Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Hardware wallet really secure enough? - page 7. (Read 692 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 10, 2020, 10:06:30 AM
So, how can we feel 100% safe in hardware wallet?

Hardware wallets are not the most secure option. They're the best mix between security and convenience. And as said, most problems they have are related to physical access to them, which should not happen.
I still believe that hardware wallets should be used for every day expenses and the "HODL" funds should stay somewhere completely offline.
Cold storage is not so difficult to use anymore for the ones with basic computer skills, but it's still underused.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
February 10, 2020, 09:56:25 AM
Recently I have seen the news that Trezor hardware wallet was hacked in 15 minutes! Was it true guys? Or I have misunderstood? I thought they have very strong security that can't be breach so easily! But look at what can be happened to Trezor within 15 minutes! So, how can we feel 100% safe in hardware wallet?

I read that as well. It's a 'flaw' in the hardware but hackers can't just accessed your funds without physically touching the wallet. The flaw can't be fixed on existing wallets and you'll have to wait for the new design if you want a safer one. There is a way to protect your funds even if hackers got a hold of your wallet though and that is to activate the BIP39 pass phrase.

Moral lesson here is put to your hardware wallet somewhere safe and not just leave it elsewhere.
Activity: 49
Merit: 11
February 10, 2020, 09:34:19 AM
Hi,
The absolute security can never be had but the hardware wallet offers high security.
To perform the trezor's exploit, the attacker needs physical access to it, knowledge and suitable tools.
Just properly protect your hardware wallet to avoid these problems.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
February 10, 2020, 09:12:46 AM
The securest to this day is the paper wallet in a fire save vault or engraved in steel plates like:
Cryptosteel
CRYPTOTAG
Blockplate
ColdTi
Billfodl
Crypto Key Stack
Crypto Keys
Cyphersafe
Steelwallet
Simbit
Quadrat Register
Cryptosteel Capsule
Activity: 448
Merit: 21
February 10, 2020, 09:06:05 AM
Recently I have seen the news that Trezor hardware wallet was hacked in 15 minutes! Was it true guys? Or I have misunderstood? I thought they have very strong security that can't be breach so easily! But look at what can be happened to Trezor within 15 minutes! So, how can we feel 100% safe in hardware wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: