Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it profitable to run a Bitcoin faucet in 2017 - page 4. (Read 10382 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
I think faucets time is pass. If u can, make gambling site. Chess, Backgammon, rummikub i didnt see those games bet for btc. There r lots of dice games, sports betting, lottery but Chess, Backgammon and rummikub isnt.

Also people can spend lots of times in site with these games. If i can i will not wait a second. You can have more profit then faucet. I think lots of people tired for faucets. Dont add new one.
It will be interesting to see some faucets with new concepts, but most of the ones that create faucets don do it to prove a concept or anything they do it to make money out of ads and that is why they keep trying the proven formulas that seem to work for other owners of faucets.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi,

I have a question regarding your own BTC faucet. Is it profitable to run it in 2017?
I was thinking to run it via WordPress.
What initial investment is needed?
It will be profitable either way if you somehow manage to get people visit your website as most of the faucets pay such small amounts of bitcoin that it just can't be not profitable for the owner. However the fact that it is just a waste of time nowadays will mean that you will not get a lot of people thus you will not be able to make a living out of it. As for the initial investment 10 dollars should be definitely enough.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I think faucets time is pass. If u can, make gambling site. Chess, Backgammon, rummikub i didnt see those games bet for btc. There r lots of dice games, sports betting, lottery but Chess, Backgammon and rummikub isnt.

Also people can spend lots of times in site with these games. If i can i will not wait a second. You can have more profit then faucet. I think lots of people tired for faucets. Dont add new one.

I agree with your opinion. Now people are not so actively spend their time on faucets. Especially because the faucets do not give a lot of profit. Now this idea is not relevant
i do not think that earning bitcoin from faucet is such a good idea of making money, because from there you cannot make such a good amount of bitcoin it is just the wastage of time.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
I use faucethub, looks like community there is very active. It's not easy to run profitable faucet, and just few of them survive more then couple months.
Take for example freebitco.in, from just little faucet they now accept deposits because people play dices there. Faucets that offer more then just one prize have more visitors and higher profit.

Yeah, it sure is profitable if you"re the owner of faucet slash dice site freebitco.in , that guy is making a shitload of money everyday, The house edge is insanely too high but people are using it anyway, I bet my ass that that guy already saved some "little" money for his retirement.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I use faucethub, looks like community there is very active. It's not easy to run profitable faucet, and just few of them survive more then couple months.
Take for example freebitco.in, from just little faucet they now accept deposits because people play dices there. Faucets that offer more then just one prize have more visitors and higher profit.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
Yeah as long as there will be a huge number of visitor,
We all know that the owner would only earn through the visitors of the site.
But it looks like very difficult to get a lot of the visitor, with an evidence too many the faucet site is dead, because they're not having enough visitor to make his circulation is always running. So i think its idea is very risky in my mind.
Getting visitors to any website is always the hardest part, you need to offer something they want so they stay on your website, for more than a few seconds, faucets use economic incentives, but the truth is those incentives are very low at the moment so for many of us it is simply not worth it.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
i don't think you will get easy time with a bitcoin faucet  with your hands on it, most people try to use bots and all to snatch more and more coins from the faucet they can, of course you have to keep good track on all the thinks and perfectly setup advertisement and all that can work well. and by the way yes bitcoin faucets if nothing goes wrong then they are profitable too
Activity: 314

I agree with your opinion. Now people are not so actively spend their time on faucets. Especially because the faucets do not give a lot of profit. Now this idea is not relevant
Activity: 1484
Merit: 547
Pugs are the best!

Well making a gambling site requires lots of money to start compared to a faucet site. And you will need to compete against famous gambling sites.
Those games you've recommend are somehow not good for a gambling site since you will need to open up people's greed to earn money.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
I think it is if it got a apropriate payout, and if you promote it accordingly it should work out for you  Smiley
to be the site of faucets famous and profitable you need to get a lot of visitors and to get it you have to make your site known. Of course you have to work hard doing promotions, etc.

But it is quite hard to make money from faucet sites due to these high bitcoin prices. Becuase you give 100 Santoshi or less for each claim many people will not go to those faucets but if you pay more than that then site owners can't make a profit. It is not so easy just with faucet site to earn money but if you can add some games to it then may be profitable.
Profits don't matter with faucets. Look at some forum topics where people are asking how to earn some coins and others are replying "i'm getting mine from faucets" or "i'm earning by doing captchas"
Small unprofitable jobs will attract people anyway and when they stop it's a sign that you should increase the rewards a bit. I still think faucets are a great way to increase traffic and value of your site.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
By looking @the current price of bitcoin it seems not a good idea to run faucet  ..
Because the ads will not give enough to recover your investment
Well the site and ads will depends on your faucet balance and how many accumulated faucet claimers / visitors in your site. So it all depends on your faucet site claimers to gain profits . Its more ideal if you have a big network or rather than a faucet site built a more applicable site that visitors may have an interest like Altcoin wallets storage or bitcoin exchanges .
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
I think it is if it got a apropriate payout, and if you promote it accordingly it should work out for you  Smiley
to be the site of faucets famous and profitable you need to get a lot of visitors and to get it you have to make your site known. Of course you have to work hard doing promotions, etc.

But it is quite hard to make money from faucet sites due to these high bitcoin prices. Becuase you give 100 Santoshi or less for each claim many people will not go to those faucets but if you pay more than that then site owners can't make a profit. It is not so easy just with faucet site to earn money but if you can add some games to it then may be profitable.
Activity: 1190
Activity: 882
By looking @the current price of bitcoin it seems not a good idea to run faucet  ..
Because the ads will not give enough to recover your investment
Activity: 2170
I think it is profitable, because newbies usually don't do the math and Bitcoin is a new technology, so there are many newbies. They see something for free and take it, even if it's a worthless penny.
This means a faucet can get a lot of traffic and traffic is money. You can use the site to advertise or simply wait for it to gain value over time and sell it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
A faucet can always be profitable for a owner if he knows how to run it. All you need are visitors to your faucet and it should probably attract them so that they should come back again. And as told earlier by someone, set a threshold of quite high amount so that they come again every time to reach the threshold before getting their bits so that they don't run away after coming 2, 3 times.
I think so, do not set a threshold at measly satoshi too to attract more faucets hunter (newbies). If you get higher traffic on your site everyday, than some ads will be more beneficial obviously. Any kind of great effort on internet will be profitable in my opinion as long as you are serious maintain it.
Activity: 546
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
As much as they're worthless for users, they can be profitable now since there are a lot of new people interested in bitcoin. It will be profitable as long as there are new people coming.
Running a bitcoin faucet for really profitable last year and if you compare that it is not that worth because you cannot monetize with google as it was the main source of revenue but you can still create and try with the limited advertisement but it wont be that profitable like we once had.
Activity: 630
Hi,

I have a question regarding your own BTC faucet. Is it profitable to run it in 2017?
I was thinking to run it via WordPress.
What initial investment is needed?
I think yes its profitable to have own faucet. Maybe you need more budget from that because creating a own site is very expensive and you need to learn it first before you go in that way. Faucet better now because bitcoin is very high.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
It seems to me that it is not very profitable right now. Bitcoin price is very high and few advertisers will agree to pay in that currency. Besides, now a lot of these sites, and a lot of competition. There is no guarantee that you will have visitors

There are other things to make an opportunity to have a bitcoin and with the high price like this, people will surely ignore those micro earnings in faucets and began studying those methods that can give them a good return of bitcoin that will be worth their time.

Only faucets that is running and operating for a long time now is the one who are making good money today since they already established a good name in the world of bitcoin faucet.
Pages:
Jump to: