Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it good to penalize airdrop hunters? - page 3. (Read 939 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
December 28, 2021, 06:25:18 AM
For not doing anything in return? That's not true new projects needs to shill on social media that's where airdrops comes in handy, they ask airdrop hunters to follow their accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, even telegram and also retweet some posts and tag some friends along, for the fact that airdrops aren't worth much I believe it's not for free

Airdrops seem way more stretching their distance from being legit since some of them are just merely a show and the worse part is, they just wanted to get our details, especially our emails and other social media info. some of them will sell it to the black market so that they can send some of their malicious emails or scam offers. so it's better not to jump off the car when we see some airdrops or any other so-called paid promotions because most of them this year are fake. We need to use dummy email in order to protect ourselves from random emails and fake offers to avoid those scammers who won't take some rest once they got our personal emails.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
December 28, 2021, 05:45:17 AM
Do you think it's a good idea to penalize airdrop hunters? Will this do more harm or good to the adoption of crypto/Blockchain tech? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley

Why penalized for what reason? I think that's too harsh, and it's unacceptable airdrop hunters are not bad because they are only tried to grab an opportunity that they believe is potent, the one that should be penalized or punished is those projects team that have not paid their early supporters and bounty promoters like digital bits, Payaccept and many other because they are heartless people and they should be punished.   
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
December 28, 2021, 03:04:43 AM
They're basically "free money" for not doing anything in return.
Shilling the project into different social media platforms are the things that these airdrop hunters are doing so the phrase "not doing anything in return" is kinda wrong at least for me because they are doing something in order to get free money.

Some projects have been widely successful after an airdrop, while others have gone all the way down the drain. There's been a upsurge of airdrop hunters looking to "milk rewards" from the system, effectively dumping all of their coins/tokens on the market for profit. While most projects have been quite flexible in the eligibility for an airdrop, one project decided to take the stand by adopting measures to prevent abuse. Parachain Swap's airdrop has been quite controversial as it only rewarded a small portion of its users. The vast majority of the people weren't rewarded (especially airdrop hunters), resulting in a decline of the token's price.
This is happening for a long time already. There are some projects as well in the past that aren't paying these airdrop hunters. Well, I agree though that they are one of the reasons why the price of the token plummets as soon as it is being listed on an exchange. They, investors and the developers as well are the ones who are dumping the token just to get money.

Do you think it's a good idea to penalize airdrop hunters? Will this do more harm or good to the adoption of crypto/Blockchain tech? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
One question that comes out is how do airdrop hunters be penalized? In what circumstances will these hunters be penalized?
We know already that these airdrop hunters are just out there for the money. Do you know somebody who is joining in airdrops but he is holding it because he has trust in the project? I don't think there is somebody who is brave enough to do that. Airdrops are just a waste of time at least for me but we have different opinions when it comes to airdrops. I tried joining into it but got nothing. Just a waste of time.
Activity: 472
Merit: 56
December 27, 2021, 11:44:08 AM
What is the purpose of punishing airdrop bounty hunters for what?
there is no need to punish them in my opinion, because most airdrop hunters only get coins for their wallet collection, most of the tokens given from airdrop prizes have no market and no place to exchange them.
I don't see that as a real punishment, but the biggest problem is that most airdrops are not that valuable, so it's not that important to punish them, which I understand a lot of airdrops are not that valuable, in fact many airdrop hunters only keep the tokens that are given to the wallet, because there is no exchange where to sell, so why punish them, it is better for the airdrop program to be improved again, so that more people are happy to follow.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
December 24, 2021, 05:41:28 PM
do you know how much money they earn from joining airdrop? im the part of airdrop, but i quit few years ago after knowing hundred people or second account join on one project for free coin. attract people from this program is good, but there is a hole in every action.

of the many airdrop hunters will throw away their tokens after they receive it from the project, their goal is to discard them because there is no place to exchange coins generated from the airdrop. we have no right to punish those who seek free gifts from airdrops, I think they also do the job according to what was assigned to them, be it by doing a like share on their media.

and many of us will throw coin after receive payment from campaign. sometimes, people dont care with that coin as long as they gain the profit.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 24, 2021, 02:23:05 PM
What is the purpose of punishing airdrop bounty hunters for what?
there is no need to punish them in my opinion, because most airdrop hunters only get coins for their wallet collection, most of the tokens given from airdrop prizes have no market and no place to exchange them.
Activity: 815
Merit: 101
December 24, 2021, 02:10:49 PM
of the many airdrop hunters will throw away their tokens after they receive it from the project, their goal is to discard them because there is no place to exchange coins generated from the airdrop. we have no right to punish those who seek free gifts from airdrops, I think they also do the job according to what was assigned to them, be it by doing a like share on their media.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
December 24, 2021, 12:50:00 PM
I think most airdrop hunters only focus on finding new airdrops, they won't do an in-depth analysis so when they get paid they immediately exchange it to a coin they think is safe, such as BNB or USDT, and with a very small percentage of less than 1% I'm sure airdrop hunter will not be able to make a market dump.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 24, 2021, 12:27:59 PM
Lol..
How do they help to increase the value of the coin? most of the time the foolish airdrop hunters are the main cause of crash of the coin when it launches on exchange.
the only thing they can do for the project is to accelerate the coin listing time on a good exchange. For listing any coin on a good exchange they need to be traded regularly with a certain amount of volume, in this case, airdrop hunters can accelerate the volume by selling their coin. But, most of the time they sell at the lowest price and make a terrible condition over the market.

Airdrop hunters usually dump their coins/tokens on the market for profit. This will only cause a huge downside in price, effectively undermining the project's level of demand on the market. Of course, how negatively will this affect prices will greatly depend on the rewards given by developers themselves. If the reward is huge, then expect prices to go down the drain at a very fast pace. But if the reward is small, then there won't be much of a movement in prices at all.

I wouldn't advise developers to "penalize" airdrop hunters, as it would do more harm than good towards the adoption of the cryptocurrency project. Instead of excluding airdrop hunters from getting any rewards, developers should place flexible restrictions that would help keep their project afloat for a long time. Remember, airdrops are NOT necessary for any crypto project to succeed. They're just the "icing on the cake" to help attract the masses. As long as crypto works as intended, nothing else matters. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
December 23, 2021, 03:41:20 PM
It seems we don't have the right to punish airdrop hunters because in every airdrop there must be its own rules, such as making conditions not to commit fraud such as using multiple accounts and so on. Basically, hunters have also played an important role in the growth of cryptocurrencies because every airdrop hunter I believe they belong to a community where they have a role in increasing the value of cryptocurrencies.

Lol..
How do they help to increase the value of the coin? most of the time the foolish airdrop hunters are the main cause of crash of the coin when it launches on exchange.
the only thing they can do for the project is to accelerate the coin listing time on a good exchange. For listing any coin on a good exchange they need to be traded regularly with a certain amount of volume, in this case, airdrop hunters can accelerate the volume by selling their coin. But, most of the time they sell at the lowest price and make a terrible condition over the market.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 105
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
December 23, 2021, 03:23:43 PM
I think if a project promises people, then have the conscience to fulfill their promises, or at least you hint at airdrop, already entertain the hopes of the community, and then they get negative in your direction, because of unfulfilled promises, so you have what you have. You need to be responsible for your promises.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
December 23, 2021, 01:08:04 PM
I used to be very active in participating in airdrop events, but after receiving the airdrop token I was very disappointed because almost all the tokens I received were worthless (shitcoins). I don't think the airdrop promotion method is really effective and maybe now it's starting to be abandoned by developers and even hunters, so why penalize by in fact the hunters are aware of the fact that they are following a worthless campaign.
Well, the fact that they have received the best punishment at this point, it's the airdrop that has become more fussy about the tasks and adds quite a bit of confirmation so that the participants don't add too many accounts, most especially as you said, hunters who work hard for a few months can hardly get a worthy compensation from the airdrop, the project no longer has the one hundred percent listing rate as it used to be. There is no resentment towards them in this regard, but also gratitude due to their hard work advertising and marketing duties at times.
Activity: 700
Merit: 182
December 23, 2021, 05:37:05 AM
Who says it's free money? I don't think it's free money. As a bounty and airdrop hunter, I can say that we are working for him. We identify them in the market so that investors can know about them. That is our job now. Whether investors invest or not, it's not our job to know. If we watch Cake, Uni, Ens, Samo, Mola, and Woof Coin, they give us a huge amount of free money, where Samo gives us almost $300k as an airdrop. Can you imagine? But what does it matter if projects have the power to make their journey successful?
Remember, everyone is not rich or everyone has no money to invest in. There are thousands of people like me who earn money from airdrops and live their lives. This is a common misunderstanding.
I earn money from airdrops and bountys, but I didn't sell them instantly. I held them and after a certain time, I sold them and invested them in a new coin. That is how I built an investor portfolio of mine. What would you call me now? I am now an investor and airdro/bounty hunter too. Thank you. 
Activity: 472
Merit: 56
December 23, 2021, 04:55:09 AM
The average value of an Airdrop is around $30, but the figure varies wildly, as you will see below. Many airdrops offer additional tokens if you refer a friend. Airdrops are a low-cost way of spreading the word and building a community around a project. Airdrops can be hugely profitable.

I've seen projects offering airdrops worth more than $30 to its users. With huge rewards, airdrop hunters won't stop in doing their thing. I'd imagine if all airdrops required KYC or referrals, we wouldn't see abusers taking advantage of the system. Rewards should be given in small amounts at a slow and steady pace in order to avoid tokens from losing their value massively on the market. As long as developers take steps to avoid abuse from airdrop hunters, there should be nothing to worry about. Crypto's always been about utility, so airdrops are not necessary for any project to thrive. Just my thoughts Grin
Personally I rarely participate in airdrops projects, but my friends always offer to participate, they have also taken advantage of some airdrops, regarding KYC issues, I think wherever it is needed, both security issues and controllers that are easier for us to take care of, but all it really depends on each individual, if you ask me, then KYC is very much needed, even if this KYC is required, the chances of prizes being awarded at Airdrops will be even greater.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 10, 2021, 08:37:43 AM
The average value of an Airdrop is around $30, but the figure varies wildly, as you will see below. Many airdrops offer additional tokens if you refer a friend. Airdrops are a low-cost way of spreading the word and building a community around a project. Airdrops can be hugely profitable.

I've seen projects offering airdrops worth more than $30 to its users. With huge rewards, airdrop hunters won't stop in doing their thing. I'd imagine if all airdrops required KYC or referrals, we wouldn't see abusers taking advantage of the system. Rewards should be given in small amounts at a slow and steady pace in order to avoid tokens from losing their value massively on the market. As long as developers take steps to avoid abuse from airdrop hunters, there should be nothing to worry about. Crypto's always been about utility, so airdrops are not necessary for any project to thrive. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 896
Merit: 250
December 09, 2021, 07:33:18 PM
That's a huge problem to consider because these hunters aren't really showing consistency with their real status in cryptocurrency. Most of them were abusing the system and not really participating seriously with such promotions. Maybe there's an other ways of keeping an eye on them like legit verifications and other possible tracing methods to spot those who were not honest with airdrops. With respect to declining price of tokens, well we can't prevent that certain aspects unless the project itself could control the trading situation once price starts to go down so bad.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 09, 2021, 06:49:03 PM

Even we think that airdrops are just a source of major scamming incidents and these hunters are blindly participating and promoting them but to have them penalized, was too much and inhuman. And it finds not a way to solve this problem as these scammers will find a way to make it possible and succeed in their plan. Might be these hunters are tools to help spread their fake projects and got paid, well, that also for the investor's responsibility to have researched before investing, unless if they are also blind about it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
December 09, 2021, 06:44:52 PM
Regardless of the position of the project, when a project isn't sound and healthy with huge investors, believe me it will just die after the airdrop event. But if you can remember mid last year before we had pump, uniswap airdrop it governance tokens to users and should I say luckily, it was immediately lister on binance at $2, it dump at first but was later aggressively pump by usdt printers. This is the power of investors and venture capitalist and again, the team has to be transparent as possible.
I nce received an airdrop free value at $0.1 and was worth $30 after holding for months, so it also depends on the project airdrop
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
December 09, 2021, 06:34:47 PM
every project cannot be separated from the airdrop because it is an early promotion for a new project
Besides, sometimes the community allocation is not big, such as only a few investors, can bounty hunters kill projects?
there is no need for any punishment for the airdrops because they have helped the project themselves even though they come and go as they please
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
December 09, 2021, 06:31:21 PM
Airdrops are only profitable for a moment because not all Airdrops can be worth a lot or better, but if the path is clear that it is very easy to build a community and make news spread so quickly, but for profitable problems, it still really depends on the value too and the amount allocated.
^ I don't know if that is profitable because until now I did not find a good airdrop that I join and got profited a large amount, all of them are just wasting our time. It is useless even though you will accept airdrop, ok let say you have received $20 from airdrop and then you want to sell it into the market because it was listed, but your problem is the ethereum gas fee which is possible you will pay large amount than your balance.
Pages:
Jump to: