Pages:
Author

Topic: Is everybody turned bear yet? - page 2. (Read 1749 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 10, 2014, 07:59:04 AM
I am. I completely do not see the use of Bitcoin anymore. To be honest: I got into Bitcoin just for speculation, nothing more. Bitcoin does not live among the population of the world and governments will not allow it. The right to issue currency has been a royal prerogative or has belonged to the government for many centuries, and they're not going to give that up easily. The only reason why western governments aren't really acting is because the Bitcoin userbase is still pretty slim. If it ever is to grow again, then western governments will just hammer Bitcoin down for good.

Then there's the issue of value. Bitcoin is NOT a safe haven for your money. The exchange rate in the next two months can be double or even triple that (up or down) of today. Why on earth would someone in his right mind step into Bitcoin then? Of course they won't, nor will the institutional investors that apparantly are 'stepping in right now'. Yea right, they've been stepping in for months already, yet I don't notice anything next to a long grind downwards.

I've switched all my Bitcoins to fiat, since the value in fiat is SOLID, at least in the short and mid term. I might buy some XRP though, since I believe that Ripple can give many of the advantages of Bitcoin, without getting in the way of governments too much. Also, it isn't infected with the Altcoin-Stigma, at least not more than partially.

this is bullish...

I beg your pardon?

You are talking bullsh*t and don't seem to understand bitcoin. Just another one trying to get rich from nowhere Smiley
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2014, 07:55:02 AM
Made me wonder. I think many, many people know about bitcoin. They just don't use it. And never will as 99.9% of the world is not interested in tech, money, economics, revolution, anti-bank, libertarian movement (and bitcoins sums all up). So we might be finished already with the bitcoin adoption.

Exactly! That's what I have been trying to explain the line drawing TA "experts" here. The western markets are saturated. People decide their stance on bitcoin quite quickly and they tend to hold this stance with radical belief. They either hate it or love it. Most of the western world knows about bitcoin and those who wanted in, are already in. And those that didn't want in, will never enter.
Only chance for BTC to pick up again is to spread at the markets in south- and central-America, that could create a bigger boom then China did. Bitcoin expansion just loves corruption, lawlessness and dumb money, so we need those countries with drug cartel problems, that would have most potential for BTC growth.

And don't blame the average Joe for not being interested in BTC. People aren't interested in BTC because they're stupid, but mainly because they're not into gambling. Because that's what BTC is, more of an gamble then an investment. There are too many unknown variables to call it an proper investment.
When average Joe doesn't want to gamble his mortgage or his kids college fund, then he is not stupid for staying clear. He is just playing it safe with earning money by doing good ol' fashioned work.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
April 10, 2014, 07:43:58 AM
Made me wonder. I think many, many people know about bitcoin. They just don't use it. And never will as 99.9% of the world is not interested in tech, money, economics, revolution, anti-bank, libertarian movement (and bitcoins sums all up). So we might be finished already with the bitcoin adoption.

I have friends who bought Bitcoin. They have no idea if Bitcoin is anti-bank or libertarian. But they know you can send bitcoins fast, cheap and more or less anonymous. And this determes whether people use Bitcoin or not. You don't have to be libertarian...

I am convinced that Bitcoin will gain in value over time. The question is how low it will go the next months to find a bottom. So many, really many people just wait. They wait to buy. Millions of dollar are waiting to get invested. But even if you are convinced it will rise in the future it could make sense to sell/wait in the short run...
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
April 10, 2014, 07:41:55 AM
I am. I completely do not see the use of Bitcoin anymore. To be honest: I got into Bitcoin just for speculation, nothing more. Bitcoin does not live among the population of the world and governments will not allow it. The right to issue currency has been a royal prerogative or has belonged to the government for many centuries, and they're not going to give that up easily. The only reason why western governments aren't really acting is because the Bitcoin userbase is still pretty slim. If it ever is to grow again, then western governments will just hammer Bitcoin down for good.

Then there's the issue of value. Bitcoin is NOT a safe haven for your money. The exchange rate in the next two months can be double or even triple that (up or down) of today. Why on earth would someone in his right mind step into Bitcoin then? Of course they won't, nor will the institutional investors that apparantly are 'stepping in right now'. Yea right, they've been stepping in for months already, yet I don't notice anything next to a long grind downwards.

I've switched all my Bitcoins to fiat, since the value in fiat is SOLID, at least in the short and mid term. I might buy some XRP though, since I believe that Ripple can give many of the advantages of Bitcoin, without getting in the way of governments too much.

this is bullish...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
April 10, 2014, 07:16:00 AM
Yep, sell all yours BTC and live the bitcoin community alone ... Tongue
Activity: 952
Merit: 502
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
April 10, 2014, 06:50:28 AM
Has been a while since I last saw a bullish prediction for the next months. Guess everybody is a bear now, ha?

Where are the people screaming that 450 is cheap and "to da moon"? Where are those 10,000 predictions and charts?

Fact is, I saw this masterpiece investigative series in my country (superbly filmed and documented) presenting Bitcoin. Major audience, Sunday 8pm.

HODL  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 10, 2014, 03:34:18 AM
Has been a while since I last saw a bullish prediction for the next months. Guess everybody is a bear now, ha?

Where are the people screaming that 450 is cheap and "to da moon"? Where are those 10,000 predictions and charts?

Fact is, I saw this masterpiece investigative series in my country (superbly filmed and documented) presenting Bitcoin. Major audience, Sunday 8pm.

Pages:
Jump to: