Author

Topic: Is Gulden a good investment? - page 163. (Read 250149 times)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
December 04, 2016, 06:48:47 AM
I wanted to ask the developers how this privacy is different from anonymous coins, but ann is locked

3. Accounts and Privacy

Gulden for Desktop now uses accounts which you can add to serve different purposes. We have 2 different account creation types.

* Normal Accounts
* Mobile Accounts – which enables the link feature between your desktop and mobile device.

The additional privacy comes in for both deposits and withdrawals.

* Gulden deposits:
Gulden for desktop wallets will use a different Gulden address each time you receive Gulden, this way the depositors will have no way of knowing who else is sending you Gulden to your wallet.
Note: A depositor can continue to use the address you gave them for multiple deposits.

* Gulden withdrawals:
With accounts you can separate your payments depending on it’s intended use without the recipients of your Gulden knowing what other transactions your doing from within your wallet.
eg. You can have 1 account for family transactions and another for business transactions.

Hi, what is being talked about here is just that the accounts are 'physically' separated from one another, and don't ever exchange funds without you willingly choosing to do so.

This is not the whole anonymous thing that the anonymous coins are trying to do, which is more about transactions on the block chain being 100% untraceable under any circumstance.
While I find some of that 'interesting' from an academic perspective - I don't personally believe it is something that the average person wants or needs, and think it is probably a hindrance to mainstream adoption in various ways. Gulden's goal remains on the mainstream so this is not something that is anywhere in our current plans.

If I have two accounts "Private" and "Work" and use the one only to deal with my work customers and the other to only deal with my private contacts then my work contacts can't snoop on what payments I've been doing using my private wallet - as there are no (or little) block chain links between them.
i.e. basic privacy expectations that regular day people might have, but up until now haven't had with a standard wallet. (Unless they use multiple wallets - or coin control but nobody is actually disciplined enough to do that right)

Hope the above makes sense to you.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
December 04, 2016, 04:13:00 AM
I wanted to ask the developers how this privacy is different from anonymous coins, but ann is locked

3. Accounts and Privacy

Gulden for Desktop now uses accounts which you can add to serve different purposes. We have 2 different account creation types.

* Normal Accounts
* Mobile Accounts – which enables the link feature between your desktop and mobile device.

The additional privacy comes in for both deposits and withdrawals.

* Gulden deposits:
Gulden for desktop wallets will use a different Gulden address each time you receive Gulden, this way the depositors will have no way of knowing who else is sending you Gulden to your wallet.
Note: A depositor can continue to use the address you gave them for multiple deposits.

* Gulden withdrawals:
With accounts you can separate your payments depending on it’s intended use without the recipients of your Gulden knowing what other transactions your doing from within your wallet.
eg. You can have 1 account for family transactions and another for business transactions.
Activity: 51
December 04, 2016, 04:08:15 AM
Official ann is locked but want to congratulate the gulden team for a job well done!

0.13 codebase 3 months after bitcoin is very fast, not even LTC has updated and LTC only doing the codebase update. Gulden is much better then LTC in every way from wallet design to fun features and innovation.
Activity: 34
December 04, 2016, 03:12:28 AM
This might be the largest update in crypto history. The devs said he will release the source code soon and this can be confirmed by others.

The most impressive part for me is not the crazy good ux in the offering or the Link feature which feels unreal when you use it but the time it took to do 1.6.0

I am also a investor in digibyte and with a fairly large development team have been working on the 0.12 and now 0.13 codebase for over 6 months.

1.6.0 with codebase 0.13 took 5 months to complete. This is what would have me worried if I was other coin devs.

This is why I invest in Dash and lately Gulden. I have started liquidating my positions in litecoin.
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
December 04, 2016, 02:42:17 AM
This might be the largest update in crypto history. The devs said he will release the source code soon and this can be confirmed by others.

The most impressive part for me is not the crazy good ux in the offering or the Link feature which feels unreal when you use it but the time it took to do 1.6.0

I am also a investor in digibyte and with a fairly large development team have been working on the 0.12 and now 0.13 codebase for over 6 months.

1.6.0 with codebase 0.13 took 5 months to complete. This is what would have me worried if I was other coin devs.

Activity: 458
December 04, 2016, 02:10:41 AM
This has been a long and tiring release process so I'm going to be taking a break for the next few days, and allowing time for normal users to upgrade before we put the code out to spread the update out a little bit.
Public github repo will only be released when I get back.

In the meantime there are both 64 bit and 32 bit binaries for linux which work great, so if you are in a rush to upgrade you should just be able to use those as well, it isn't really necessary to compile yourself unless you absolutely want too.

Quote from the gulden dev by the way off their thread so once again your bullshit assumptions are shown to be wrong, it is not closed source the guy is just taking a break. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Many people know how it works just nobody wants to tell you as it is far more entertaining to watch you make an idiot of yourself with assumptions repeatedly.

Do you know what open source means? It's closed source until the code has been released. So right now it's closed source, maybe at some unknown point in the future when Gulden dev is less tired it will become open source, but it's not now.

I think you would pretend not to be impressed in public no matter what they do because your not invested, become an investor and supporter, join the winning team or continue to downplay everything in the hope people reading your comments will not invest.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
December 04, 2016, 01:46:22 AM
This has been a long and tiring release process so I'm going to be taking a break for the next few days, and allowing time for normal users to upgrade before we put the code out to spread the update out a little bit.
Public github repo will only be released when I get back.

In the meantime there are both 64 bit and 32 bit binaries for linux which work great, so if you are in a rush to upgrade you should just be able to use those as well, it isn't really necessary to compile yourself unless you absolutely want too.

Quote from the gulden dev by the way off their thread so once again your bullshit assumptions are shown to be wrong, it is not closed source the guy is just taking a break. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Many people know how it works just nobody wants to tell you as it is far more entertaining to watch you make an idiot of yourself with assumptions repeatedly.

Do you know what open source means? It's closed source until the code has been released. So right now it's closed source, maybe at some unknown point in the future when Gulden dev is less tired it will become open source, but it's not now.
legendary
December 04, 2016, 01:34:56 AM
There's no average crypto user, imo, if someone owns any crypto they are some kind of geek. But whatever, you guys could have just said, "No one has any idea how it works because the software is not open source." Sorry to bug you. I'll leave you alone so you can get back to cheerleading now.
December 04, 2016, 01:24:48 AM
Is this closed source? Last GitHub commit was a month ago.

You must be a coin developer or associated with a coins development. You wouldn't be posting here if you don't want to buy Gulden but still worrying about the details.

I'm not a coin developer. I am loosely associated with Monero and Myriadcoin. I have made a couple crappy GUI frontends for Monero wallet and some GUI miner frontends for CPU mining - all in my github account under same nickname as here. I also run some bots and a faucet for Aeon, Monero, Myriad, and Groestlcoin. I hardly know c++ at all, I'm not in any way associated with actual development.

I was just curious about these amazing new features that people were trumpeting in this thread. I didn't really see anything novel, but then someone pointed out the linking feature, I thought it sounded interesting, and I was curious about how it actually worked. But, apparently no one here has any idea how it actually works, and apparently no one outside of Gulden dev team actually has any idea how it really works if it is in fact closed source.

It works like a charm, easy peasy to setup for your average user and that is all that counts. Why would a average user care about the code?
legendary
December 04, 2016, 12:57:43 AM

You must be a coin developer or associated with a coins development. You wouldn't be posting here if you don't want to buy Gulden but still worrying about the details.

I'm not a coin developer. I am loosely associated with Monero and Myriadcoin. I have made a couple crappy GUI frontends for Monero wallet and some GUI miner frontends for CPU mining - all in my github account under same nickname as here. I also run some bots and a faucet for Aeon, Monero, Myriad, and Groestlcoin. I hardly know c++ at all, I'm not in any way associated with actual development.

I was just curious about these amazing new features that people were trumpeting in this thread. I didn't really see anything novel, but then someone pointed out the linking feature, I thought it sounded interesting, and I was curious about how it actually worked. But, apparently no one here has any idea how it actually works, and apparently no one outside of Gulden dev team actually has any idea how it really works if it is in fact closed source.
Activity: 18
December 04, 2016, 12:33:09 AM

legendary
December 03, 2016, 07:09:24 PM
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 03, 2016, 06:31:33 PM
Lol you're such a pleasant guy, crypto_beast, I think I'll keep replying just to keep our conversation going. Maybe between insulting me and discussing my butt related health issues you can find the time to provide a link or description of how this feature actually works.

Try the wallet out and stop guessing. Smiley

I don't have or want any gulden. I don't want to compile the wallet. I was just asking for a description or link to description of how it works.

We should suggest this for Myriad devs to add. I have tried it out and its the most exciting feature I have tried in crypto.Multi Algo + this link feature would be good for Myriad.

You should do this. And make a post on Reddit. And when you do explain how it actually works Cheesy

The Myriad devs can figure it out.
legendary
December 03, 2016, 06:05:07 PM
Lol you're such a pleasant guy, crypto_beast, I think I'll keep replying just to keep our conversation going. Maybe between insulting me and discussing my butt related health issues you can find the time to provide a link or description of how this feature actually works.

I don't have or want any gulden. I don't want to compile the wallet. I was just asking for a description or link to description of how it works.

We should suggest this for Myriad devs to add. I have tried it out and its the most exciting feature I have tried in crypto.Multi Algo + this link feature would be good for Myriad.

You should do this. And make a post on Reddit. And when you do explain how it actually works Cheesy
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 03, 2016, 05:28:22 PM

December 03, 2016, 05:01:57 PM

Only the devs know, it really is pointless arguing about a feature in a location the developers don't actively communicate in. Besides I am sure they too busy to explain how the Link works to someone who is never going to buy Gulden. lol
legendary
December 03, 2016, 04:54:22 PM

December 03, 2016, 04:48:37 PM

December 03, 2016, 04:46:09 PM
Holy cheesus sorry for asking a couple questions. There's no info that I saw on that developer site about how it works. Thanks for kindly responding with information and links.

JWinterm, it is a decentralized link between PC and Mobile in the blockchain itself. You can look it up in the official Gulden topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gulden-1577392

Thanks gamersea. There's still not really info about the mechanics of how it works though? Do you just have to plug your phone into computer by USB and it shares certain private keys with the phone? Anyone tried it? I don't think I would say game changer, but that would be a neat feature.

And still you continue to embarrass yourself by being completely off the mark. Still completely misunderstanding the feature, showing off how absolutely impossible it would be for you to do what the Gulden devs have done correctly.
A USB stick LOL what a terrible idea, your cheap knock off idea of what Gulden has done, what a clown.

Yet you will still claim it isn't innovation when your tiny brain actually figures out how it works. "Oh thats simple you will claim" - so simple that instead you came up with idiotic ideas about USB sticks.

The sad part - this is just one of the many things they did in this release, all of which you are oblivious too because your head is too far up your rectum to just check it out for yourself.

The guy is trolling, has to be.
legendary
December 03, 2016, 04:46:01 PM
Jump to: