Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a forum bug? A copper member and stood at member rank wears avatar! - page 2. (Read 590 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 155
I've PMed theymos about this before. Either it went straight into his Spam folder or he simply ignored it.
Sorry if I am saying something arrogant.
You should not do that again, fella.

Reasons:
1. theymos actually read Meta, or even other serious boards.
He actually known what happened in the forum, in Meta, whichever serious issues, questions caught by theymos.
2. It is obviously that theymos's inbox is one of the most interesting place to spam PMs.
Consequently, I don't think theymos will read PMs from strange users, especially he don't known well in the forum.
3. If something seriously happened, global moderators, staffs will contact theymos for sure.
4. Sending theymos PMs like this might be risky for your account.
I am not sure how he will act with you PMs, and such PMs like yours, but I believe he do dislike them definitely.

TryNinja made more suitable contact, but I doubt that he will get answer.
I just PM'ed him. Let's see what he says about it.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
I've PMed theymos about this before. Either it went straight into his Spam folder or he simply ignored it.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
- Maybe the owner of the account was full member rank or above before and then while wearing avatar he accidentally deleted old post and lost his rank.
He doesn't have the merit.

- Another possible reason is that accounts created below the year 2014 can be worn avatar newbie to high rank.
"Date Registered: 18 September 2017"

Both are accounts from 2012. Seems pretty obvious that this is why they have avatars.

Only theymos can do it, but if theymos do it, the account is not be able to wear avatar.
As we all witnessed, theymos is not dumb, and I don't think he made such ridiculous mistake.
That's not how "merit deletion" works. 1) theymos usually don't undo merits; 2) when he does, it doesn't just vanish. It shows as "-X merit from (Bitcoin Forum)" in the user's merit history. And if he had an avatar before the "downgrade", he wouldn't lose it.

I just PM'ed him. Let's see what he says about it.
- Maybe the owner of the account was full member rank or above before and then while wearing avatar he accidentally deleted old post and lost his rank.

But since the account is not created below 2014 I think the account was demoted while wearing avatar.
The account can delete his posts, and got demotion but can not delete his merits, from 100 merits at least to 19 merits as we saw now.
Only theymos can do it, but if theymos do it, the account is not be able to wear avatar.
As we all witnessed, theymos is not dumb, and I don't think he made such ridiculous mistake.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 308
PM him asking how he did it.

There was a thread like this a few weeks ago where people were questioning why there was a few Newbies/Jr. Members registered this year wearing an avatar. AFAIK, no conclusive answer came from it.
That is @iasenko, he was created a thread like this a couple of weeks ago ([BUG?]Theymos, can you solve the mystery? newbies with 2 merits watering avatar?), like you said there is no conclusive answer from there. Everyone still didn't know the truth behind it, just speculate possibility how this mystery could be happened.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
My guess there are possible reasons why he can wear avatar while the account is below full member rank.

- Another possible reason is that accounts created below the year 2014 can be worn avatar newbie to high rank.

Sample accounts just found while typing.
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/jumbo-59078
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/btc-market-65587

Got the source from here A Member rank wearing avatar?

But since the account is not created below 2014 I think the account was demoted while wearing avatar.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Or may be he got demoted from full member to member but still can able to wear avatar.

No possibility for this,even if the user who was at full member deleted all his posts anf got demoted in his rank will never lose any merit so this is something strange happening here.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
I found a strange user, who wear avatar even the account is a Copper Member, but it has temporarily stood at Member rank.
The account has 19 merits in total, so far. 9 of them are earned-merits.
gunungkembar
BPIP
I want to wear avatar but I can't for now due to my rank.
Mat be it is  a bug or may be admin eligible this account to wear avatar. Who knows until the owner talks about it.
Or may be he got demoted from full member to member but still can able to wear avatar.

First, the account is not an old hacked account, so there is no privilege to wear avatar below Full Member rank.
Secondly, the account has not earned enough 100 merits to rank up to Full Member. But, wait! Even it was a Full Mmber, then deleted bunches of posts and activity count drop to below 100, 100 merits have not disappeared.
Thirdly, the most possible reason, is theymos deactivated merits of the account due to merit abusements like we saw with some cases. (I don't remember where I saw the, but you can find).
However, for some reasons, there is a bug that keep allowing the account to wear avatar, not disabled it.

You can give me a round of applause if your like my third assumption
Activity: 602
Merit: 327
Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1
I'm now getting too curious about it  Roll Eyes At first I thought that that account reached Full member before then he/she put an avatar and get de-ranked. But after looking at his/her profile, it seems impossible. Well, it's better to watch this topic for some answers.
I remembered I read it somewhere, and iasenko asked for answer repeatedly.
The account is obviously  not old hacked account.

There is an assumption that those ones are forum staffs.
Let's wait me a while, I will search it now.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
This is a bug indeed or just an early april's fool of theymos? jk lol.

The registered date is not like the other members who got an avatar, I'm referring to those early members who are still newbies wearing avatar.

There was a thread like this a few weeks ago where people were questioning why there was a few Newbies/Jr. Members registered this year wearing an avatar. AFAIK, no conclusive answer came from it.
Never thought there's something like this. Maybe theymos or any mod answer this.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
PM him asking how he did it.

Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
I found a strange user, who wear avatar even the account is a Copper Member, but it has temporarily stood at Member rank.
The account has 16 merits in total, so far. 6 of them are earned-merits.
gunungkembar
BPIP
I want to wear avatar but I can't for now due to my rank.
Pages:
Jump to: