Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to use unused BTC adressess from dynamic wallet as a new? - page 2. (Read 254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
I have several wallets. These are dynamic. BTC address is renewed every time I receive/send token with them.
Is it possible to use one of the previously generated empty addressees to receive token once more in future?
How to avoid messing up with old/new addresses in any wallet that generates them each login?
You can reuse any old address as long as your wallet generates it, but for privacy reasons it is better not to reuse the address. How to restrict new addresses depends on your wallet. Mention the name of the wallet to get how to restrict the new addresses that you generate.
By the word login, do you mean logging into your account or opening the wallet file? In Bitcoin wallets, words such as login or token are not used.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Leo -
I read few articles that said it's not possible to turn off the wallet to generates new address, so you can only save or track your funded address through explorer.
Electrum generates new addresses within the gap limits. You can choose to change that limit if you want to, but if you only want to be receiving bitcoins through a particular address, then just keep sending that one to whoever is sending the bitcoins. It undermines privacy, but does not pose any wallet risk.

- Jay -
Activity: 294
Merit: 267
Baba God Noni
How to avoid messing up with old/new addresses in any wallet that generates them each login?
Don't reveal your the child's private key and parent public key to anyone, because it is possible for that person to use both your child private key and master public key to generate the master private key. And from there it will be easy for the person to calculate all the other child private keys to all the child addresses and all your coins can be stolen. It means do not reveal the private keys.

It is a norm to use one same old bitcoin address to receive several payments. Your wallet is giving you the best privacy for changing the address often.
Activity: 770
Merit: 556
I read few articles that said it's not possible to turn off the wallet to generates new address, so you can only save or track your funded address through explorer.

In addition you can learn coin control to manage your unspent transaction output.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
Is it possible to use one of the previously generated empty addressees to receive token once more in future?
The addresses are yours and you can use any of the addresses at anytime and as many as possible times. Example are signature campaign participants on this forum, each campaign participants submit just one bitcoin address to their campaign managers which is used for payment every week. So do not be worry if you are not bothered about privacy.
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
It's called Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) Wallet.
It's more like your normal standard wallet only a new private key is generated anytime to make a transaction to make it more difficult to track your coins .
It is safe to use any of the addresses it generates as long as you have the seed phrase it controls all the wallet even the master private key too. The wallet generate new keys known as child keys from the master key at intervals. You can access the individual child wallet separately if you have the individual child keys. However if you have the seed phrase of master private key you control all the child addresses. And you don't need to worry about spending the coins in a single transaction as the wallet will defaultly generate a single output with the coins from all the wallets if a single wallet can't fund the transaction.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
I have several wallets. These are dynamic. BTC address is renewed every time I receive/send token with them.
Pages:
Jump to: