Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum too tied to Vitalik Buterin? - page 2. (Read 208 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
Ever since Ethereum came into inception, Vitalik Buterin has been leading the way for the project's success. While I have nothing against this, sometimes I think it defeats the purpose of crypto in its entirety. There's a reason why Satoshi created Bitcoin in the first place without revealing his/her identity to the public. The fact that everybody knows who created Ethereum, could greatly put the project at risk in the future. For instance, if Vitalik dies or something bad happens to him, the price per Ethereum could plummet on the market. Everything Vitalik says has an impact (either directly or indirectly) on the project itself. With Bitcoin, that's not the case since no one knows who Satoshi was. His/her contribution led Bitcoin to take its own steps after he/she left the project. If Ethereum wants to become a truly decentralized cryptocurrency, the project needs to distance itself from the founder.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Ethereum is too tied to Vitalik Buterin? If not, please explain why. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley
Obviously as the founder of ethereum network he definitely has an influence on the overall project and even his interviews and tweets sometimes put clear effect on the market but still i think that ethereum is much more decentralized than most of other networks that are run like a private company or corporate enterprise and after implementation of eth 2.0 i think network will be moving towards more decentralization which would be great for ethereum over longterm.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
I agree with this statement. Tesla has the same stock situation. If Elon does something bad, then Tesla stocks fly down the mountain. It will be really interesting to see what happens to the top 2 coin after the “Face” incident of the coin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
maybe because Vitalik Buterin is the main designer of Ethereum and also one of the developers who succeeded in making ethereum as the second favorite altcoin after bitcoin, that's why the name Vitalik Buterin is always associated with ethereum.

but i think, if one day Vitalik dies or something bad happens to him, i think ethereum will continue.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
of course it is because there is nobody else to make any decisions and there is not much of a network to analyze those decisions as a proposal and decide whether they  wanted to accept them or not. that is what happens when the projects become centralized, only one person or one team makes all the decisions just like banking system!
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
Ever since Ethereum came into inception, Vitalik Buterin has been leading the way for the project's success. While I have nothing against this, sometimes I think it defeats the purpose of crypto in its entirety. There's a reason why Satoshi created Bitcoin in the first place without revealing his/her identity to the public. The fact that everybody knows who created Ethereum, could greatly put the project at risk in the future. For instance, if Vitalik dies or something bad happens to him, the price per Ethereum could plummet on the market. Everything Vitalik says has an impact (either directly or indirectly) on the project itself. With Bitcoin, that's not the case since no one knows who Satoshi was. His/her contribution led Bitcoin to take its own steps after he/she left the project. If Ethereum wants to become a truly decentralized cryptocurrency, the project needs to distance itself from the founder.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Ethereum is too tied to Vitalik Buterin? If not, please explain why. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

I think Vitalik Buterin despite being a co-founder of Ethereum blockchain, might not have much negative influence on the blockchain, I believe there are some other developers involved in the project which i think can handle the project in the event of the death of Vitalik. The Ethereum blockchain is purely a decentralized blockchain with smart contract applications and developers are ready to continue with the project to achieve its future positive goals

Unlike many other blockchain that has a close team and a showy founding member, Ethereum is a much more diverse project with a diverse community directly involved in it's development. Go to the official org site of Ethereum and they bring Vitalik just among some early contributors. He's not like so much of a limelight as Justin Tron and has a lesser involvement in decision making about the blockchain.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net

I think Vitalik Buterin despite being a co-founder of Ethereum blockchain, might not have much negative influence on the blockchain, I believe there are some other developers involved in the project which i think can handle the project in the event of the death of Vitalik. The Ethereum blockchain is purely a decentralized blockchain with smart contract applications and developers are ready to continue with the project to achieve its future positive goals
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

I think ethereum is the only blockchain network other than bitcoin that has developers working both independently and under a funded contract all around the world from various locations so i do not think that a project of such a scale can depend on a single person, no, never. Even when similar question was asked to Vitalik he clearly said that even i leave Eth tomorrow the project will continue. This just proves the solid decentralized roots of Ethereum as a project and that is the reason why market trusts ethereum the most as an alt.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Pages:
Jump to: