Pages:
Author

Topic: Is happiness so ephemeral? - page 3. (Read 639 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 01:57:02 PM
This video left me thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=247&v=e9dZQelULDk

Why we care so much about getting the things we want if in a blink of the eye we just desire something else? Is this the human nature or is this an impulse created by the world we are living now, exactly the same that happens with flying insects at night who keep going around our lightbulbs until they burn?

I don't want to sound dramatic though, just sharing something interesting.

As for me, it still depends on the source of happiness and how we deal with it. I believe that if it is our choice to be happy then happiness isn't ephemeral. It depends on how we look with the brighter side of life. I think that being positive has a big impact in our outlook in life. We we are appreciative about the things that we have then there are lots of ways to be happy.
Activity: 84
Merit: 8
April 19, 2018, 12:34:28 PM

Why we care so much about getting the things we want if in a blink of the eye we just desire something else? Is this the human nature or is this an impulse created by the world we are living now, exactly the same that happens with flying insects at night who keep going around our lightbulbs until they burn?

What are ephemeral things in life?
Life is a complex mixture of ephemeral and interminable things, and one needs to identify them clearly in order to have a happy life.

People : Very rare people exist in one’s life for long time, others are just temporary. For example, colleagues, travel buddies etc.

Orgasm : Indeed, this has the shortest life span. Though a human has more than enough chances.

Trust : One wrong move and it gets shattered forever!.
Crushes : Most crushes a person gets in his/her lifetime, are short lived. If it exceeds more than 4 months, it is love already.

Happiness : It is also an ephemeral entity, it can completely vanish with one wrong incident.

Sorrow/ Sadness : Similar to happiness, it is also short-lived. Be happy. Smiley

What is ephemeral and what’s not, just depends on our attitude towards life. If we are optimist, they the happiness will not end so soon and vice-versa.

Thank you.
Activity: 476
April 19, 2018, 09:42:48 AM
Like drug addicts we search for happiness that is never permanent. We search for it in the wrong places to the point that we actually hurt ourselves and others in the process. For example, a person will be happy with having a cellphone, then again we will crave for more so we turn to the newest phone, if that is not enough we turn to other things that make us happy. People have said that the key to happiness. Meditation, religion, family and self actualization among others. The fact of the matter is never find it in things that are temporary.
Activity: 54
Merit: 3
April 19, 2018, 08:58:25 AM
seek out novelty. Its the fuel of life
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
April 19, 2018, 04:11:47 AM
In essence happiness is ephemeral. Happines depends on external factors like situations that are happening in your life. People often get trapped in it since it feels so good. We try to emulate it only to find out that we need a bigger stimulus than the last time to ellicit the same response of happiness in us, like a drug. What we should try to posses is joy. Joy unlike happiness comes from within. It is there no matter what the situation is. It is deeper and more stronger than happiness that would be hard to take away.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2018, 04:02:53 AM

No its not ephemeral its consistent if we have God on ourself or should i say on our heart. Sometimes we forgot God because all the happiness we sometimes forgot to say thank you to God , and then after that if all the bad come we are mad at God , what im trying to say is God is the one reason why we are happy , happiness is consistent , we just need to value our happiness , remember that smile always its the best weapon you ever had.
Activity: 104
Merit: 28
April 18, 2018, 11:11:42 PM
" We don't laugh because we are happy- we're happy because we laugh."Willam James. Comedians are the highest angels. Beautiful songs and beautiful stories uplift us, and make us inspired and happy with beautiful circunstances. However, Comedians take everything, light or dark, and indeed sometimes very dark, and painful, or tragic, or maddeningly frustrating,  and with a twist of genius make us laugh unexpectedly. This kind of happiness is more than ephemeral. It is transformational. Thank you funny people.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 08:47:20 PM
It depends on your source of happiness. Most of the physical source of happiness is fleeting and changing. You may be happy with your phone right now but in the long run, you'll get tired of it and change it. But there are also happiness that are long-lasting. They cannot be touched but can be felt. Love is an example of it, and love has different forms too. And those little things that make you happy, that's one of them.
Activity: 294
April 18, 2018, 06:52:49 PM

Happines not ephemeral or in a short period of time. Happiness is achoice it depends on us on how long and what way we can be happy sometimes being happy start within ourselves. There's no time for being happy just let yourself feel it take away all the negative vibes and focus on the things that makes you happy.
Activity: 15
April 18, 2018, 06:02:20 PM
as anything on this planet, happiness is pretty much ephemeral,righ! I do agree with it and the videos you sent to the thread.
Activity: 83
March 26, 2018, 04:12:47 PM
Not everything is ephemeral.Only those things last for a short time which are not related to us.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
March 26, 2018, 11:03:24 AM
For me happiness is not ephemeral,because happiness is the emotion of been happy and is not for a short period of time it's everlasting..
Activity: 184
March 17, 2018, 05:22:30 AM

Well I'll firstly state man is dynamic and change is constant so also human wants are insatiable
Activity: 208
January 30, 2018, 05:49:10 PM
We, ourselves are the creator of our own experience. You cannot know yourself as happy unless you know of the experience of sadness.  If you were happy all the time, and were only surrounded by happiness, you would cease to even know what happiness really is.  But when its opposite shows up, and you experience that contrast, your experience of happiness becomes greater. Make the sensible choice to not give any more energy to the seemingly not-so-great stuff showing up in your world and focus on everything that is in alignment with happiness.
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
January 30, 2018, 01:34:41 PM
I recon happiness is pretty transient and is a series of moments for most people.

I get the feeling that with plenty of money, wealth, and opulence you can position yourself better in society, and use it to increase the frequency of these moments and have what i'll label protracted happiness.

It would appear many here on this forum are striving for this which only reinforces my hypothesis.
Activity: 198
January 30, 2018, 10:37:39 AM
Happiness is like that for us to appreciate more than just sadness. In my opinion, happiness is not temporary. This will only decrease due to the obstacles we experience in life. There are always but there are some things that make it difficult to get them. Sometimes it is within our reach but we can not hold on to it. Perhaps it is sadness begins and we think that is transitory but in reality there is always. Grin Cheesy Wink
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
January 30, 2018, 10:32:13 AM
What are shown in the video are ephemeral because they are temporary fixes and will never be a good substitute for true happiness. Which is more a state of mind than an ownership of something.

But still, in the grand scheme of things, even a full life of only happiness is still ephemeral. We are but a blink in time.

Sorry for causing you even more depression.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 02:25:51 AM
Happiness is a choice. You can't be happy if you always think of negative things. Sometimes happiness starts within yourself. If you let yourself be happy, then everything else will follow. Even the little things will make you happy. Try seeing everything with an open mind and another perspective.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 26, 2018, 01:54:21 AM
Ephemeral meaning lasting for a very short time. Happiness is like that for us to value it more than sadness. In my opinion, happiness is not ephemeral. It will only be lessen because of the obstacles that we experience in life. Its always there but there are things that makes it hard to get it. Sometimes its within our reach but we just can't hold on to it. Maybe that is were sadness starts and we think that its ephemeral but in reality its always there.
Activity: 126
January 26, 2018, 01:01:47 AM

Happiness is not ephemeral for me because happiness is not for short period of time happiness it's up to the people how to become happy
Pages:
Jump to: