Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it wise to invest in miners few months before reward halving? - page 2. (Read 1648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I have a friend from Russia (he own a mining farm there - a normal one) and he keeps on telling me to wait until the halving is done as it could affect everything including the mining equipment's and not just in terms of prices but also in terms of pushing manufacturers to introduce better mining equipment's with a better price as to it's total offered GHs/THs ratio to whats now so and as mentioned above, just buy BTCitcoin now and invest in miners after the halving itself.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500

If the coins fails and goes to like $50, you would of lost money either way.

You're right, but I assume that I want to invest anyway and have to choose. IMO in case of price crash it's still better to have cheap BTC in wallet, than turned off miner.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Right now you really are better off buying BTC since its lower then it was before. Depending on how much you pay for electricity, its much safer to just buy the coin.

If the coins fails and goes to like $50, you would of lost money either way.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
As everyone knows, 16.07.2016 BTC reward will be halved. How people should consider this fact when planning to build mining rig in next few months?

Bitcoin price has to rise 100% to cover the loss of blocks mined and this is the scenario that bagholders from all over the world are looking forward to be fulfilled.
If the price won't go up, miners will be screwed up.

So, the possibilities are as following:

100%  price increase:

1) Mining - still profitable, have to wait for ROI
2) Buying BTC - instant 100% profit after halving

1-99% price increase:

1) Mining - becoming less profitable, may generate losses in some conditions
2) Buying BTC - investor will make profit, question is if it will be significant or not

0% price increase:

1) Mining - most of miners are screwed up, as their income also halves, only people with access to very cheap electricity have chances to still earn anything
2) Buying BTC - initial capital is just located in BTC, nothing happens

Of course I didn't consider other possible BTC fluctuations as we can't predict them.
Pages:
Jump to: