Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 28. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
May 07, 2017, 08:22:28 AM
Sin it can only be for religious fanatics. For me, this is a great opportunity to have fun and win a good amount.
Gambling itself is not a sin however if you are doing bad things like stealing money to be able to play then that makes you a sinner. its actually the gambler who handle such situation, if you are playing for fun its good but if you become a bad person because of your addiction thats not right.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 07, 2017, 06:44:21 AM
For those who are Muslim, yes. Gambling is a sin. However, everything is up to himself, gamble or not.
You are right, but there is a lot of muslims who do gambling everydays. I am muslim and i do gambling for only fun, I don't consider it like a source of money, I don't play so much. but i didn't consider it like a sin too. I just play to please myself, no more.

And you are still proud of that? You must obey the rules in your religion. Even though you are just playing gambling just for fun, it is still gambling. And you are not the one who will judge if it is a sin or not, because only God knows that, and he says that Gambling is a sin and you could read it on the Bible, but it depends on you if you are going to obey or disobey it, you are the one who's making your own fate.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
May 06, 2017, 09:52:07 PM
Whether it is sin or not it depends on principle of your religion, but in a general sense if any work that can be harmful​ for human being that's called sin. If gambling causes harmful for mankind that should be avoided. You have many ways to earn and to get entertained​, it's also matter of addiction so it should be prohibited.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 06, 2017, 07:23:25 PM
For those who are Muslim, yes. Gambling is a sin. However, everything is up to himself, gamble or not.
You are right, but there is a lot of muslims who do gambling everydays. I am muslim and i do gambling for only fun, I don't consider it like a source of money, I don't play so much. but i didn't consider it like a sin too. I just play to please myself, no more.
Activity: 756
May 06, 2017, 06:44:08 PM
Yes it is according to Islam. Because if you win you are making your opponent so much unhappy and in case he might lose all his valuable things. Same goes for you if your opponent win. And there are more reasons I don't know them all. But at the end of the day its up to you whether you will gamble or not.

Indeed islam forbid gambling, for the Islamic view suffice to make sense. where gambling is a place that always gives a bad impact for those who do, and it all is absolutely true. So, if this is kept then it should be banned, because otherwise it will all end in a loss. And to be a gambler needs a lot of quite a long time and it also does not guarantee that all he had done to earn enough in the science of gambling will be successful.

Activity: 840
Merit: 502
May 06, 2017, 05:56:02 PM
Sin it can only be for religious fanatics. For me, this is a great opportunity to have fun and win a good amount.

More like great opportunity to lose your money and be pissed of about betting your money. I never found gambling fun at all. I doubt that most people do. Most people are just there hoping that they are going to go home with money. Tons of things can be done to have fun, maybe not earn money though. Gambling addicts are greedy. And being too greedy or too addicted to gambling will lead to you doing things that you're not supposed to like stealing money from your family just so you can gamble. This is a sin. Greed leads to committing sins.
although ever one in gambling  like to make money, but some people do not have any strategy or planing in gambling and therefore they are mostly losing money, while some people play gambling with a good strategy and planing so at least they can prevent themselves from losing money, i think it is totally depending on your and not and the way you are playing gambling.
Strategy is not only for winning but also for minimizing our loses, everyone must have a strategy in gambling to last in the game, without strategy will make you desperate and you might just be affected by your greed every time you lose. When you learn from your mistakes that is a big development of yours as a gambler, most of us keep doing the same mistake over again but matured people do adjust.
This is a nice point, while in normal circumstances it is impossible to win in gambling by having a clear strategy of what you are going to do then you can minimize your losses and in that way enjoy your gambling for longer than you would otherwise.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
May 06, 2017, 03:23:15 AM

More like great opportunity to lose your money and be pissed of about betting your money. I never found gambling fun at all. I doubt that most people do. Most people are just there hoping that they are going to go home with money. Tons of things can be done to have fun, maybe not earn money though. Gambling addicts are greedy. And being too greedy or too addicted to gambling will lead to you doing things that you're not supposed to like stealing money from your family just so you can gamble. This is a sin. Greed leads to committing sins.
although ever one in gambling  like to make money, but some people do not have any strategy or planing in gambling and therefore they are mostly losing money, while some people play gambling with a good strategy and planing so at least they can prevent themselves from losing money, i think it is totally depending on your and not and the way you are playing gambling.
Strategy is not only for winning but also for minimizing our loses, everyone must have a strategy in gambling to last in the game, without strategy will make you desperate and you might just be affected by your greed every time you lose. When you learn from your mistakes that is a big development of yours as a gambler, most of us keep doing the same mistake over again but matured people do adjust.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2017, 02:26:30 AM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
May 05, 2017, 04:34:12 PM
But the basics of happy life must be originating when we are believing in to something which will be having some extraordinary power. Your fun and good money may not be guaranteed all the times but those extraordinary power make a trap when you are in search of finding those. I'm not talking for religious beliefs but we need to think about why some religions are having gambling included under sin.

Nothing had happen in this world without reasons, and when we are aware of something we could make our life better than not knowing them and getting struggling for finding the root cause of it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
May 05, 2017, 03:53:47 PM
I was reading a bible and kept finding it from the ten commandments of God, but I don't see any proof that it is a sin. In my own vision and understanding you can't be sinned if you play gambling in an honest ways and only for fun, but if you're greedy and a cheater in the gambling games like in offline gaming; then you've committed unrighteous act. When there is a situation that you've borrow money just for your habitual gambling addiction, but you failed to return the money back and yet you loss the relationship from the person who got disappointed from you; I believed it leads you sinning because of anger between you and the other person.
The ten commandments are not the only rules on the bible there are many more, I’m not an expert but I think there are hundreds of rules about all aspects of life, I don’t know if it is a sin but I will be not surprised if it was not recommended because you know you are going to lose some money in the long run.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
May 05, 2017, 01:27:09 PM

I disagree with you. I know a lot of people, me included, who don't see gambling as a source of income but who enjoy the fun it brings. But you are right on the part that being greedy is a bad thing. But again gambling not necessarily leads to being greedy.

Yes. Just enjoy gambling and you will be surely not going to be in a lot of trouble. Specially getting addicted to it. It can't be a source of income because we will not experience a regular winning on gambling, unlike if you have a job that pays you regularly. Just enjoy the game and it you lose don't chase it because that's one way you are going to end up addicted to it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
May 05, 2017, 01:24:29 PM
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
May 05, 2017, 01:00:05 PM

I disagree with you. I know a lot of people, me included, who don't see gambling as a source of income but who enjoy the fun it brings. But you are right on the part that being greedy is a bad thing. But again gambling not necessarily leads to being greedy.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
May 05, 2017, 12:33:49 PM

Yes. that's why we should not be involving religion if we are discussing this kind of things specially in gambling. If you believe that gambling is against your religion then you are committing a sin. As for me, gambling is for fun purposes and you are enjoying your life. But getting religion involved is a different thing because you will feel guilty everything you gamble because it is against your religion.
copper member
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 05, 2017, 11:17:20 AM

Though it is a great opportunity but keep it in your mind that the chances of winning is very less so you will loose your bets and it is only fun when you win some money or you can say that it is a temporary fun. So for me it is not acceptable, gambling is highly risky so stay away if you want to save your bitcoins.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
May 05, 2017, 10:57:14 AM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
May 05, 2017, 08:04:07 AM
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
May 05, 2017, 07:22:09 AM
If youre a type of person who doesnt strong enough to face the consequences that have been experiencing then for sure you will end up on doing suicide.Gambling too much will surely create this things later if you arent aware it will slowly destroy your life thats why we should really be careful on engaging to it,never ever believe that gambling could really make you rich.Sin will come out if you do already made things go wrong.

I dont really think that gambling or even stress from gambling will let yourself to suicide. I mean that it doesnt really make any sense, I have been in a state where I lost everything however I dont feel like suicide. In fact that change me into the new type of person however it is still a sin because gamble is a sin
Yes gambling give stress to someone being addicted in gambling because everytime they play they want to win. So everytime they lose they have problem again where to get money so that they have again capital to gamble.

They give them selves these stress you are talking about. If they just play for fun then there is no way he's get stressed because he isn't winning. The problem with people playing for profits is that they really believe they can earn from gambling. If they lose and try to win it all back, that's the sin we should avoid.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
May 05, 2017, 05:53:01 AM
If youre a type of person who doesnt strong enough to face the consequences that have been experiencing then for sure you will end up on doing suicide.Gambling too much will surely create this things later if you arent aware it will slowly destroy your life thats why we should really be careful on engaging to it,never ever believe that gambling could really make you rich.Sin will come out if you do already made things go wrong.

I dont really think that gambling or even stress from gambling will let yourself to suicide. I mean that it doesnt really make any sense, I have been in a state where I lost everything however I dont feel like suicide. In fact that change me into the new type of person however it is still a sin because gamble is a sin
Yes gambling give stress to someone being addicted in gambling because everytime they play they want to win. So everytime they lose they have problem again where to get money so that they have again capital to gamble.
Activity: 658
May 05, 2017, 04:16:36 AM

How can you say that gambling is a sin ? For the people who gambles they not even care even it is a sin or not ,playing to have fun isn't a sin it helps your mind to go back into normal after a problems that you have done. I guess it depends how this gambling helps your life or not because if it does good there's no problem with it ,but if you do things that are wrong it will be a sin . Suicide is a wrong scenario it will not pay your debt or let your stress gone why? Because more people will suffer if you do that and if you know that suicide or killing yourself is a true sin.
Pages:
Jump to: