Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Buy and Hold Really the Best Strategy in Crypto? - page 7. (Read 3436 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 198
Buying and hold is not the main basis for us to say that we could earn well in the future.
Always, remember that before buying coins in any of the exchange sites platforms, make sure to yourself
that you know the coins you are choosing it so that in the end you won't regret it.

we have a lot of crypto currency in the market already those buy and hold strategy will not really work right now. You can still do that but only in top crypto currency not all crypto is good to buy and more of them will turn to be scam so you should be very careful choosing what crypto currency to hold.

My suggestion is better to do the day trading than holding. there are many videos tutorial that you can watch and read  to learn in technical  analysis.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
It's not the best strategy but it works for investors, not every holders or investors have the time to follow the price or allocate time in day trading, but once they got the coins they have the option to HODL it long time or shift to day trading if they decided that they want to do day trading, as long as the market is promising the options are open.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
Buying and hold is not the main basis for us to say that we could earn well in the future.
Always, remember that before buying coins in any of the exchange sites platforms, make sure to yourself
that you know the coins you are choosing it so that in the end you won't regret it.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
The power of trading comes from compound interest, even if you were only able to earn roughly 10% per month if you can do this regularly then at the end of a few years you will multiply your coins many times over and that is where trading shows its power over holding your coins.

During that time frame a person that just holds his coins could earn fiat but the number of coins that he's holding will remain flat and will not increase but with trading you have the option of the number of coins that you are holding to grow significantly during that same amount of time which will obviously multiply your profits in fiat as well but as we know trading is very hard and only a few can earn money with the activity which makes holding such a good option for the rest of the investors in this market.
Every strategy will depend on the person, There are people who aren't good at trading so the most efficient choice is just to hold their tokens and wait for the token value to rise. On the other hand, If a certain person has the skills that can accumulate profit in trading the person would certainly do trading for him to earn much more profit. Trading can give you more profit because you are working for it, Doing some analyzation while holding is just letting your token sit on your wallet and you are just checking the asset price regularly. If we are talking about the time I think the person who daily trades will get profit more than the holder because the profit of it is just pilling up and using it to deliver more profit in the trader's portfolio.

Both trading and holding are profitable if you do it right it's just trading is where you can earn more but put a lot of work on it and holding is earning less but gaining profit slow and small.
This is what I think as well, people always wonder what it is the best option between trading and investing not realizing the best strategy is something completely dependent on the person, skills and personality, investing is easier, most of your work will be done at the beginning stages when you are deciding if it is a good idea to invest in a project and once you do the only thing you need to do is to hold your coins.

In contrast trading requires a massive amount of knowledge to be applied at all times with surgical precision, it is way more demanding but it can be entertaining as well if you like the action of the markets, however this also means it is harder but it can bring even greater profits.
It does really have that pros and cons between the two and as said this will surely vary on someones capacity and knowledge and at least we do have options to take.If we cant just handle out market volatility
or doesnt like to engage with moving prices then holding would be your best option but as expected, profits would really be lesser compared to those people who do engage with daily trading.
It sounds easy but really hard to be done thats why majority do choses up to hold instead but sooner or later they might be switching up depending if they do already gain that sufficient knowledge needed.
Holding is one of the strategies though but it does really have some several cons or disadvantages.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
The power of trading comes from compound interest, even if you were only able to earn roughly 10% per month if you can do this regularly then at the end of a few years you will multiply your coins many times over and that is where trading shows its power over holding your coins.

During that time frame a person that just holds his coins could earn fiat but the number of coins that he's holding will remain flat and will not increase but with trading you have the option of the number of coins that you are holding to grow significantly during that same amount of time which will obviously multiply your profits in fiat as well but as we know trading is very hard and only a few can earn money with the activity which makes holding such a good option for the rest of the investors in this market.
Every strategy will depend on the person, There are people who aren't good at trading so the most efficient choice is just to hold their tokens and wait for the token value to rise. On the other hand, If a certain person has the skills that can accumulate profit in trading the person would certainly do trading for him to earn much more profit. Trading can give you more profit because you are working for it, Doing some analyzation while holding is just letting your token sit on your wallet and you are just checking the asset price regularly. If we are talking about the time I think the person who daily trades will get profit more than the holder because the profit of it is just pilling up and using it to deliver more profit in the trader's portfolio.

Both trading and holding are profitable if you do it right it's just trading is where you can earn more but put a lot of work on it and holding is earning less but gaining profit slow and small.
This is what I think as well, people always wonder what it is the best option between trading and investing not realizing the best strategy is something completely dependent on the person, skills and personality, investing is easier, most of your work will be done at the beginning stages when you are deciding if it is a good idea to invest in a project and once you do the only thing you need to do is to hold your coins.

In contrast trading requires a massive amount of knowledge to be applied at all times with surgical precision, it is way more demanding but it can be entertaining as well if you like the action of the markets, however this also means it is harder but it can bring even greater profits.
Activity: 868
Merit: 15
To avoid risk in every job, you have to work carefully the crypto market is not stable and the number of scammers is much higher here. Crypto market risks are higher than other sites in order to trade in crypto one has to study the exchange sites and be careful as well as know the basic knowledge. It is not possible to learn trading techniques without adequate knowledge.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Buy and hodl is much applicable to cryptocurrencies trading and might not work in forex trading and other trading where according to statistic almost 95% lose their money whereas crypto trading had become a safe haven or better alternative even for inexperienced or newbie trader to make profit by just following the simple rule of buying low and selling high although this also requires some little knowledge however its much more better than the other trading that requires vast knowledge in Technical and Fundamental analysis and the trader must be well groomed by a mentor in other to be profitable in a long run.
Activity: 15
Merit: 15
Since trading is important in trading when to buy and when to sell are very important especially when you prepare yourself to conduct a trade. Not just trading between buying and selling trading in cryptocurrency means concluding all sorts of reviews. Because you can be a loser if you try to do something wrong on one side so you have to be careful.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
Buy and hold might not work for crypto as in crypto is much much more volatile than our stock or Fiat market is. I've been new to stock market and invested in some stocks and from what I've observed, the longer you stay invested, the more profit you will be able to make on stocks. But for crypto, the added volatility makes it much more complex.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
This is best strategy when you hold something legit and good project. In this case I can only trust btc and eth. If you holding anything else then it's a big risk. In btc and eth also have risk like eth is came from 480 to 380 which is bad for traders and bad impact on market.

You could diversify that holdings more if you can.

Bitcoin and Ethereum is not just the best project in the market. I know that you just trust that two but if you really wanted to give yourself a high possiblity of earning more, you could try investing on other coins as well. Another thing is that not all drops are that bad, the price is been at its green for a while and this really happens in this market. If you ask me, this is the best time to reinvest.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
If you don't know what you are doing and are too lazy to invest time and effort, than hodl is by far the best that outperforms others in the long term (talking about bitcoin here). I've learned my lesson few years ago and realised that I'm not cut for the trading game, so now I just hodl what I have.

With that being said, there are people out there that invested a lot of time ( and lost money during learning process), educated themselves and are making nice living out of trading, but those are far rarer than you might think. So for an average Joe, hodl is the way to go go.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
It's really a cool strategy for long term holders. I think it is profitable, warren buffet is the father of buy and hold and for me, it is still applicable until now. If you invest in BTC 5 years ago. Then you will be a millionaire already.
Activity: 293
Merit: 105
Love is all
This is best strategy when you hold something legit and good project. In this case I can only trust btc and eth. If you holding anything else then it's a big risk. In btc and eth also have risk like eth is came from 480 to 380 which is bad for traders and bad impact on market.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

I believe that everything depends primarily on the skills and experience of a person, since not everyone will be able to make a permanent profit from trading and therefore chooses, at best, investments for a certain period. I am very much afraid of losses from trade transactions and therefore I most often buy and store coins until the next price hike.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
There are veterans of trading and they will tell you that the amount of profit you can make from regular day trading is not even remotely close to what you can make from just buying and holding. Don't get me wrong the fact that buying and holding is profitable is true, people could make money that way and I would say it is quite the investment if you really want to do it, and nobody could argue that people wouldn't be able to make a profit.

However just because one thing is profitable doesn't mean that other one is not making profit, sure a newbie doing day trading will end up losing and someone who insists on not learning and just doing it how they want to will end up losing as well, but someone who really knows what they are doing will make ten times more than the person who buys and holds.

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
There are veterans of trading and they will tell you that the amount of profit you can make from regular day trading is not even remotely close to what you can make from just buying and holding. Don't get me wrong the fact that buying and holding is profitable is true, people could make money that way and I would say it is quite the investment if you really want to do it, and nobody could argue that people wouldn't be able to make a profit.

However just because one thing is profitable doesn't mean that other one is not making profit, sure a newbie doing day trading will end up losing and someone who insists on not learning and just doing it how they want to will end up losing as well, but someone who really knows what they are doing will make ten times more than the person who buys and holds.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
Truly right to buy and keep it, buy on bottom and release it while its high on top, for me it is work on major coin like BTC and ETH, and not working properly on alts because alts is not predictable.
This strategy buy hold and release is safer than you play on futures trading, you can still have it on spot trading even the price goes down to bottom, but if you are on futures, you will loose all of yours when you are wrong to put your move.
For expert, futures may be the solution to daily income from trading, but its not working for me, im not expert, im still learning.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 323
Buy and hold is great when the market is a dump, but it is not a good strategy in volatile markets. In some cases in low volatility markets this strategy has minimal risk and is a good thing to do, such as the top market. For me, every condition in the crypto market has its own strategy, I mean here that one strategy is not suitable for use in many conditions. I appreciate every thread that is done based on research.
So true. For smart traders volatile markets is good option to gain some quick profit. Others gotta buy it, and not look at it for over a year or more. So, someone going to be for profit, the other is going to be HOLD until Moon or Bust. However, I respect both perspective.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
Buy and hold is great when the market is a dump, but it is not a good strategy in volatile markets. In some cases in low volatility markets this strategy has minimal risk and is a good thing to do, such as the top market. For me, every condition in the crypto market has its own strategy, I mean here that one strategy is not suitable for use in many conditions. I appreciate every thread that is done based on research.
Pages:
Jump to: