Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum better than Bitcoin? Why or why not? - page 2. (Read 1303 times)

copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Is Ethereum better than Bitcoin? Why or why not?

Both of them has their own pros and cons but in my opinion Ethereum is better than Bitcoin because of its centralization and using smart contracts. Traders prefer to use ETH because of it's low price. 
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270

no its not, bitcoin will always be the number one above all, it is the pioneer of all coins, we can say that bitcoin is the father of all coins and they are only depends on bitcoin. bitcoin cannot be replaced by other coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 252
http://VKcams.com/
* btc is adopted by other people other than traders, a lot of shops merchants etc are using it as a currency.

http://spendbitcoins.com/places/c/meat-shops/

What do You call "a lot of shops"?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
* bitcoin is a cryptocurrency.
* ethereum is a platform designed for smart contracts (what you currently see as many ICOs) it is not a currency!

* btc is decentralized.
* eth is centralized.

* btc has been working for a long time, has been under constant attacks from hackers, government, banks, media, ... to either break its positive view in the world or hack bitcoin itself and destroy it. they have been unsuccessful for the past 8 years (as long as bitcoin existed)
* eth has been around much shorter and it has already been exploited once by DAO and other times in smaller scales. and everything in the media about eth is coming from their advertising team with the same script praising it with false information.

* btc had no premine, no ICO or anything crappy like that. anybody could mine any time they wanted and get the same reward from blocks starting from block 1 and many did in the early days.
* eth had a huge ICO which gave them control over 70% of the supply of this coin.

* btc has a reasonable amount of coins available and has a clear inflation rate and a clear and well planned maximum amount of coins available (currently 16+ million are mined and there will be 21 million by the end)
* eth has no cap, it is not clear when or if it will ever have any cap. for the time being they are happy about the growing fake market cap which is giving them a high rank. there is currently 91+ million coins available and there are new coins being created every day.

* btc is adopted by other people other than traders, a lot of shops merchants etc are using it as a currency.
* eth is not used by anything other than ICOs and traders.

these are things that i can think of so far. and the conclusion about which one is better is on you.
Activity: 490
Merit: 252
http://VKcams.com/
and the bitcoin also

It go down clearly in last 5 days.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
the amount of ethereum is larger than Bitcoin. The technology inside is better. Ethereum is based on the smart contract. You can build many things in the smart contract. Therefore, Ether is better
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
For me ethereum and bitcoin is good investment . Like ethereum the price before its veru low and if you see the price now its very high its like a bitcoin. This two coin is for longterm inveatment and if you want more money its better if you invest in ethereum and bitcoin . Ethereum is still continue increase andt the bitcoin also. And bitcoin price will become double after end of this year and the price of the ethereum become double. I can make profit because that coins.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: