Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a total scam? The "5 Bitcoin Independence Day Raffle !" - page 2. (Read 2179 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
reminds me of that 10btc giveaway we had a few months ago.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I hate to be a wet blanket, but ".5 btc bode [email protected]" looks like a description (of the key file?) ending in an email address, which, obviously will end in .com ... many Windows computers may confuse this to be an old "MS DOS" COM executable file..
if you forward the message/file to me I will take a look.. I'm on a Mac so I'm not worried about your silly virii & trojans.. (although i will still be careful  Roll Eyes  )
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
After explaining my problem I was pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of ridicule I received from members in the chat room.
One guy who went by the name of "kjwallet" took his time and worked me through my problem, then was kind enough to scam me out of 30 bitcoins. After that event, I made a promise to myself that one day I would take back from the community in full.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
If I remember correctly there was a very similar scam/phishing ongoing with alleged btc-e codes not long ago.

I would not be surprised if the same scamming entity is behind this "giveaway".
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
this is the list of winners i got pmed:

riazg
princesshannah
Transisto
cp1
felix123
Obama
juronimo
albert speer
hurro
bachelor

Did everyone win a .com virus?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Haha, I'm also a winner, well I guess everybody won!

Phishing attempt:

Redeem code at mtqox .net   Cheesy
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
positive .. it's a scam .. received PM too
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Proof? Screenshot?

Seems a scam.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I believed a lot of guys posted on the "5 Bitcoin Independence Day Raffle !"
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2612378

I just received a PM this morning saying I win it. It says it's a private key. But I found out it is some MS-DOS program, which makes me cautious.

So does everyone received a PM like this? If you do please let me know.

I think the guy named 'legitnick' is a completely scam, so everyboy let's put a negative comment on his trust!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/legitnick-35697

Can anyone tell me what this little MS-DOS program (".5 btc bode [email protected]") is? Is a Trojans, virus or something? Does it put my wallet or private key in danger?

Pages:
Jump to: