Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to run Bitcoin on Google App Engine? / alternatives? - page 2. (Read 5045 times)

Activity: 530
Merit: 100
https://www.pax-coin.io/
Can anyone please move this topic to the Development section?
This question is cross-posted on bitcoin.stackexchange, stackoverflow and bitcointalks.

I'm planning to build an application on Google App Engine that will heavily make use of Bitcoin trading. I've been Googling along a little but I couldn't find whether it is possible to run Bitcoin itself on App Engine (with Java). I have some experience with App Engine, but limited to a pure web-app centered usage.
I've read about a few people that have made applications using Bitcoin with App Engine as well that are hosting Bitcoin separately on an Amazon EC2 instance.

So, does anyone here either has experience with running Bitcoin in App Engine for Java or would anyone have an idea how this could possibly be done?
I know there are a lot of Bitcoin applications out there, I'd like to know how these manage their Bitcoin traffic.

I'm trying to avoid needing a separate Amazon service running all the time next to App Engine.

In fact, receiving Bitcoin can easily be done by using passive APIs like blockexplorer or blockchain, so I'm considering to find a reliable API to handle my outgoing payments. But this approach causes extreme dependency on this API service, which I actually want to avoid as much as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: