Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it real? (Need opinion) - page 2. (Read 898 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
January 13, 2017, 07:53:18 AM
Blockchain will never say anything about the funds. like in the email stated "an Escrow Balance" or something. it is a total fake email. do not even try to reply it.

BTW. how much fee they are asking?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
January 13, 2017, 07:20:56 AM
This is just a scam attempt and actually really poor attempt which can be detected very easily even by the layman.
You have received email from gmail address rather than from blockchain.info email server. You may even get fake/scam mails from email addresses similar to @blockchain.info but you have to look deeper at spelling of that blockchain to differentiate between fake and real one.

Also while using blockchain.info web wallet, you better check the URL and security certificate. There are numerous fishing sites with blockchain web wallet template.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
January 13, 2017, 06:47:53 AM
"This bitcoin balance is held until you pay the fee."

It's funny to see how scammers are doing it very hard just to scam people. From that quote of them it is already a scam attempt.

Why would you get that amount if you need to pay it, a transaction is already paid with miners fee before you are going to send it to someone.

And on their email, @gmail.com you can easily identify it's fake.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
January 13, 2017, 04:57:31 AM
 If you know you did not engage on blockchain.info. You know thats a scam.
Why dont they give it to you direct to your wallet? And the one thing that makes it a scam is they are asking for fees which is not a necessary thing. Look at this. He has the same situation like you
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/got-email-from-localbitcoin-for-investing-beware-needs-opinion-1750394
Beware with this kind of tricks. Scammers are really creative nowadays.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
January 13, 2017, 04:34:42 AM
it is fake and be carefull with those kinds of email because could be malware and phising and just look again more thoroughly and this is not from blockchain wallet because look at the top left corner there is email address with gmail.com domain " blockchain.infoservice@gmail.com "
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 13, 2017, 04:09:32 AM
Hello. How you think is it real? I got this mail in my mailbox, is it fake or not? Because it is not my bitcoin address. message is from the Blockchain info . There is a screenshot, Thanks
https://i.imgsafe.org/8898aaba9f.png
Pages:
Jump to: