Pages:
Author

Topic: is it a bubble? - page 7. (Read 898 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 09:53:13 AM
"Bubble" means a mania or hype which eventually burst anytime more like a fraud. Just like a ponzi scheme that anytime could collapse.
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
January 24, 2018, 09:15:01 AM
No, why are you still asking this? It has already been replied 10's of times in here.

Just stop spreading that shit, it is not a bubble, and it will never be, and with "bubble" they mean that the price is only going up without any reason and that it will go down harder soon.
many people say that bitcoin bubble, honestly I still do not understand what is meant by the term bubble earlier?
until now I am still curious

20 k price was bubble. You see for how long time price is around 10 k . But is BTC in it's core bubble, or does it have real usage ? We will see.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 09:05:49 AM
Bubble in currency/capital market means sudden rise or sudden fall in price. How bitcoin is a bubble? Bitcoin`s price is rising continuously since last two or more years. It has increased its pace in the month of December last year but that was not new to bitcoin currency. Increase ans correction in price are the basic needs of any currency. After reaching $19000 price tag, profit booking started, which was expected by its investors. Many bitcoin opponents predicted bitcoin will crash and will vanish from market. Nothing like that happened, bitcoin price slipped upto $10000 mark and settled there. Now  once the correction mood is over it will start raising again.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 07:49:45 AM
For those who believe Bitcoin is an economic bubble, the main argument is a fall in prices. It should be understood that at some point the BTC price skyrocketed as the huge number of new users compares with the total number of those already involved at that time. Generally, price is a major indicator of the importance of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
January 24, 2018, 07:36:59 AM
This question has been already answered multiple times, many such questions are already answered by the community members. You should have done proper search to get the answer before creating new thread. There was no bubble at all, people are not fools to invest their hard earned money in any imagined asset.
Activity: 92
January 24, 2018, 07:28:28 AM
many people say that bitcoin bubble, honestly I still do not understand what is meant by the term bubble earlier?

To some extent, they are right, unless bitcoin was not inflated by speculation different. And now we see the opposite side, in which everything is not so cloudless and many participants have already lost their money. So here's the lottery.

I think many people lost their money because they buy bitcoin in high price, no one will know that the price of bitcoin will going down now, the best thing to do is keep hold. Don't sell your bitcoin if you don't get profit .
Activity: 136
January 24, 2018, 06:57:31 AM
Maybe the unwelcome attention that some governments pay to it shows that Bitcoin is the real thing, not a bubble.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
January 22, 2018, 03:12:45 AM

It means that the price/value of the asset is farly higher then it should have been, which means that the asset is overvalued.

It usually happens when a big hype happens on something and everybody runs to buy the asset, even though it doesn't really worth what people are willing to pay for it.
The big risk with bubbles that you may find yourself losing large percent of your investment once the bubble explodes.
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 03:12:26 AM

To some extent, they are right, unless bitcoin was not inflated by speculation different. And now we see the opposite side, in which everything is not so cloudless and many participants have already lost their money. So here's the lottery.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
January 22, 2018, 03:03:46 AM

Think of it realistically if you're having trouble grasping the concept of a bubble. When you blow a bubble, you're inflating it. If you inflate it too much it might pop, but while you're inflating it, it gets bigger and bigger. Similarly, Bitcoin can be considered a bubble. People blow into it by putting their money into it and investing even though they have no true security on their money. More and more people put money until at one point, someone with a lot of money in the bubble pulls out and the price drops down and the effect snowballs.

To call Bitcoin a bubble makes sense on some terms, but I think we saw a pretty big pop over the last week.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
January 22, 2018, 02:57:39 AM
It is not a bubble, and it will never be. There are a lot of threads in this forum regarding to the same question, and they all say exactly the same. It is not a bubble, and you need to understand that.

If you think that we are in a bubble. just sell all your bitcoins, no one cares about you.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 02:55:41 AM
In my own understanding about bitcoin as bubble, it could be something like a rapid increase with respect to its price market value and vise versa. What we are seeing now is that the price has not yet stabilize further maybe that is how it works. But the good side is that there is much greater opportunity with bitcoin.
Activity: 415
Merit: 103
"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"
January 21, 2018, 11:01:01 PM
If we try to analyse it from the math perspective. There are around 50-70 thrillions USD. And most people investing aroung ~2% in risky assets. 2% from 50-75 thrillions is around 1-1.5 thrillion. It's pretty rough but it's better than nothing.  Wink
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
January 21, 2018, 10:47:22 PM
It's a metaphor that bitcoin is like a bubble as its market cap and price is growing so big like a bubble that no one knows when it will going to burst/crash that causes its market cap and price to plunge down so deep.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 21, 2018, 09:56:12 PM
I did the searching for you https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bubble.asp

many people say that bitcoin bubble
Not that many, only those people who does have their personal interest to buy bitcoin at the deepest price. And those people are the investors and calling themselves financial experts that wants to buy bitcoin so it's their gimmick when they say it.
Activity: 532
January 21, 2018, 07:55:11 PM
what would happen when a bubble burst?. they compare bitcoin to bubble cause it is not stable and anytime it would burst like the bubble burst tragedy in the past. like the historic dot-com bubble when it burst/collapse many companies shutdown but few survive like e-bay.
bitcoin is strong and will survive  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
January 21, 2018, 07:06:05 PM

“It reminds me of the Tulip mania in Holland in the 1640s, and so the question is did that collapse? ...

He compares Bitcoin to the Tulip mania in Holland...

The only problem with this analogy is that there never was a real Tulip mania:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/there-never-was-real-tulip-fever-180964915/

Shiller is wrong about Bitcoin and wrong about the Tulip mania as well.
He is a clear example of a guy, who is really good at one thing, but is also
talking about stuff that he is completely clueless about.
I concede that this level of dedication to one field is probably necessary if you want
to be awarded a Nobel prize one day (though, the prize for economics
is not a real Nobel prize).

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
January 21, 2018, 06:42:20 PM
A "bubble" implies something is extremely overvalued in contrast to what fundamental metrics and statistics suggest it is worth.

The US real estate bubble occurred due to real estate being substantially overpriced in comparison to buying demand. There weren't enough buyers in the real estate market to maintain prices and so the massive price correction which occurred, and the lost of confidence in the market which followed it resulted in subprime mortgage derivatives taking a massive hit off their leveraged position.

I think bitcoin might be a bubble if its userbase weren't growing at a substantial rate. unlike the US real estate bubble (and other bubbles) bitcoin's fundamental metrics and stats look strong. The recent price decline could be described as representing normal bitcoin movement with the decline at the start of the new year.

The addition of crypto futures and paradigm shift towards a more speculative market could also be responsible.
Activity: 237
Merit: 43
January 21, 2018, 06:32:28 PM

There is a certain bubble no doubt, inflated prices in many alts, projects that make no sense, many people that buy not knowing anything just because someone told them....
Activity: 328
Merit: 252
January 21, 2018, 04:46:48 PM
Well, if you agree with their analysis. Being Nobel laureates doesn't t make them infallible. Even just the fact they claim it serves no socially useful purpose or that they do not offer anything of value can be seen as an example of the superficiality of their opinions on the matter.
Pages:
Jump to: