Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Blockchain.info reliable? - page 2. (Read 257 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 01:04:38 PM
Yes, i wrote the words seed twice on two different papers and added a password!

That's a good one, but please try to use Either Paper Wallet or Hardware Wallet if you really want to keep your Bitcoins safe.

Yup, i think i'll order a Ledger Nano once i really get started. For now i don't have much.

i'm extra paranoid about my hardware.

You can use a Paper Wallet

But it's way too annoying.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
December 14, 2017, 11:51:22 AM
Thanks a lot for your answers everyone. I think i'm going to stay away from blockchain.

Concerning the wallets, i'm really interested into Electrum but... the problem is... i'm extra paranoid about my hardware. I really don't want to face hdd failure. I heard i can back up the wallet so i think i should get some reliable usb keys for that. And of course i know about the wallet recovery systems but i really wanna avoid such "issues". I'm going to give it a try anyway.

EDIT: Electrum installed and wallet created
When creating your Electrum wallet, you will be asked to backup your 12 words seed. This is all you need to recover your wallet if anything happens to your device.

Write down this seed and keep it in a safe place (and preferably in multiple places) where no one can find and steal your coins. By doing that, even if you face a HDD failure, you can easily recover your coins. You can also encrypt your wallet with a password and keep the file in multiple flash drives.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
December 14, 2017, 11:14:20 AM
That's a good one, but please try to use Either Paper Wallet or Hardware Wallet if you really want to keep your Bitcoins safe.
Activity: 1154
Merit: 154
December 14, 2017, 11:12:45 AM
i'm extra paranoid about my hardware.

You can use a Paper Wallet
December 14, 2017, 11:10:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your answers everyone. I think i'm going to stay away from blockchain.

Concerning the wallets, i'm really interested into Electrum but... the problem is... i'm extra paranoid about my hardware. I really don't want to face hdd failure. I heard i can back up the wallet so i think i should get some reliable usb keys for that. And of course i know about the wallet recovery systems but i really wanna avoid such "issues". I'm going to give it a try anyway.

EDIT: Electrum installed and wallet created
Activity: 1154
Merit: 154
December 14, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
Ys, it is reliable. But I would not use online Wallets, hardware Wallets and Paper Wallets are more secure.
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
December 14, 2017, 10:38:13 AM
It's been a long time since I've moved towards new wallet and left blockchain.info for good.
Electrum is way better in my experience, there are some features that do not exist in blockchain.info such as export and sweep private keys, sign/verify message, easy to use/backup and can be integrated into your smartphone and computer, set custom fees and many others.
You can download electrum here: https://electrum.org/#download
Can be installed on Linux, Windows, Android and OSX.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 14, 2017, 08:45:24 AM
Honest answer: reliable until something.happens into their system. In ahort, I wouldn't entrust the service with my money, no matter how long they've been operating. An online wallet is still an online wallet, prone to attacks and such thus safe unless hacked. You can download a wallet on your pc or on your phone. Just keep track of your internet activities and you'll be fine.

If you want to buy BTC in the US/Canada, I'd suggest Bitstamp. Kraken is also okay, but then again verification takes too long.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
December 14, 2017, 07:18:00 AM
Honestly blockchain.info is not one of the best wallet if you only wanted to save your bitcoin for a long time safety i recommend to use electrum wallet instead you are right that you heard some issue about blockchain but not all experience the same thing..

Where honestly do you live if you are living in US you can buy bitcoins directly to coinbase but it needs identity verification..
If you live in india you can use zebpay you can instantly buy bitcoins there or here in my country philippines you can use coins.ph which is you can instantly convert your money deposit to bitcoin..

for ethereum MEW is the only wallet that i know is safe which is you had the private keys that anytime soon if you forgot your wallet you can recover your wallet with your private key.. Like electrum for bitcoin you can save the seed phrase for future recover..
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
December 14, 2017, 07:17:32 AM
However, i keep seeing people recommending it, and it's sometimes referred as one of the best.
Blockchain.info is far from being the best. The only people recommending it are the spammers who don't have anything constructive to post other than "blockchain is best" with a broken english in "which wallet should i use" posts.

I really don't know what to think about them. Btw i wonder if some reviews are legit or fake. Should i keep using Blockchain? Or move to something else?
Don't. You must have full access over your coins if you want to keep them safe. Use Electrum for Bitcoin and MyEtherWallet for Ethereum.
December 14, 2017, 07:06:36 AM
Hi,

As the title says, i wanna know more about that site, since i'm using it at the moment to store some money.

But i've seen a significant amount of very negative reviews about it. However, i keep seeing people recommending it, and it's sometimes referred as one of the best. I really don't know what to think about them. Btw i wonder if some reviews are legit or fake. Should i keep using Blockchain? Or move to something else?

I need to buy some btc and eth right now and Kraken barely works/is taking too much time to verify me. I heard about people who paid for btc but never got anything or had to wait for weeks...
Pages:
Jump to: