Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to know if two+ btc addresses belong to the same wallet? - page 2. (Read 559 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
And there's also a growing number of analysis tools and services that could provide particular data which saves time and effort. I think the most used right now is walletexplorer.com which does address grouping.
Activity: 190
Merit: 15
As said the title;
Is it possible to know if two or more addresses are related to one wallet? and if from transactions i can figure possible connection (same wallet) between addresses.

I post this here because i think it's a beginner question, no?

Yes, it is possible. The most simple example I can think of is this. Suppose you have 1 BTC and you send 0.6 BTC to your friend. In this case, you have a change of 0.4 BTC that goes to your change address, the other 0.6 BTC goes to your friend. Now you have 2 addressess: the first one with 0 BTC and the second one with 0.4 BTC that anyone knows are belong to the same person.

There is another example. Suppose you have many addressess with small amounts of BTC in your wallet. Let's say you have 10 addresses with 0.1 BTC each. But you need to send  0.91 BTC to your friend. In this case all your 0.1 amounts are gathered in 1 transaction and sent to your freind's address. Everyone will see that you used 10 addresses to complete that transaction. You will also receive 0.09 BTC to your change address which will also be seen in the blockchain. Now everyone will know that those 11 addresses belong to the same person.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
If two addresses both sign a transaction then, with near certainty, both addresses are controlled by the same entity. The addresses may be deposit addresses to a business so a customer that provides the address to send bitcoin to may not control both addresses.

There are some instances in which two people/entities will sign one transaction but they are currently rare.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1364
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
As said the title;
Is it possible to know if two or more addresses are related to one wallet? and if from transactions i can figure possible connection (same wallet) between addresses.

I post this here because i think it's a beginner question, no?
Pages:
Jump to: