Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it time for members to take responsibility for their own threads - page 2. (Read 321 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
Hear hear. All threads self-moderated.

I would like to add: no more replies (ergo bumps) to spam and nonsense threads, but (only) immediate reporting to moderator.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
Post moderation and its problems seems to be taking over from merit as the hot topic of the week. I propose a radical new approach - Members take responsibility for their own posts, and they moderate the replies. So I'm going to try to do this, and that leads me to yet another Jet Cash invention - SMART threads. These threads will be moderated by me, and will need to conform to my standards, and I don't believe that these are contrary to the spirit of the forum rules. SMART stands for "Self-Moderated And Rewarded Threads", and the rewards will come from my stack of sMerits. If you look at my merit awarding history, you will see that I try to award merits to quality posts, and I am prepared to award merits to 'international' members, as long as they have made an effort to create a decent post.

I will write some rules for posting in these threads, and I'll add them here later for your comments. Threads in this initiative will have the prefix [SMART] in the title. The idea is not subject to copyright Smiley, but if any other members want to create such threads, please ensure that you keep them clean, and free of bounty and ICO spam, and also that you have sMerits to award to good posters.
Pages:
Jump to: