best to be able to manage their assets well so that in the future it can be profitable.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
September 16, 2021, 07:09:20 AM
bitcoin is not a safe haven asset, because in bitcoin you can still experience losses if you are not equipped with knowledge when it comes to cryptocurrency and investing. by equipping yourself with knowledge about cryptocurrency and investing, you can protect yourself from losses and you can maximize your profits.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
July 22, 2021, 02:46:03 AM
Bitcoin evangelist has always attributed Bitcoin to be a safe-haven asset, while extreme fanatics believe that Bitcoin is far better than gold. Bitcoin was born in the wake of the 2008 financial crash as a libertarian currency and as an instrument that could help cushion the event of a future financial crisis.
It depends on how you will deal with it, and respect your opinion like what others do.

Since Bitcoin is purely a speculative risk asset, many people have doubted its position as a purported safe-haven asset, I am not one of them anyways. However, since Bitcoin hasn't witnessed a global recession yet, I feel Bitcoin hasn't sufficiently defended its narrative as a safe-haven asset.
Let them doubt and let us continue , that's it mate who cares about them as they are not caring for us here?

As the possibility of a global recession intensifies, what's your take on the possible performance of Bitcoin? will it go down with the traditional market or will it defend its name? I am very much interested to know.
One thing that i only Know , and that is bitcoin will remain as currency and also giving mea financial freedom.
Activity: 897
Merit: 284
July 22, 2021, 02:22:35 AM
Bitcoin evangelist has always attributed Bitcoin to be a safe-haven asset, while extreme fanatics believe that Bitcoin is far better than gold. Bitcoin was born in the wake of the 2008 financial crash as a libertarian currency and as an instrument that could help cushion the event of a future financial crisis.

There is nothing like safe heaven asset cause all investment on Bitcoin or other cypto are very risky and needed to be previewed with geeat understanding before venturing into it as an asset. Many ignorant and desperate persons had made the mistake of limiting the risks that is involved in Bitcoin and the entire interface. Caution need to be taken to prevent further loses if one had made such mistake in the past.

Bitcoin can be a safe heaven for those who understand the level of risks involved in it and good comprehension of the entire buying and selling pool works. The first time I invested in Bitcoin, I lost all my money maybe I was not equipped with the right information to trade the market. This really made to it tight and start all over again with strict measures to avoid past mistakes.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
July 11, 2021, 11:14:18 AM

Your definition of bitcoin would more likely rely on how you use it or how it functions in your life. With regards to bitcoin becoming a safe haven asset, it will also depend on how well you are securing as well as making decisions that protects and increase the quantity of bitcoin you obtain. Over the years, lots of people took risk in crypto investments not only because it is on the trend but because they saw lots of people's life changing over time which makes their trust for it increase even more. Bitcoin's performance will keep on getting better but for now we have to endure the crisis we are facing and be patient.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
July 09, 2021, 03:07:10 AM

hello sir, yes I really understand what you are asking, at this time we mostly lost to the traditional bitcoin market, many of us have experienced a lot of turmoil, I also experienced it, maybe in the future there will be a big wave that will shake the bitcoin market

Activity: 70
Merit: 1
July 09, 2021, 02:12:45 AM
We cant say Bitcoin is a safe haven asset, at least for now Bitcoin can't be vey safe. The reason is simple, because the price of Bitcoin is volatile。It has a high volatility.Sometimes will meet serious threats from hackers.
Activity: 116
Merit: 23
July 07, 2021, 11:29:46 PM
Due to the large fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin, investors will bear a certain amount of risk, and Bitcoin cannot be completely a safe-haven asset. With the stable status of Bitcoin, many new users in the currency circle believe in investing in Bitcoin. As long as the market price changes are analyzed and studied, strategic investments will bring certain benefits. And bitcoin is relatively safe for altcoins currently appearing on the market.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
July 07, 2021, 04:28:59 PM

Well obviously bitcoin is not that safe, and that is due to the fact that it is not controlled by government and there are a lot of them that are trying to ban it, and enforce users not to use it, and if we reach a point where a large portion of the world totally bans it, we would be faced with bitcoin losing many people and that would most likely affect it heavily.
To reiterate, no of course not, BTC like any other asset class can't be considered a safe haven otherwise everyone would flock to it. The risks associated with BTC investment is what makes it an asset, right?

There are many factors that can influence how long the mass adoption of crypto will take, and so there are many challenges and risks associated with crypto but that's what's like for anything else.

The difference of course is that crypto allows for higher returns in a contracted amount of time Wink but it is far from a get it get rich scheme.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
July 07, 2021, 04:24:17 PM

Well obviously bitcoin is not that safe, and that is due to the fact that it is not controlled by government and there are a lot of them that are trying to ban it, and enforce users not to use it, and if we reach a point where a large portion of the world totally bans it, we would be faced with bitcoin losing many people and that would most likely affect it heavily.
Activity: 10
Merit: 2
July 07, 2021, 04:02:29 PM
Bitcoin is definitely not as safe-haven of an asset as many would like to believe. The charts trend very similarly to the stock markets at times and when big dips happen in the economy, bitcoin generally follows. As many have already noted, its more of a digital gold than a hedge against the global economy, not directly correlated, but definitely connected.
Pages:
Jump to: