Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to create such a wallet? - page 2. (Read 2725 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 19, 2016, 11:33:37 AM
Is it technically possible to create a desktop wallet where we can store all crypto including bitcoin and all existing and to be launched coin in one wallet? I know one can keep them in online exchanges but it is risky.

To be launched? If it doesn't have a blockchain, it cannot have a wallet.

Now, for the existing ones, it can be done, but it's quite some work and nobody will use it.
Just imagine how big is the blockchain for Bitcoin to load. Now, each coin has its own chain, which has to be downloaded. Each coin has its own daemon in a way or another which will have to stay in memory.
The result will be something big that needs a lot of resources and which nobody will fully use, since nobody cares of ALL cryptos. Even the small exchanges de-list the coins with low volumes to free resources...
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
August 19, 2016, 11:28:17 AM
Is it technically possible to create a desktop wallet where we can store all crypto including bitcoin and all existing and to be launched coin in one wallet? I know one can keep them in online exchanges but it is risky.

It is possible to do so, but AFAIK, no such wallet exists.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2016, 06:18:35 AM
Pages:
Jump to: