Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it helpful or harmful to the Bitcoin to offer products/services only in BTC? - page 4. (Read 3535 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I think it's best if you include both, but do advertise that you accept BTC and if it is possible offer people discounts if they purchase using BTC, this way you'll encourage people to use bitcoins and it might help in bitcoin adoption a little more for people who don't know of it might try to find out about it to avail some discounts.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I like this idea tho the spikes and falls of BTC against local fiat currencies, currently, does not allow for fixed pricing.

I wonder... if you put BTC price tags on everything and prohibited returns, but fixed the exchange rate at your store to somewhere above market like $1250 USD/BTC. So if people wanted to pay fiat for an item you price at BTC0.5 (that you bought wholesale for the equivalent of BTC0.25 at $240 USD/BTC), they'd have to pay $625 USD.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
I wonder... if you put BTC price tags on everything and prohibited returns, but fixed the exchange rate at your store to somewhere above market like $1250 USD/BTC. So if people wanted to pay fiat for an item you price at BTC0.5 (that you bought wholesale for the equivalent of BTC0.25 at $240 USD/BTC), they'd have to pay $625 USD.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I almost ready to open a small general store and I have been going back and forth with myself on rather its of more importance to make the store exclusively for Bitcoin, include the local currency as well as BTC, or if it makes a difference one way or other? Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

It is recommendable that you want to promote bitcoin by opening a bitcoin exclusive store. If you want to make money, you have to accept the most common payment methods. I think it may be better for bitcoin if you promote bitcoin awareness to your fiat customers.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
If you are thinking about opening a brick and mortar store you would be making a huge mistake not excepting fiat currency. I believe you could do quite well accepting only Bitcoin on a E-commerce site depending on the products you are offering but you will always do better offering the customer multiple ways to pay.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
You might attract enough devotees to keep you buoyant, at the same time you're going to turn off the vast majority of humanity right now. It might just equal out.

How will you be sourcing stock? Are there any suppliers who'll accept BTC?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
It is not harmful to bitcoin, on the contrary, the more stuff available to be bought with bitcoin the better, but it will be harmful to the seller restricting payment methods like that, specially only allowing what can be considered a barely adopted payment method.

If you want to sell online, and be successful, you need at least accept Paypal and credit cards, depending on where you're selling to, you may also want to take a look at the most used payment methods in that location.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I almost ready to open a small general store and I have been going back and forth with myself on rather its of more importance to make the store exclusively for Bitcoin, include the local currency as well as BTC, or if it makes a difference one way or other? Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: