Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to trade through a Broker - page 4. (Read 1456 times)

Activity: 626
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 06:15:05 PM
It's not safe because if you give your detail to them there's possibility that they scam you. You can trade in your own how can you sure if that person is good broker in crypto you need a extra careful don't give your details to anyone or else you lose everything.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
May 10, 2018, 06:03:39 PM
Though , I have heard from some people who claims that brokers do help them to trade bitcoin and so forth, but I don't think it's a good idea since most of your information are being exposed by a second party. Even though,  they do claim that you can change your password. There is still a tendency that the broker might have copied your private key.
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
May 10, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
Dont trust such a broker. They get fee for every trade not for getting profit for you. They will do many trade as possible and make you lose your hard earned money. My mother lose his money for this kind of broker. You better learn trader your self and do the weekly trading or monthly trading. Never trust person to trade for you !!!!
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
May 09, 2018, 03:30:01 PM
You are not supposed to trust anyone on this Crypto market, they are currently anonymous, we can not know where they are. There are so many fraudulent acts going on in this market, I have lost confidence in them so I advise you not to believe anyone.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
May 09, 2018, 10:54:10 AM
Hi community,

A broker contact me online and asked me whether I am interested in trading online. He will manage my account and put his knowledge to make me profit but in return I have to send me 25% of profit that he made.

He suggested me to activate 2FA. and provide him username + password of exchange (for example bitfinex). Due to 2 factor authentication (2FA) he will not be able to withdraw fund he will be able to place buy/sell orders only.

Please share guys what is your opinion, It is same to play like this? or Is there any trick of capturing fund behind this scheme?

Trading with the exchange i think is the best but not that ypu should all your account details to the exchanger operator because the want you to open an account with their exchange company which i believe the must be a scammer.
Activity: 294
May 09, 2018, 10:35:19 AM
You should be responsible for your money, do not give it to others. In this cryptocurrency a lot of scams and management it is difficult because most anonymity and the law has not protected. What happens if you are lost, nobody protects you, so be responsible for your money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
May 09, 2018, 10:20:59 AM
Broker is a traditional way of doing the business in trading. Go with the previous history of the broker. Ask him for his previous recommendations and see if he has predicted well in the past. Remember that, currently, regulations are not enough to protect the client, so be careful in choosing the broker.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
May 09, 2018, 09:28:49 AM
Hi community,

A broker contact me online and asked me whether I am interested in trading online. He will manage my account and put his knowledge to make me profit but in return I have to send me 25% of profit that he made.

He suggested me to activate 2FA. and provide him username + password of exchange (for example bitfinex). Due to 2 factor authentication (2FA) he will not be able to withdraw fund he will be able to place buy/sell orders only.

Please share guys what is your opinion, It is same to play like this? or Is there any trick of capturing fund behind this scheme?

I suggest you to don't trust anyone the scammers will fimd new way to get you scammed.If you want to make money then you need to do it by yourself no one will do that for you.As he said he is professional in this field what will hapoen if he losses while trading he will compentiate that or just take money from you.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 09, 2018, 09:15:55 AM
If it was me, I would not agree, I can not believe anyone on the Crypto market, now a lot of scammers, I'm not saying brokers are you fraudulent but be careful above all.
Exactly, it's always hard to trust people this days in the cryptocurrency trading cause many scammers are finding out new means to use in scamming people.  Even with the enabling of Two Factor Authentication, one account can still be scammed and all the coins gone. With true way he even approach him, one can easily debug it is a complete fraud.
Yes. We do not easily give money to brokers to hold, we can not trust anyone on the market Crypto, because everyone is anonymous. and away from us, they are not bound by any law. We lose money if we are not careful.
Activity: 406
May 09, 2018, 02:30:58 AM
no, it is not at all safe. Don’t ever try to handover your passwords and trading activity to anyone else. He may look trustable but you may not know if he changes his mind eventually and gets away your money or show you trade losses. It is better even if you lose initially, you need to learn and do your trading yourself, and you will learn better ways on how to make more profit if you do it yourself.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
May 09, 2018, 02:28:59 AM
If it was me, I would not agree, I can not believe anyone on the Crypto market, now a lot of scammers, I'm not saying brokers are you fraudulent but be careful above all.
Exactly, it's always hard to trust people this days in the cryptocurrency trading cause many scammers are finding out new means to use in scamming people.  Even with the enabling of Two Factor Authentication, one account can still be scammed and all the coins gone. With true way he even approach him, one can easily debug it is a complete fraud.
No, an account can't be scammed if the two factor authentication is enabled. Of course, the broker can make the outright wrong trading actions on a certain purpose, but he can't to withdraw funds without the confirmation of the owner. It seems that this broker want to be involved to the pumping groups managed by the signals in the social messengers. I guess that he will buy some crypto currency and sell the same coin from his own account getting profits.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
May 09, 2018, 02:09:11 AM
Hi community,

There are a lot of scammers in this crypto world, you shouldn't believe anyone even you relative. You money could be stolen in a few minutes.
Activity: 207
Merit: 22
May 09, 2018, 01:58:33 AM
Exactly, it's always hard to trust people this days in the cryptocurrency trading cause many scammers are finding out new means to use in scamming people.  Even with the enabling of Two Factor Authentication, one account can still be scammed and all the coins gone. With true way he even approach him, one can easily debug it is a complete fraud.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
May 09, 2018, 01:48:44 AM
It's pretty obvious that it's a scam.

Sure, he told you to add 2FA to give you the peace of mind that he wouldn't be able to withdraw the funds. But take note that for him/her to be able to trade, your exchange account needs to have funds in it; and for him/her to be able to login to your account, he/she needs the temporary 2FA code. 2FA codes can last long enough for the "broker" to login and potentially withdraw your funds using the same 2FA code.

Also knowing they he actually contacted you. The "broker" probably sent the same message to hundreds and thousands of people, looking for people to fall into his/her trap.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
May 09, 2018, 01:31:53 AM
Hi community,

Just like some others have skepticism on this arrangement, so also will I add to it. Scammers won't come towards you without you feeling you are in control but such control is only a ruse to deceive you further and weak toward verifying what he is up to. Do you also know that you can actually transfer coins within wallets of the same sites without actually withdrawing it. Do you also know that with your username and password whatever control you have is vulnerable and it does not take too long to carry out such atrocities. Just be smart about it..
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
May 09, 2018, 01:00:13 AM
For the fact that he contacted you, should give you enough reason not to go into business with such a person, because it is someone that wants to gain something that usually makes contact. Do not send any detail or involve in any deal with him.
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
May 09, 2018, 12:51:33 AM
Trading crypto don't require a broker unlike stock trading. Why go to unlicensed broker that could risk your account and your funds? There are good tutorials for trading so better consider that as an option. Crypto is too volatile and the gains are unsure, better to rely trading on yourself.

Besides, there is no trader that would approach you and give you his trading gains. If I'm a trader, I would gather funds on myself, and receive the gains FOR MYSELF. Other reasons are suspicious.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 09, 2018, 12:33:48 AM
Never ever trust anyone who promise to make money for you. There is no public servant that it's only  mission is to make  money for other people. If people ask you to bring your money then you should know that they are fake.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
May 09, 2018, 12:28:52 AM
He contacted you?  Yeah, I'd view this with a great deal of skepticism/suspicion, and I'd say don't do it.  Run for the hills.  I don't know if any legitimate services like this exist, but trading is risky--there's no getting around that, and don't listen to people who tell you that their method is low-risk, or whatever. 

Even if the service isn't an outright scam (which it probably is), you could lose everything you give the person anyway.  But most likely this is just an attempt to get you to trust him and hand over your money.  Then he'll either run away or eventually tell you that his trades went bad.  Don't fall for it, that's my advice.
Yes I was also thinking the same thing. This might have come from one of these scam sites, the ones that are used to giving out users information or selling them. Legit Brokers don’t go straight to look for people and contacting them in such a suspicious way, rather they build their own website and write everything about themselves. They will also have social media accounts and you will be the one to contact them and not them contacting you. So this is SCAM!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
May 08, 2018, 07:31:08 AM
Hmmm… it’s a good thing to trade with a Broker, but wait a second… did you just say that he contacted to do business with him? First of all, how did he get your contact information ?
Is this someone you already know or what, cause he must have managed to get your contact from somewhere. I will advise to leave him and stop every communication with him. I don’t know how he managed to get your contact but it is very suspicious, cause it seems like a scam. It would have been more better if you’re the one that found him.
Pages:
Jump to: