Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it worth investing in USB Block Erupters? - page 2. (Read 1924 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.
There are some people ordering some TH/s scrypt mining rigs. But I cant find the source anywhere.

Lol no they aren't.

There's no ASIC for Scrypt mining except for this hybrid.
LOL, YES THERE ISSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Jk, There is some companies out there that build mining rigs like, Care to do some research before saying a invalid reply?  Wink
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
There are some people ordering some TH/s scrypt mining rigs. But I cant find the source anywhere.

Lol no they aren't.

There's no ASIC for Scrypt mining except for this hybrid.
So, I heard you cant mine Scrypt coins with an ASIC miner, Are these ASIC, If not, Where is there a guide to mining them with scrypt? and will they mine at the advertised hash rate? Thanks!

The ASIC you found now are all specially designed for SHA-256 hashing.
There is also some rumors (or maybe news?) that some scrypt ASIC are being developed.

For example, this guy is selling "Scrypt ASIC / SHA-256 combo miners" here, but I am not sure if it is legit or not.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-424987

It's legit, but it has a few issues:
1. You can't mine both Scrypt and SHA-256 at the same time with those
2. The Scrypt ASIC part is quite poor really. You get a better KH/s / $ with GPUs than with this hybrid ASIC....
[/quote

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
So, I heard you cant mine Scrypt coins with an ASIC miner, Are these ASIC, If not, Where is there a guide to mining them with scrypt? and will they mine at the advertised hash rate? Thanks!

There is also some rumors (or maybe news?) that some scrypt ASIC are being developed.

For example, this guy is selling "Scrypt ASIC / SHA-256 combo miners" here, but I am not sure if it is legit or not.

It's legit, but it has a few issues:
1. You can't mine both Scrypt and SHA-256 at the same time with those
2. The Scrypt ASIC part is quite poor really. You get a better KH/s / $ with GPUs than with this hybrid ASIC....
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
no worth investing , as the difficulty is rising , usb erupters are the thing of past now,
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I'm considering building a USB mining rig, but I fear that at this point it is too late to make any profit.

If I go about buying, let's say, the Bitmain Antminer, which runs at 1.6 gHs/s, at the cost of $85, would that return my investment?
I would buy one, mine, profit, and then buy more, but I fear that with the current and coming difficulty on the network+the global hashrate, it would be a folly.

What do you guys think? I would buy one of the big ASIC miners, but yeah... Can't make bread without dough!  Cheesy

Excuse this blasphemous question, but would it be a better investment to mine litecoins, from my standpoint? I have a 7870 card.

Cheers!

Well you can buy 1 antminer to get in the game.  It would lose money if the price of btc does not go close to 1.5k usd.

If your power is under 20 cents a k-watt and you have a working pc with a hd7870 on hand your startup cost for lite coin is free.  So startup  lite coin today. It will make money. I mix mine.  I have 4 pc's 2 run lite coin alone . 2 run lite coin and  bit coin.  I turn profit.  my ltc is about 500 usd a month after power my btc is about 1000 usd a month after power.  Plus it is cold this winter so I get some free heat out of the deal.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
if you get them cheap enough, you could mine alt coins ... but other wise no  Sad
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
They're not profitable.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Defo not 333mh one. I just bought bitmain ant miner U1, 1.6gb (but mine ave. is 2gh without over clocking). U1 can over clock to 2.2gh.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm considering building a USB mining rig, but I fear that at this point it is too late to make any profit.

If I go about buying, let's say, the Bitmain Antminer, which runs at 1.6 gHs/s, at the cost of $85, would that return my investment?
I would buy one, mine, profit, and then buy more, but I fear that with the current and coming difficulty on the network+the global hashrate, it would be a folly.

What do you guys think? I would buy one of the big ASIC miners, but yeah... Can't make bread without dough!  Cheesy

Excuse this blasphemous question, but would it be a better investment to mine litecoins, from my standpoint? I have a 7870 card.

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: