Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it profitable to mine? - page 3. (Read 3141 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 16, 2014, 07:00:14 AM
$15 for 1,75 GHS is too expensive, you never make ROI with them
many users use Antminer S1 for learning how to mine, since it is outdated users will go to 1 TH/s hardware
my opinion, if you want to make profit, it's better you buy bitcoin and hold it, sell when price rising
but if you want enjoy learn about mining, i think you should buy 1 TH/s hardware, choose the best one
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
put me on speeddial#1
June 16, 2014, 01:34:55 AM

I am currently doing a cloud mining test to see if this is still profitable. Results: http://bitcoinmarketmaker.com/bitcoin-mining.php

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 16, 2014, 12:16:19 AM
I jumped into mining with a purchase of a $15 AntMiner USB chip.  I'm not and never had any belief I'd make much of a profit on it, it was mostly for learning.  But I'm wondering if it's even possible to make any profit.  

I'm currently getting 1.75 GHash/Sec.  From what I have received over the past few hours, as well as projects from various web sites, the lifetime earnings of this will be about $5.  That's earnings, not profit.  Cost+shipping will be about a $25 loss).  That's assuming BTC price remains stable, I'm not using any electricity, and a few other factors in favor of some kind of a profit.  

If that projection is accurate, than if I were to get a 1 THash unit at about $2,100 then I might expect a lifetime earnings of $2,800 or so.  Again, assuming BTC price is stable and not factoring in expenses like electricity, time spent working with the unit, etc.  

Is this about  right? Has mining become such a commodity right now that you might hope to recoup only a few percentage profit over time on a capital investment?

Pages:
Jump to: