Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTCTS (Pirate) considered to be in default? - page 2. (Read 3347 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Before I cast my vote, when was his payment due? Did anyone get paid back yet?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Nobody accepts bitcoin on the moon.
Seems clear to me that he has defaulted and that's how I voted above.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
A more controversial question would be is the earth flat.  Uneducated opinions to the contrary the earth is not flat.

By any possible definition Pirate has defaulted.

Yeah, why does the default question keep coming up?  There's just no question that he's in default.  The question is whether he will pay anything at all back at this point.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
A more controversial question would be "Is the earth flat?".  Uneducated opinions to the contrary the earth is not flat.

Likewise, uneducated opinions to the contrary Pirate has defaulted.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
"In finance, default occurs when a debtor has not met his or her legal obligations according to the debt contract, e.g. has not made a scheduled payment, or has violated a loan covenant (condition) of the debt contract."

Without a doubt.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I've posted it here to know the opinion of our community. Everyone is able to change the vote at any time as the situation progresses and more info becomes available. Do it, please, to keep the opinion up to date.

PS: For those who is uncertain what "default" means - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_(finance).
Pages:
Jump to: