Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum a bubble? - page 35. (Read 27491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 25, 2017, 05:47:27 PM
people putting there money into tether until markets calm down smart move by them.

why risk tether? that's not smart especially if there's a giant crash and people try to turn it into real dollars in large amounts. there's real usd available in no shortage of exchanges.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
June 25, 2017, 05:45:04 PM
people putting there money into tether until markets calm down smart move by them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 25, 2017, 03:50:24 PM
i think its not, ETH is like a tunnel (gateway), other project use the tunnel.

That is right. It is most used ICO coin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
June 25, 2017, 06:47:26 AM
i think its not, ETH is like a tunnel (gateway), other project use the tunnel.
Activity: 14
June 25, 2017, 04:35:32 AM
if ETH crashed all that money needs to go somewhere

No it doesn't. It can disappear into nothing just as it was for the most part created out of nothing.
I think money is moving to bitcoin, just look at the chart of Bitcoin recently

But the price of the bitcoin is not rising at the moment.
IMO it will rise later when the market recover, only ETH won't
Activity: 224
Merit: 250
June 25, 2017, 04:28:06 AM

No it doesn't. It can disappear into nothing just as it was for the most part created out of nothing.

But the price of the bitcoin is not rising at the moment.
June 25, 2017, 03:52:22 AM

Activity: 252
June 25, 2017, 03:47:02 AM

Activity: 840
Merit: 254
June 25, 2017, 12:54:11 AM
For me, ethereum is in a bubble, but that doesn't mean that if the bubble pops, ETH would crash so much than it would disappear of our minds.

That's why I'm always thinking ETH could drop below 100~150$ this year. This wouldn't kill it, but this could let a chance for those who missed the train to come in.

Anyway to see these prices again, BTC has to crash a little bit too.
There are many things that could happen, if ETH crashed all that money needs to go somewhere, maybe it goes to fiat but maybe it goes to bitcoin, we cannot know that, but bitcoin could crash too if for some reason there is a split on the network.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
June 21, 2017, 12:56:59 AM
For me, ethereum is in a bubble, but that doesn't mean that if the bubble pops, ETH would crash so much than it would disappear of our minds.

That's why I'm always thinking ETH could drop below 100~150$ this year. This wouldn't kill it, but this could let a chance for those who missed the train to come in.

Anyway to see these prices again, BTC has to crash a little bit too.
June 20, 2017, 11:40:54 PM
Would it one helluva bubble if it were one but I don't think it is.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
June 20, 2017, 10:41:53 PM
Actually Ethereum itself is not a bubble but people have to buy ethereum to invest in icos. I think icos must accept 4-5 different currency at the same rate to avoid this absurdity.

I think most of the ICO are dubious. It is better not to invest in them.
Most ICOs are not only a waste of money but a waste of time too, many spend some time trying to figure out if the ICO is going to be successful and read the white paper but to be honest the only thing they are doing is gambling with their money. 

The entire crypto market is pure speculation, there's like no real use of anything we trade.
Merit: 254
June 20, 2017, 10:14:30 PM
Actually Ethereum itself is not a bubble but people have to buy ethereum to invest in icos. I think icos must accept 4-5 different currency at the same rate to avoid this absurdity.

Most ICOs are not only a waste of money but a waste of time too, many spend some time trying to figure out if the ICO is going to be successful and read the white paper but to be honest the only thing they are doing is gambling with their money. 
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
June 20, 2017, 05:04:38 PM
What price do you think ETH should be bought into now?  It's gone down 10% in the last week.

Activity: 15
June 20, 2017, 04:55:04 PM
Is it true that so far there is no limit to the number of coins that will exist? Where is the logic in this parameter?
If that is the case, inflation would drive the price down in the long run. To resolve something like that, a hard fork would be needed.

The price only gets driven down if inflation is greater than the sum of lost coins plus new investment.

There is a fixed creation rate. If I give you 1p a day for the rest of your life, you don't have an unlimited supply of money.
Activity: 4
June 20, 2017, 03:22:18 PM

That's how I feel as well.  Lots of hype and very little meat.
Activity: 546
June 20, 2017, 02:17:54 PM
Ethereum today is definitely propped up by the ICO. There will be a correction when tokens market collapse
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd
But Ethereum will still be worth going long because of the roadmap and other possibilities, ICO isnot the only game in town friend.
Merit: 252
June 20, 2017, 01:43:06 PM

That is right. It is better to hold the ETH directly.
Activity: 70
June 13, 2017, 12:20:23 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 255
June 13, 2017, 06:32:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: