Pages:
Author

Topic: Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK? - page 13. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
Becouse this is old accounts without any post or activity. Maybe someone create accout and forget about it? Why he should get red trust ?
I have problem with it, and it is abusing for me.

Do you really believe someone made 20+ accounts all on the same day, left me negative feedback on each one, did nothing else with the accounts, then just forgot about them?

Is that what you want us to think?

If you really believe this, start a new thread in scam accusations and call me out!  I'm not above the community!

Nothing to do with this poll.   Undecided

Please add me to that thread. I got negative feedback from those as well.

PS. Thanks Vod for marking those. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself...
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Becouse this is old accounts without any post or activity. Maybe someone create accout and forget about it? Why he should get red trust ?

Do you really believe someone made 20+ accounts all on the same day, left me negative feedback on each one, did nothing else with the accounts, then just forgot about them?

Is that what you want us to think?

If you really believe this, start a new thread in scam accusations and call me out!  I'm not above the community!

Nothing to do with this poll.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Totally believable. Someone created multiple accounts, left negative feedback for multiple members and forgot about them. LOL.

Were those your alts / shills or are you just pissed you're also marked red?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
https://Ecua.Mobi

No, those are accounts that were created by the user symantec with the only purpose of leaving trust spam. Open the profile of a few of those accounts (1, 2, 3, ...) and check the received and sent feedback. Probably the only problem with his feedback on those accounts is it's not descriptive enough.
Anyway you shouldn't discuss this on this thread. If you have problems with him either PM him or if that fails open a thread on Meta (if you didn't already).
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
I only want to say couple word about vod.
How you can talk about other guys? You abusing trust system, and u think u are god?
Quick dont scam nobody but this is what he is doing is not ok, but he is still better guy then VOD.
He should get ban... He give red trust without any reason fuck him .

That looks like he negatively rated a bunch of 0-post alts which were doing nothing but abusing the trust system.

Why would you have a problem with that?
Activity: 124
I only want to say couple word about vod.
How you can talk about other guys? You abusing trust system, and u think u are god?
Quick dont scam nobody but this is what he is doing is not ok, but he is still better guy then VOD.
He should get ban... He give red trust without any reason fuck him .
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

forum doesnt even ban scammers...

but scammers shouldnt be on defaulttrust level 1
thats why i think everybody who thinks escrowing for himself is ok shouldnt be on defaulttrust.

That's why I said it's WRONG and also unethical to do so. Escrows here are defining their own set of rules and what service needs to be used for the betterment of members and make them feel safe, the service is now looking shady itself. Hope other escrows learn from this and stop doing it.

Edit: I don't find a reason to have escrows on the DT list as they tend to leave a rating for those members who they have escrowed for.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Doesn't even fit the definition of escrow.

If you don't trust someone enough to trade without an escrow, don't trust them with an escrow either, and don't send first.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
It's not against the rules but it's definitely WRONG to do it no matter what's the reason behind it. If an escrow does it, he definitely is not trustworthy and nobody should trust him either.

which rules?
dictionary says third party? do we need a special dictionary for bitcointalk to redefine words?

I'm talking about this forum rules. It can't earn any member a ban if they escrow for themselves.

forum doesnt even ban scammers...

but scammers shouldnt be on defaulttrust level 1
thats why i think everybody who thinks escrowing for himself is ok shouldnt be on defaulttrust.
legendary
It's not against the rules but it's definitely WRONG to do it no matter what's the reason behind it. If an escrow does it, he definitely is not trustworthy and nobody should trust him either.

which rules?
dictionary says third party? do we need a special dictionary for bitcointalk to redefine words?

I'm talking about this forum rules. It can't earn any member a ban if they escrow for themselves.
Activity: 420
Escrow means a third party. And escrowing for himself doesn't make it a third party. This statement is enough to give you an answer.

which rules?
legendary
Good job, people. We got the "No" votes to 100. Smiley

as long as defaulttrust contains members who think escrowing for himself its ok its kinda meaningless :/
Activity: 176
Good job, people. We got the "No" votes to 100. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I voted for "No". It's is not correct act as escrow using (your) secret alt, because as you said "An escrow should be a neutral third party".
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
Code:
THIS POLL WILL RUN FOR 7 DAYS
YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE AT ANY TIME
Is voting here with known (or secret) alts ok? Wink
I was one of the first people to consistently push for the use of escrow, even before default trust existed.

I view escrow as a trusted third party that can act as a mediator should the buyer and seller disagree. It also prevents the seller from running off the coins, or the buyer stealing intellectual property without paying for it.

An escrow can either be free, ask for tips, or charge a flat or sliding scale.  

If the person you are trading with is also the escrow, you have no protection from intentional fraud or accidental issues.

What do you think?

YES - Earn what you can, however you can.  Doesn't matter if a service is being purchased and not provided.
NO - An escrow should be a neutral third party.  The fee paid is considered like an insurance premium for protection

I know you made up your mind and I hope you are aware that the question is loaded.

IMHO an escrow should be a 3rd party, no matter what. Everything else should not be considered escrow. As BadBear said regarding moderation one should not moderate issues regarding oneself no matter how competent one is. Same goes for escrow, no matter the trustworthyness of your main account if you want to make a deal with another account get someone else to escrow. There are plenty people offering escrow and it should not be too difficult to find someone.

@QS if you agree with TF's argument that the proof provided by TSP regarding your alt is nil because of confirmation bias you should agree that an escrow that is not a 3rd party without any ties is also biased. The same can be true for someone very close, yes.

-snip-
True they should get ban... Tomatocage abusing trust system too.

No rules have been broken, there will be no ban. This is a DefaultTrust issue and should not involve the staff.

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Defo a no. you cannot escrow your own trades otherwise it is not escrow.

Can you imagine localbitcoins where the buyer gets to decide when to hit the release coins button  Roll Eyes

There seems to be a lot of worming around the key issues by a certain individual who has recently been caught out.

Key points :

1) Escrow must be an impartial third party.
2) If 1 person in the trade uses an alt to fake Escrow then it is dishonest and a scam even if nothing was stolen.
3) Getting additional payments by faking an escrow service is theft.  You are deceiving an individual into paying for a service they have not received (this point still counts even if you spurt bullshit about the overall price you received for the goods would still be the same etc. )
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
NO - An escrow should be a neutral third party.
Pages:
Jump to: