Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Getcryptotab.com a scam - page 2. (Read 555 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
March 08, 2018, 02:42:59 AM
Newbie here. I found this chrome extension circulating on Social Media Getcryptotab and many are using this to mine bitcoin. I already installed this extension and so far I already generate 0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone.

I wonder if any one here already withdraw from this website. Any reviews and feedback?

Take a look at their own recent payouts page: https://getcryptotab.com/en/journal/

All the payments are in the thousands of satoshi. If they are a legitimate service that is actually mining bitcoins with your computing power then it'll just mean that your computer is getting severely lagged and overheated for virtually no rewards.

Also, your electricity costs will pretty much not going to be covered.

You made a good decision to stop using it. There are no benefits whatsoever, especially as it could even be a hidden virus or not even pay you when you have just made enough for minimum withdrawal.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 11:35:23 PM
ok thanks for the info. will get rid of it.. Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
March 07, 2018, 11:34:02 PM
I never heard of that site. Not interested in mining extensions too. (DNS8 found the site malicious, as checked on virustotal)

0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone? Imagining your tone of saying that, you seem to be overwhelmed thinking that you earned big for a night. However, you just earned 16 satoshis, which is not worth the electricity and the risk imo. You could earn that in one faucet for just a minute.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
March 07, 2018, 11:30:10 PM
Legit or not, scam or not, it's not worth it. As a chrome extension, it's probably doing a lot more than "mining" bitcoin, it could be stealing personal information out of your browsing sessions. Get rid of it, and run a virus scan.

Quote from their site:
Become a part of a huge mining pool! The bigger the pool’s computing power is, the bigger blocks can be solved, the more money you can earn! Invite most active friends of yours, who will in turn invite their own friends and start making real money! Get more than 1 BTC per month!
Yeah.. no.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 06:54:48 PM
Newbie here. I found this chrome extension circulating on Social Media Getcryptotab and many are using this to mine bitcoin. I already installed this extension and so far I already generate 0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone.

I wonder if any one here already withdraw from this website. Any reviews and feedback?

Pages:
Jump to: