Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Etherscan owned by Ethereum? - page 3. (Read 373 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 25
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
July 06, 2018, 02:47:50 PM
This question was asked in a telegram group and non was able to answer it appropriately. So I decided to post it here for an answer in case anyone has idea. Is Etherscan owned by Ethereum
Etherscan is not owned by ethereum its a search engine that allows Ethereum blockchain users to look up, confirm and validate transactions that have taken place on the blockchain. Etherscan has been founded by Mathew tan along with 20 more cofounders.
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
July 06, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
No it is not owned by Ethereum. In fact nothing is "owned" by Ethereum. It's all open source. Tools like Etherscan, myetherwallet, Metamask have been developed by passionate developers who believe in ETH. Between, why do you ask this question?
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 06, 2018, 02:07:28 PM
Most likely Etherscan does not belong to Ethereum, as this information is not indicated anywhere. But maybe they actively cooperate and hide it very skillfully.
Though the information is not indicated anywhere that the team have something in common but the cordination between the two projects makes me assume that they are related.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 06:51:19 AM
Most likely Etherscan does not belong to Ethereum, as this information is not indicated anywhere. But maybe they actively cooperate and hide it very skillfully.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
July 06, 2018, 06:44:21 AM
This question was asked in a telegram group and non was able to answer it appropriately. So I decided to post it here for an answer in case anyone has idea. Is Etherscan owned by Ethereum

If you go to the About page of etherscan you'll see some names and photos.
Since Vitalik's name and image is not there, I'd assume that etherscan is not "owned by Ethereum" Foundation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 06, 2018, 06:37:39 AM
Pages:
Jump to: