Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it normal to build a crypto currency without ICO - page 5. (Read 569 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 102
You can airdrop coins to people and use some of them for bounty campaigns as well, if you don't need money I think it can be done without ico.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
It‘s not the common situation, as most projects make ICOs to get money fast, for development, for getting rich, for whatever reasons. You have to consider that you then have to pay the development at least partly out of your own pockets until your coins will have a value. But there are some projects which sre working with airdrops. One of the most famous is XEM (NEM), another one would be DeepOnion.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
From what i can see, seems like an ICO is a great way to get investment as you offer a "piece" of your coin to all who are interested in buying in, if the price goes up on the exchange then everyone's a winner.

That said there are still others who offer coins/tokens out to the community

Either or doing both are good options IMO
Activity: 273
Merit: 15
Its normal , many cryptocurrencies not launch a ICO , but they launch a airdrop like DeepOnion , PosToken (Correct me if i wrong) . But you need some backup fund or solid community. Good luck then and sorry for my bad english.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
This is a normal phenomenon.
There are a lot of tokens that didn't start at the beginning of the ICO, because there might be a legal problem, so they gei the tokens to the community, and you can find a lot of examples of airdrops in Bitcointalk forum.
Activity: 566
Yes, it is possible to do so. If you won't organize an ico then you will airdrop the token to the community mind you you will have to develop it urself.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 22
An ICO supports the development of your coin. If you have enough to support your developers (salaries, rent, coffee, ...etc.) then you have a choice of ICO and Airdrop. Keep in mind that your coin must have new features that attract investors. ICOs usually need to provide enough evidence that you will be standing by your coin. Get to speak with some investors to support your coin and when you announce your coin, make sure the mention the investors names because this will attract more smaller investors.

If you don't need investors support, you can go with an AirDrop, but your coin must be highly lucrative (future development, features and distinguished characteristics) to attract the public into joining your airdrop. If you want to create a coin for the fun of it, do it. But, keep in mind that there are many meme coins that are floating dead.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that

Sure,but how you gonna sell your tokens without ICO,no one will buy it when you directly listed it into exchanges.So you need to do ICO if you want to bring investors to your coins or your coins will become worthless without any demand.
Activity: 238
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
If not, how are you going to allocate tokens?
Average allocation to community members? Or allocate it to an airdrop? Tongue
Activity: 87
Merit: 13
Activity: 87
Merit: 13
Me and my team building a new Altcoin. The first Egyptian altcoin. So we didn't want to start it with an ICO. Is it normal to start a coin without an ico and if yes what is the effect of that
Pages:
Jump to: