Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Gulden a good investment? - page 82. (Read 250149 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 504
October 19, 2017, 03:33:38 PM
Golden old Holland guldens may be good for investing. But not digital fork which have not nothing value and only title connect this coin with Holland, i think.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
October 19, 2017, 03:18:05 PM
Has gulden been removed off coinmarketcap? I can't see it in the top 100?

Gulden has been slam dunked onto page 2, not enough investment or Poloniex to stay in the top 100.
Gulden is a nice investment though they've been around long enough to let people know that they have the skills to stay active within the crypto community.

In the past many people will doing their investment in golds but now the world become very develop and there is a lot of sources came in the field for investment like bitcoin which give us more profit then gold very easily and other facilities.
Yes I agree with that point that many people used gold for investment or trading in the past because it was the best thing for investment at that time but as the world are developing and become very fast so new things like bitcoins and altcoin came in the market though people can get more profit with less time and easy method that’s why interest of people not down in gold as compare to coins.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 09:55:54 AM
Craig Customer and Mark Merchant don't care about the tech below the hood. All they care is that stuff just runs fine and that they don't loose money during the transaction. Compare it with cars, does the average driver care about which type of engine the car runs? Nope, they just care that it doesn't break down.
Interesting point. A crypto coin has to work, today. That's all that matters.

Most coins are far too slow to scale up for real world transaction rates, and Lightning is misunderstood hype.  But no one cares about that right now. Coins like BTC chug along ok and store value nicely, today.

Gulden 2.0 is supposed to be far more secure than Bitcoin. That makes me wonder about Bitcoin's known security flaws.  If/when one of these flaws is exploited, does that mean the price of BTC (and most altcoins) goes to nearly zero in a couple of days?   I guess the value crashes severely, and if Gulden 2.0 is deployed at that time, then NLG price changes would be very interesting to watch.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
October 19, 2017, 04:24:34 AM
Gulden will always play second fiddle to something. I can't see it replacing BTC, not even in the Netherlands, and when European regulation will be made I don't believe it will favor Gulden.

I would agree but PoW2 changes this, it gives Gulden secure 1 conf transactions and people can earn interest on their coins by being a witness. The telegram group is getting frustrated with the delay in PoW2 not because of how long it's taking but because they know what a huge moment it will be for Gulden.

The other concern is that some other coin comes up with the same idea as Gulden as the whitepaper has been out for awhile and Gulden will move to second fiddle.

The choice is simple, release PoW2 with some bugs but be first or release a bug free version but not be first. The SegSig decision could be bad if it's the reason the release is being delayed. SegSig is good for long term because it will keep the blockchain 58% smaller and allow ordinary people to participate longer as a node then compared to bitcoin and eth whos blockchains are already exceptionally large and out of reach from users with limited storage space.  

It is a good coin, it is originated in Holland also known as the Netherlands, gulden is now accepted over more places and many are yet to come, Dutch people love gulden because before the whole euro money gulden was the most trustfull and reliable fiat here in the Netherlands, back in the days you could buy a full cart of groceries with gulden, the euro however made it worse, it is more expensive and you can buy less stuff with it, I hope gulden is accepted in the whole country and brings a lot of memories back when all people loved gulden.
Activity: 146
Merit: 2
October 19, 2017, 04:21:26 AM
Gulden has another problem, it is falling fast in www.coinmarketcap.com ranks and by the time PoW2 is released will people still care?

Rank
112   Gulden
Activity: 64
October 19, 2017, 03:51:57 AM
Gulden will always play second fiddle to something. I can't see it replacing BTC, not even in the Netherlands, and when European regulation will be made I don't believe it will favor Gulden.

I would agree but PoW2 changes this, it gives Gulden secure 1 conf transactions and people can earn interest on their coins by being a witness. The telegram group is getting frustrated with the delay in PoW2 not because of how long it's taking but because they know what a huge moment it will be for Gulden.

The other concern is that some other coin comes up with the same idea as Gulden as the whitepaper has been out for awhile and Gulden will move to second fiddle.

The choice is simple, release PoW2 with some bugs but be first or release a bug free version but not be first. The SegSig decision could be bad if it's the reason the release is being delayed. SegSig is good for long term because it will keep the blockchain 58% smaller and allow ordinary people to participate longer as a node then compared to bitcoin and eth whos blockchains are already exceptionally large and out of reach from users with limited storage space.  
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 01:47:09 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 19, 2017, 01:16:12 AM
Well it depends on what succeeding means.. if Gulden gets accepted by more and more merchants every day i can only think of that we are on the road to somewhere.. Prices will follow when the time is right
Golden or money or coins all are the best for investment but it depend specially on the present rate of interest of people that in which thing people are taking more interest while also people think about which thing will give more profit either gold or coin or anything more. Then according to that they will take interest.
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
October 18, 2017, 11:28:43 AM
Next 2 days will be a good buy, traders will be on the sidelines with btc expecting 1 more rally before the Bitcoin Gold HF. Gulden price will remain around these levels until the trend is established.

that for all the alt coins. i was hoping that with the euro exchange the gulden would be more stable.

My opinion is that development gap has been far too large to keep a steady price, if they split PoW2 and SegSig into 2 releases it would of been better for the price but the devs said long term it was not a good way.

We have to wait until next year because of SegSig which sucks but use the chance to get cheap coins
Activity: 55
October 18, 2017, 11:16:34 AM
Next 2 days will be a good buy, traders will be on the sidelines with btc expecting 1 more rally before the Bitcoin Gold HF. Gulden price will remain around these levels until the trend is established.

that for all the alt coins. i was hoping that with the euro exchange the gulden would be more stable.
Activity: 156
October 18, 2017, 10:38:42 AM
Activity: 74
October 18, 2017, 07:37:09 AM
You should consider a job with Volkswagen. 😜. They also thought innovation is for retards, as long as you have a good marketing plan. We all know how that ended.

What's wrong about VW? About the diesel scandal? Did someone really care about that? (whether it is 0.01 or 0.02 grams) I honestly don't. Was just a corrupt game behind all this, probably cause some fat lobbyists didn't get paid. I still think it's the best price/quality car out there
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 07:05:45 AM
As far as I know, the Gulden crypto currency with respect to the crypto currency bitcoin behaves very much even on its own and has broken all its ties with it.
This is already an indicator that it is independent, and can set its demands in the world of economics. As I watched this currency, I made the following conclusions for myself. For example, when you earn a bitcoin then it is not so easy to get it out, you need to make a lot of knowledge in order to withdraw it, but the currency that you represent, seeks the initial conclusion, so as not to lean for help to the exchanges. And this fact appeals to me and I'm glad that there will be less commissions, thus no one will earn on me, except myself. Therefore, I recommend the Gulden currency.
Activity: 408
Merit: 117
October 18, 2017, 07:02:39 AM
You should consider a job with Volkswagen. 😜. They also thought innovation is for retards, as long as you have a good marketing plan. We all know how that ended.

In reallity it will be the sum of all parts which will help Gulden to mass adoption. Not just good development and an honest team, but also people seeing the advantages Gulden has. As a community we can help there, inform people, show people how things work.

Great journey ahead, have fun.
Activity: 102
October 18, 2017, 05:58:00 AM
You capslock dicks should understand the number 1 rule of currency. acceptance
doesn't matter if it does not work as well, or copies. As long as people accept it over others, that's the only thing that counts not logic

I have to be on this side too. Number 1 is acceptance. Number 2 is how good it works. And Number 2 can eventually affect Number 1 if people have to choose between good coin or better coin. But acceptance is so powerful that even if there is a competitor that is better, it has to be so much better to change acceptance of the old.

Copy or original is not important at all. I happily use a copy of anything if it works well or works even better. I will do the same for any alt.

They need to get their release out before ETH does metropolis or it's a pointless excersise.Dutch people will want to earn the interest from PoW2 but if ETH offers this first then Gulden will be done for.

SegSig I know is the reason there is major delays for the release, if the bitcoin devs could save 58% on each transaction they would of.

You want PoW2 then get the devs to drop SegSig and use SegWit and you will have PoW2 this year.

Craig Customer and Mark Merchant don't care about the tech below the hood. All they care is that stuff just runs fine and that they don't loose money during the transaction. Compare it with cars, does the average driver care about which type of engine the car runs? Nope, they just care that it doesn't break down.

This is why innovation is not needed. EFL has 1900 satoshi without much development under the hood. Gulden with all it's development is only 1700 satoshi. When Satoshi Nakamoto created bitcoin he created it the best way he thought a currency must run and this is with less new supply every 4 years. EFL adopted the halving strategy but at a much faster rate. Gulden should of stayed with halving and they would not need any fancy development to get value increase.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
October 18, 2017, 04:42:02 AM
doesn't matter if it does not work as well, or copies. As long as people accept it over others, that's the only thing that counts not logic

I have to be on this side too. Number 1 is acceptance. Number 2 is how good it works. And Number 2 can eventually affect Number 1 if people have to choose between good coin or better coin. But acceptance is so powerful that even if there is a competitor that is better, it has to be so much better to change acceptance of the old.

Copy or original is not important at all. I happily use a copy of anything if it works well or works even better. I will do the same for any alt.

They need to get their release out before ETH does metropolis or it's a pointless excersise.Dutch people will want to earn the interest from PoW2 but if ETH offers this first then Gulden will be done for.

SegSig I know is the reason there is major delays for the release, if the bitcoin devs could save 58% on each transaction they would of.

You want PoW2 then get the devs to drop SegSig and use SegWit and you will have PoW2 this year.

Activity: 72
October 18, 2017, 03:27:52 AM

Worried a $33 million marketcap coin is better then a $90 billion and $30 billion marketcap coins?

Activity: 468
Merit: 100
Experience the Future of DeFi
October 18, 2017, 02:16:12 AM
Gulden is good to invest. It features just any other cryptos will low tx fees. And I know some of online merchants and stores adopted Gulden as payment. If you know Subway, it said that it adopted to use Gulden coins.
Activity: 146
Merit: 2
October 18, 2017, 01:12:26 AM

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
October 18, 2017, 12:58:28 AM

Pages:
Jump to: