Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it best to have a personal trading strategy? - page 12. (Read 2393 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 337
But, why will you create a strategy if you won't stick with it? That will be a waste of time but better if you can just use that time to seek for others strategy since you will still end this way later on. Once we have obtained some strategies it is also important to stick with for a long time even if there are times where it won't go well because it's also normal to have a bad time but as long as those losses are recoverable and you still end up with some profit then it is an example of working strategy.

I notice that many people are quickly jumping from one start to the other and they complain that every strategy that they try doesn't work. They didn't knew that the problem is them and not the strategy.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...
Having your own method is beneficial, but incorporating other people's concepts into your trading plans is never a good idea. Most of the time, I merely imitate other people's positions, but I always have the option to change course if I believe my position isn't the greatest. It's better to assess the market before using your approach or someone else's technique since, of course, you're not always in the black.
It is not about incorporating concepts but we use others' ideas to make our own and make them even better. In fact, I'd learn trading by watching online tutorials, I copy their method and strategies in trading. But I'd see that was an effective strategy to follow that is why I'd leveled it up and created my own. Maybe for some reason, we retain those ideas we've learned from others and I never find it wrong as long as it works well, and we are comfortable with it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Having your own method is beneficial, but incorporating other people's concepts into your trading plans is never a good idea. Most of the time, I merely imitate other people's positions, but I always have the option to change course if I believe my position isn't the greatest. It's better to assess the market before using your approach or someone else's technique since, of course, you're not always in the black.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Having a personal strategy to me isn't just the key but the ability to stick to it, is. I have been trading synthetic indices for over 6months and I feel it is better to have a working personal strategy and keeping to it, even at the days and times of loss.

I'm seeking to know if having a personal trading strategy has been able to enhance your trading profitablity and if you really keep to a particular strategy that worked for you even when it seems it's failing you later on and for how long do you stick to this strategy?
Trading using your own strategy is a must, many newbies try trading by using the strategy that they got from an influencer or another Internet website, however they do not verify if the strategy they are using actually works over the long term.

Not only that, as you stated once you have a winning strategy the most important thing is to stick to it, and this is way easier when you are using your own strategy which you created on your own and which you verified that it works.
Activity: 924
Merit: 518
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
Having a personal strategy to me isn't just the key but the ability to stick to it, is. I have been trading synthetic indices for over 6months and I feel it is better to have a working personal strategy and keeping to it, even at the days and times of loss.

I'm seeking to know if having a personal trading strategy has been able to enhance your trading profitablity and if you really keep to a particular strategy that worked for you even when it seems it's failing you later on and for how long do you stick to this strategy?
You know.some traders are having a good strategy in hand but they lack discipline lon how to use it effectively which is one of the reasons why many traders keep making the same mistakes over and over again without taking a look at what they are doing whether it really effective to their trading lifestyle.
If you have a good strategy then we just ha e to stick to it so that we can at least be a custome to it and sometimes greed can come in to scatter our prospect of being a trader. Let's keep our eyes on the right part when we trade and don't try to make all profit at once.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
It's either you copy-trade or have your own strategy depends on what strategy would give you most of the profit and it's not always like what they've said. You choose your own copy-trade or a combination of different strategy then you'll have a unique one strategy and I wouldn't say it's the best since it depends on what strategy you would use to maximize the profit. It's all about the profit in the end and choosing the best way to maximize it.

Newbies might not be aware of this but the best strategy is to discover it through yourself by studying different types of strategy used in trading.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
Oh yes, personal strategies are always best no matter what others would suggest. The thing is, abc strategy might be best for one person or the other but it may not work you or me as perfectly as it does for them. It’s very simple, their method of working, thinking, reasoning could be at another level while ours could be at another. With this said it’s always perfect to make your own strategies, build the logics and personal methods to trade in every day basis. Definitely it will be different than what you do or gain in the current method.
Nothing beats out on the strategy that you do solely invented or made on rather than on being relying into others analysis and strategy.Make yourself that stand alone
and independent so that you would able to handle yourself when it comes to various situations or conditions in the market.You cant really make yourself sustainable if you are just following
someone when it comes to tips and signals.We are all speculators on here and there's no way that you could really take advantage if you've decide to
follow someone.Better make your own and continue to enhance and improve yourself overtime.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
Oh yes, personal strategies are always best no matter what others would suggest. The thing is, abc strategy might be best for one person or the other but it may not work you or me as perfectly as it does for them. It’s very simple, their method of working, thinking, reasoning could be at another level while ours could be at another. With this said it’s always perfect to make your own strategies, build the logics and personal methods to trade in every day basis. Definitely it will be different than what you do or gain in the current method.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
It is precisely those who do not have a personal strategy in trading are those who enter the world of trading carelessly.
Having a personal strategy in trading will not guarantee consistent profits but it will allow us to learn every mistake made and be disciplined in trading so that it can reduce losses.
There are way too many people who do that, and that's the reason why there are more people losing money on trading than earning. There is a minority that is making all the money, and a majority who keeps on losing, and if someone leaves, another newbie takes their place and veterans take their money one by one.

If you know what trading is like, and if you have a working understanding of the trading indicators and charts, then you will know what to do and you will be able to make a profit. However, if you are a newbie and just trade stuff because you feel like it, or you read it somewhere on twitter, %99 chance you are going to lose all your money.
But I think newbies are prone to losses and that is because they really don't know what to do first. That is why it is not new for me to hear newbies got loss in trading but I see this as a sort of their improvement. And this will also help them to realize that trading is hard and risky if we don't have any idea about this and to follow someone is a little bit easier for them. Well, the idea is somewhat good for a beginner but never think of relying upon others forever as to make our own strategy is supposed to be the best thing to do.
Activity: 307
Merit: 42
Having your own strategies is good for some reason. The market won't be the same all the time. When you get into trading there needs to be some buying point and selling point. Only the trading strategy can define it. At time the strategies followed by other traders won't be effective with us, because his asset and ours vary. Even if the trade ends in a loss, it won't cause mind disturbance. If the same loss happens on following someone's strategy it'll hurt.
In fact, whatever our steps are with our beliefs and with personal analysis, even if we end up losing, the disappointment will not be as big as if we follow other people's analysis. it is from our own mistakes that we can learn how later we will not repeat the same mistakes, so that later we will find our own trading style and will be able to enjoy trading more

Not only that. No matter how good a trader you are. If you don't have your own strategy in trading then you can never be a successful trader. Because when you go to trade with your own strategy, you will understand if there is a mistake in your trading. And if there is a mistake, then by correcting it, you can become a successful trader. So it is better to have your own strategy in trading to become a successful trader.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
It is precisely those who do not have a personal strategy in trading are those who enter the world of trading carelessly.
Having a personal strategy in trading will not guarantee consistent profits but it will allow us to learn every mistake made and be disciplined in trading so that it can reduce losses.
There are way too many people who do that, and that's the reason why there are more people losing money on trading than earning. There is a minority that is making all the money, and a majority who keeps on losing, and if someone leaves, another newbie takes their place and veterans take their money one by one.

If you know what trading is like, and if you have a working understanding of the trading indicators and charts, then you will know what to do and you will be able to make a profit. However, if you are a newbie and just trade stuff because you feel like it, or you read it somewhere on twitter, %99 chance you are going to lose all your money.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
Having your own strategies is good for some reason. The market won't be the same all the time. When you get into trading there needs to be some buying point and selling point. Only the trading strategy can define it. At time the strategies followed by other traders won't be effective with us, because his asset and ours vary. Even if the trade ends in a loss, it won't cause mind disturbance. If the same loss happens on following someone's strategy it'll hurt.
In fact, whatever our steps are with our beliefs and with personal analysis, even if we end up losing, the disappointment will not be as big as if we follow other people's analysis. it is from our own mistakes that we can learn how later we will not repeat the same mistakes, so that later we will find our own trading style and will be able to enjoy trading more
Activity: 1736
Merit: 116

As you said we do have to have our own trading strategy, if we trade following someone else's strategy we will most likely fail. That's because
the conditions, targets and also the capital we use will be different from others, so it's not necessarily suitable for other people's strategies
if we use them. Even if our strategy is successful, it is not certain that if it is used by others it will work too. Usually traders are successful,
it's because they have their own trading strategy.

Then another important thing is that the situation and market trends are always changing, so we also have to regularly update the strategies
we use, to be more effective and can give us big profits. Because we can't use the same trading strategy in the long term. For us to be able
to find the right strategy and can provide big profits, we usually have to do trail and error. So don't be afraid if at first our strategy doesn't go well,
later we slowly fix the wrong things in our strategy and finally it becomes an effective strategy.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
Just sticking to one strategy is not a good idea since it can't be perfect so you have to try other methods or strategies to find the best one. What works for one trader may not work for you, so be careful copying other trader's strategies. Instead of a personal trading strategy, I wanna call it a unique feeling of what, when, and how it will gonna happen. It can be a trend, pattern, timing, leverage, etc. After a few years in the trading world, the trader becomes more skilled with personal trading strategy/feeling market and the 10000 screen time rule proves why traders are asked for this experience. Just get that experience and make awesome bonuses on trading firms in case of you don't have enough capital to invest for life.
Making our own strategy will certainly not work instantly and a reason why we have to do trial and error is that it takes time to develop in order to work it probably but along with that, we somehow spend a lot of money in order to get tested. Maybe it was not a problem if you really have enough money to spend doing this but if you don't have, following other strategies that had worked already seems ideal. For me, I'd rather make a choice of it rather than spend a lot of time and money making our own and also don't have any assurance that it will succeed.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 435
duelbits.com
There is no trading strategy that always wins and never loses. Be it any kind of trading strategy, you will definitely lose. But from here we can consider whether the strategy actually works for us or not, namely by considering the percentage of losses and successes of the trading strategy. If it feels like you experience defeat more often, then something is wrong and there must be an evaluation and change. But this, who knows is ourselves, a personal approach in trading strategy is indeed a bit difficult, especially we must be able to evaluate our own strategy and decide what went wrong and what to do next.
And this, everyone, will be different. As long as we are comfortable with the trading strategy and make more profit, it will not matter whether it is a personal trading strategy or something else.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Just sticking to one strategy is not a good idea since it can't be perfect so you have to try other methods or strategies to find the best one. What works for one trader may not work for you, so be careful copying other trader's strategies. Instead of a personal trading strategy, I wanna call it a unique feeling of what, when, and how it will gonna happen. It can be a trend, pattern, timing, leverage, etc. After a few years in the trading world, the trader becomes more skilled with personal trading strategy/feeling market and the 10000 screen time rule proves why traders are asked for this experience. Just get that experience and make awesome bonuses on trading firms in case of you don't have enough capital to invest for life. Btw, there are similar threads on forexfactory to read for making my arguments clear if you wish to read.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

It would be always that preferable rather than making yourself been following on others signals and analysis which you could really stand on your own without needing on someones help, but its not really that bad to
consider on looking on others analysis as well which you could really snip out some idea or ways which would be added up into yours.You should really be that versatile when it comes to trading strategies and analysis.
Its always been best that you arent really making yourself relying into other, make use of your own strategies which you do have gained from your real experience in the market.
This would really be involving lots of trial and error and keep yourself thriving on making good strategies on various situations or conditions.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 907
Having personal strategy and sticking to it is very important, in crypto trading, one of the first thing you should do is having a strategy that work's for you, everyone is having different strategy, for example your own strategy might not work for me, the strategy you use that favors you might not work for me, if I use it I might endup losing money. If you don't have strategy in Cryptocurrency then you won't stay long in crypto space, having personal strategy those not mean you won't lose money, you just have to stick to it and try to make adjustments when needed.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
If you do not have a trading strategy, how would you then make profit consistently? Every successful trader have strategies they are using. But you have to make sure that your strategies are working for you. If not working and see trading not easy, better to move to holding. But all successful traders have trading strategies which are helping them to make profit.
You won’t be a good and profitable trader eventually if you don’t have proven strategies to win and make sustainable profits. The reason why successful traders develop their own skills and strategies in trading so they can make consistent trading profits. However, if you have strategies and you think it’s not working anymore, then try another one which you think will become an asset to you.
Pages:
Jump to: