Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it supposed to take this long to generate some "phat coin"? - page 2. (Read 11656 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There's some douche who's got 1000 cores crunching through hashes, so all of us are kind of left out to dry for now. =P
Do we know who this is?  Academic?  Botnet?  NSA?  Chinese hackers?

What are they doing, other than generating most of the BTC?

Edit:  OK, I get that it's nenolod.  So, who's nenolod?

Edit2:  OK, I see that he's the technical director of SystemInPlace.

Unfortunately, they're a US-based company, or I'd consider using them.

I wouldn't.  The guy uses servers he's rented to other people to generate bitcoins.  If I have paid for a server I want all of the cores doing what I want.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
There's some douche who's got 1000 cores crunching through hashes, so all of us are kind of left out to dry for now. =P

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nenolod-the-guy-that-wants-to-prove-bitcoin-doesnt-work-431
Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Edit:  OK, I get that it's nenolod.  So, who's nenolod?

Edit2:  OK, I see that he's the technical director of SystemInPlace.

Unfortunately, they're a US-based company, or I'd consider using them.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Kiba: Indeed.  *Cracks whip*
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

More incentive for us to create wealth generating services so we can get bitcoins from others.  Grin
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
The difficulty for generating a block has gone up, it's currently at 181 when it was as low as 23 a few weeks ago. Check out this page for help in calculating your probability of generating a block:
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

Keep in mind that block generation is a lottery, each hash you compute is a "ticket", so the faster you generate hashes the more chances you have to win the lottery. For instance, I have a desktop at home that can do about 1600 khash, I ran bitcoin for 3 hours and generated a block, however my desktop at work has been running bitcoin for days with no blocks generated.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
The difficulty of generating coins has increased dramatically in the last month; keep waiting.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

So, I've got the BC client running on my PC for about 2 weeks now.... with ZERO bitcoins to show for it.

The FAQ says that, after I get all of the blocks from the network, "Your average coin creation rate will be (6 * 50 coins / hour) * (your CPU speed / the total CPU speed in the Bitcoin network). At the moment (June 2010) it might be something like 50 coins / day, for example."

Well, I checked the wiki and my clock count matches the count they have there (69649). And the 50 coins / day is a figure that was given for just a month ago.

Right now, I'm doing about 400 khash/s, and I've yet to see a single coin.

Ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: