Pages:
Author

Topic: is it possible to hack a bitcoin address? - page 2. (Read 252 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 26
High fees = low BTC price
I am a developer and no fan of bitcoin after the rip off fees two months ago or the lightning network deception
that's being played out on unsuspecting individuals (Lambs to the slaughter you are) but I must say that the
bitcoin encryption is second to none and you cannot reverse engineer private keys.

Microsoft Windows is more than likely steeling all your keys so even if like me your using Windows you are well
advised to run a wallet from a pen-drive using Linux.

Bitcoin has many faults but encryption is not one of them.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes, possible to get a user's private keys if you force him/her to surrender it to you, do a phishing attempt to lure him/her, or trick him/her into giving it to you, otherwise it would just be a dire effort to crack a certain address' private key. On today's tech, it is near impossible to crack or brute-force a single address' private key, and it would require the power of millions (or even billions) of powerful computers just to get inside one.
Private keys is what gets into a wallet but a wallet could also be compromised if there was a keylogger You should have the right software to not get that on your computer.
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
Hello ! I would like to know if it is possible to hack a bitcoin address and to have his private key?

Yes it is possible if you are going to access some phising sites and enter your personal informations and private keys. This will not haopen if you will observe all the sites you are entering and if you are securing your personal information to a safe place. Another thing is don't trust anyone with your private information. It is better to secure these things than to be fooled.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Having your transaction linked to both an email and a cell phone number sounds great right? Well, that’s where the issue lies. Hackers understand that the human element is the most vulnerable, so they use snooping tactics to find out the cell phone number that is associated with a Bitcoin exchange account. Once an attacker has your cell phone number, they can pose as you to the cell service provider to get your number ported over to a device they control. They are now free to login to your Bitcoin account and change the password, denying you access to your account and giving them the chance to transfer your funds into their own wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Yes, possible to get a user's private keys if you force him/her to surrender it to you, do a phishing attempt to lure him/her, or trick him/her into giving it to you, otherwise it would just be a dire effort to crack a certain address' private key. On today's tech, it is near impossible to crack or brute-force a single address' private key, and it would require the power of millions (or even billions) of powerful computers just to get inside one.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hello ! I would like to know if it is possible to hack a bitcoin address and to have his private key?
Pages:
Jump to: