Pages:
Author

Topic: Is crypto as a financial investment doomed? - page 2. (Read 2288 times)

legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
There are some promising crypto projects out there! Some cryptos will come out and be successful. No one knows for sure and some may be doomed to fail. So the crypto world is full of risk.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Is crypto as a financial investment doomed?

I hope so. I want to use Bitcoin as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
January 20, 2015, 10:08:00 AM
I can't think of a better long-long term investment. What other technology has the foundations to disrupt as much as the blockchain? get real.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 20, 2015, 09:55:54 AM
Wait you are telling us, crypto as a whole is failing and that includes bitcoin but on the other hand, tells us to create a completely new crypto to own one. So which one is right?
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2015, 02:25:18 AM
You think big companies will release it as an open source free technology?
I think the answer to that also answers your main question.

I really couldn't care less about this super revolutionary bitcoin replacement that will change the world forever and advance civilization 20 years if it's controlled by one party.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
January 20, 2015, 01:41:06 AM
And far as investing in a currency is concerned, I answered a similar question here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-economy-indian-bhai-log-kindly-scrutinize-my-opinion-923906

Its a lengthy response so only read if you got time.
tl;dr?

If one doesnt have the time to read, one should get involved in investing money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
January 19, 2015, 10:04:24 PM
I am really concerned with the future of crypto now. Even more than when I wrote cryptofiat (which itself becomes more plausible) or my analysis of Gartner on crypto).
The future of any crypto (except maybe Monero because of its target audience and NXT because of its considerable advance in building an ecosystem and even that, not sure).

Reason: http://www.coindesk.com/ibm-reveals-proof-concept-blockchain-powered-internet-things/

Overstock does not use XCP but clone it. IBM doesn't use XBT or ETH but clone them. That's the power of open-source.

Winners: implementors. Loser: crypto owners
This has nothing to do with bear market or bull market.

Solution: focus on your expertise on cryptos and sell it to employers and customers. Do consulting. Don't rely on your stash. It is probably doomed, whichever coin you have. Remember the dotcom bubble. Use your expertise to work on crypto once the present bubble has stopped deflating.

Financial investment may be doomed, but the expertise investment is only beginning.

Opinions?

I agree with your sentiments
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
January 19, 2015, 09:48:48 PM
And far as investing in a currency is concerned, I answered a similar question here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-economy-indian-bhai-log-kindly-scrutinize-my-opinion-923906

tl;dr?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
January 18, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
I am really concerned with the future of crypto now. Even more than when I wrote cryptofiat (which itself becomes more plausible) or my analysis of Gartner on crypto).
The future of any crypto (except maybe Monero because of its target audience and NXT because of its considerable advance in building an ecosystem and even that, not sure).

Reason: http://www.coindesk.com/ibm-reveals-proof-concept-blockchain-powered-internet-things/

Overstock does not use XCP but clone it. IBM doesn't use XBT or ETH but clone them. That's the power of open-source.

Solution: focus on your expertise on cryptos and sell it to employers and customers. Do consulting. Don't rely on your stash. It is probably doomed, whichever coin you have. Remember the dotcom bubble. Use your expertise to work on crypto once the present bubble has stopped deflating.

Financial investment may be doomed, but the expertise investment is only beginning.

Opinions?

I HATE the idea of multiple crypto currencies. Makes no sense to me. People do invest their time in it for short term benefits, in the long run alternate cryptos are dud.

However some alt-cryptos are proving to be the 'next' step in evolution of crypto currency instead of being a mere copy of Bitcoin, and recognizing and investing in such projects are always a good idea but full of risks.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
January 18, 2015, 02:34:10 PM
There's no need for more than one cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin won that race.
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
January 18, 2015, 11:55:49 AM

Opinions?
Pages:
Jump to: