Pages:
Author

Topic: is it still profitable? How many rigs do the big boys still have... - page 3. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 10
Mining is currently profitable only at low electricity prices, about 6-7 cents per kilowatt and below. If the rigs are indoors, then in winter the profit is greater due to the use of heat and reducing heating costs.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
What are you guys paying in electricity?  You have to have low overhead in this market to last.  I lucked out and pay $.049 a KWH.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Are you profiting with ETH or other Altcoins?

Whats your outlook?

How are the big boys doing... are you one of them? what's the electricity to profit ratio/conversions?

23 GPU's and so far, is not going well. Electricity bills are huge and the profit is so low that im willing to shut them down for a while. This past 2 months are the worst.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I've been mining for a few years and only down to my most efficient GPUs which are the RX series and they are heavily undervolted and heavily underclocked and they turn a profit but very little. At this point I am just hodl'ing the ETH until the issuance reduction in January and then going to most likely package up the GPUs and sell them in a year or so when the second hand prices of the GPUs start to rise.

There is also the chance that there might be some crazy FOMO and ETH might go to $1000 very quickly and the profits of $1-2 per day per GPU will be back but I am not counting on it happening soon.

Its not worth mining for 10 cents a day, rather just power off the GPUs.
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Octominer here. The big boys are still playing the big game. We supply big mining farms in USA and Canada with fully built GPU miners and ASICs. We are currently working on multiple 5MW+ projects, selling the new MicroBT M10(contact us for a great deal Grin) SHA-256 Bitcoin miners and AMD RX580 8GB based GPU miners. The really crucial part here is the cost of electricity, most of our bigger clients have 4-5 cent USD electricity. This is really important for large scale mining to make sure you will remain profitable when BTC price is down.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

Whats your outlook?

How are the big boys doing... are you one of them? what's the electricity to profit ratio/conversions?
I am not a big boy in mining but mine as I can. Was collecting money and bought 8 gtx1070ti one year ago, price was acceptable too, in winter had great time for 2 week and ROIed 20% in these two week. Now mine most profitable coin according to whattomine.com and exchange to ether and bitcoin, withdraw some of them.
Worths for me to mine, is very energo effective compared to others + electricity isn't expensive for me.
Electricity would always be a big factor before considering yourself to mine. Most people say that mining is dead but eventually
there are still lots of dudes out there do still mine since it do generate some considerable about of profits in spite of this current market
condition.When seeking up for faster ROI then finding some low value or difficulty coins will be worth to try but finding them would really
be hard or does require time.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 870

Whats your outlook?

I am not a big boy in mining but mine as I can. Was collecting money and bought 8 gtx1070ti one year ago, price was acceptable too, in winter had great time for 2 week and ROIed 20% in these two week. Now mine most profitable coin according to whattomine.com and exchange to ether and bitcoin, withdraw some of them.
Worths for me to mine, is very energo effective compared to others + electricity isn't expensive for me.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Whats your outlook?

Pages:
Jump to: