Pages:
Author

Topic: Is having USDT the most efficient way to buy altcoins during dips? - page 2. (Read 303 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"
It is the same because you are always going to buy the same amount.
150 USD are the same as 0.01 BTC, and with that amount of money equally in btc or usdt, it is always going to be the same, you can buy the exact amount of altcoins that you want to.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
Yes i know most coins are exchanges like bittrex are not paired with USDT.  There are not that many coins paired with it.  Thus all the altcoins are paired with USDT.  So if you want to have money ready to buy a certain altcoin or altcoins and want to make sure you have money on hand at the moment, thus make sure you get btc and sell it for usdt on bittrex immediately right?  Thus once you do that, you have USDT in your bittrex account and when you want to buy an altcoin, immediately sell the usdt for btc... then sell the btc for altcoin correct? 

The thing is if you have btc in your bittrex account, well even if the altcoin drops in price and its the price you want to buy... btc could drop the same rate and thus you would get the same amount of altcoin if both drops at the same rate right?  Thus if you want to not have any btc fluctuations and only look at the altcoin prices, make sure you sell btc for usdt immediately and just keep usdt on bittrex so anything you are ready to buy altcoins, you do it?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Im asking about the best way to have money on hand to buy altcoins at dips.  Yes i know btc is the best bet.  But other coins can multiply much more than btc because btc is already high.

So i want to know those people who buy dips on altcoins, is what i described the best way to do this?
Most of the exchanges don't have USDT pairs to every coin (E.g: Poloniex).

What most people do is buy bitcoin, send them to the exchange and buy the coins. Simple as that.
Im asking about the best way to have money on hand to buy altcoins at dips.  Yes i know btc is the best bet.  But other coins can multiply much more than btc because btc is already high.

So i want to know those people who buy dips on altcoins, is what i described the best way to do this?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
But you must be a dumb to do not realize that, in the long term, ALL THE ALTCOINS are going to decrease indirectly because of bitcoin.

if you kept holding litecoin a few months ago when the price was 0.05 per LTC, now you could have more than $1000 (with the rates of $20k aprox per btc)

But if you sold those ltc right now, you were just going to have less than $300.

Maybe you bought those litecoins at $50 each, but the price in BTC was 0.05, there is the big difference. In fact you are going to buy at the same price, because usdt - btc have the same correlation at the time that you are going to buy.

Or do you just buy btc and then immediately buy the altcoin?  The big issue with this is if btc goes up and that altcoin goes up, well you are getting around same amount of the altcoin assuming they both increase the same.  The same can be said if its decreasing.
So everyone says but low and sell high.  So after all these coins including btc went down, lot of people would be buying btc and altcoins.  My question is mainly for buying altcoins.  First off, when you buy these altcoins during dips, are you buying it with another altcoin?  Such as another altcoin, sell it for btc and then buy the altcoin you want?

Or do you just buy btc and then immediately buy the altcoin?  The big issue with this is if btc goes up and that altcoin goes up, well you are getting around same amount of the altcoin assuming they both increase the same.  The same can be said if its decreasing.

Im assuming the best option would be get btc first... immediately sell it for usdt.  Then wait for prices to drop.  Once prices drop and you are ready to buy the altcoin, then you immediately buy btc with the usdt... then immediately buy the altcoin with usdt right?  I ask this because when i notice altcoins drop and i want to buy, the first thing i would do is withdraw btc from a site.  The issue with this though it would take either an hour or even a day or more depending on the site because they take a while pay you out in btc.  Then by the time i get the btc, well the altcoin might have increased too high of a price to buy already.  So is this the proper strategy to not only buy altcoin during dips but also btc?  Thus make sure you have usdt?  The other thing is if you are using coinbase or gdax, well make sure you had a usd balance on hand to get ready to buy btc, eth or litecoin during dips right?
Pages:
Jump to: