Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that Bitcoin is going to hit $100? - page 2. (Read 2008 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
It's hit over $30 before if I remember right, It did crash not that long after. As I understand it, crashing like that was probably because our market size was not big enough to cope with a price that high, so when everyone started selling (omg $30 - SELL SELL SELL), it dropped a huge wall. We recovered eventually, but it panicked many on the future of bitcoins.

The market is much bigger and players of the market are more careful not to see that happen again, so I am hopeful of a nice steady increase. I think surpassing what we had reach before is possible, how much past it I don't know. Of course if we start getting to really big numbers again, greed could easily get the better of some and they'll be stupid to sell large amounts all at once.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Not any time soon. The market would crash before it even hit $50.  Maybe someday in the very distant future when mining is no longer possible. Perhaps 2-5 years down the road.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Yes but it will not stop there got no limit´s Grin
Activity: 11
i hope so
Activity: 41
absolutely  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Yes. And given a few more years, I can also see it hitting over $1000.

Here's why: Bitcoin has everything to become a new major worldwide money & payment standard. It has enormous benefits (e.g. see here or here) and greatly fits with the uprise of information technology and the integration of internet in our everyday lives. At the same time, banks and governments are trying hard to destroy our existing euro and dollar based economy, undermining it with ridiculous credits, loans, creation of money out of thin air by the billions, and covering debts with even greater debts, ad infinitum.

Now, do the math: how much do you think is one 21millionth of the global economy (at least the part that deals in BTC) worth?

Sure, banks will disapprove. They see their old-fashioned wealth, monopolistic position, power and privileges melt away. Well, tough luck. It's the age of the internet, we don't need banks anymore to handle our wealth and payments. They can't put the genie back in the bottle.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Yes, could be 3 months or more away though.
or 3 years or 30 years Smiley
Activity: 88
Merit: 11
Yes, could be 3 months or more away though.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Many, myself included, think yes. But no one can see the future
Activity: 44
I highly dout it but I would cash in on it though if it did.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
That would be interesting too see.

(Maybe move this to speculation)
Activity: 14
 Huh
Pages:
Jump to: