Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to mine cryptocurrency in your country? - page 2. (Read 370 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
This sounds like nonsense to me, unless there is some really strange legislation that I'm unaware of. Monitoring power consumption is done by almost every government with the capability to do so, but normally it is only investigated if they believe you are involved in drugs or weaponizing something that shouldn't be.

This is done not because they want to limit the power consumption so all people obey the law, no. This is because they are corrupted people and want to steal bussiness. The point is in this: just imagine Somali and pirates. And in my post I was talking about eastern Europe, not Europe. These are two different worlds. Eastern Europe is poor and very corrupted.

I read about it in this article: http://forklog.net/ukraines-law-enforcement-launch-raids-on-local-miners/

So, is it safe in your country to mine crypto?

In a European Union there is no problem to mine crypto. No one is monitoring you, unless you brake a law or trying to find some holes in a law system. If you are talking about Belarus, Ukraine or Russia. It's different story because of coruption and other things surrounding it.
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I read a news few month ago where 16 antminer s9 were seized in Nepal. The man was arrested. He was mining for 6 months. I wonder what happened to those machines...

I tell you what. Now these machines are mining for their Sheriff.

There is a new sheriff in town 🔫💰🎖
Activity: 56
The united kingdom is perfectly fine when it comes to mining cryptocurrency. I would add that the electricity cost are extremely high over here so its not as profitable as some places. Decently cold also to regulate temperature.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
I read a news few month ago where 16 antminer s9 were seized in Nepal. The man was arrested. He was mining for 6 months. I wonder what happened to those machines...
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
*~i'm happily hashing away
here in the good ol' US of A~*

Wink
copper member
This sounds like nonsense to me, unless there is some really strange legislation that I'm unaware of. Monitoring power consumption is done by almost every government with the capability to do so, but normally it is only investigated if they believe you are involved in drugs or weaponizing something that shouldn't be.

This is done not because they want to limit the power consumption so all people obey the law, no. This is because they are corrupted people and want to steal bussiness. The point is in this: just imagine Somali and pirates. And in my post I was talking about eastern Europe, not Europe. These are two different worlds. Eastern Europe is poor and very corrupted.

I read about it in this article: http://forklog.net/ukraines-law-enforcement-launch-raids-on-local-miners/

So, is it safe in your country to mine crypto?
Activity: 462
Merit: 336
For example, in some eastern Europe countries, this is literally dangerous. In these countries, special forces (something similar to CIA in the US) monitor power consumption using special tools. Then they determine the location of such mining farm and in the end, they steal all gear using government pressure and threats that they will initiate a fabricated criminal case against owners of such farms.

I've never heard of such a thing. Where are your sources for this claim? You are saying that in European countries they are seizing legally obtained computer hardware and forming a criminal case again the operators of this computer hardware simply for using too much electricity. This sounds like nonsense to me, unless there is some really strange legislation that I'm unaware of. Monitoring power consumption is done by almost every government with the capability to do so, but normally it is only investigated if they believe you are involved in drugs or weaponizing something that shouldn't be. I have never once heard of a European government cracking down on owning computers, ASICs or graphics cards.
copper member
Hello guys,

Is it safe to mine cryptocurrency in your country?

For example, in some eastern Europe countries, this is literally dangerous. In these countries, special forces (something similar to CIA in the US) monitor power consumption using special tools. Then they determine the location of such mining farm and in the end, they steal all gear using government pressure and threats that they will initiate a fabricated criminal case against owners of such farms.
Pages:
Jump to: