Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it worth to buy a 3TH miner (10BTC)? - page 2. (Read 3742 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 10, 2014, 06:59:25 AM
Hashfast is in production, Chips in hand running .7th a chip.  I assume here shortly when all the rigs start arriving to the customers difficulty will skyrocket.  Cointerra isn't far behind and hashfast promised march.

I also assume that is why the companies keep changing up hardware.  Rather than continue to sell what they have at a lower price, they let the customers finance the next project that they can make a huge margin on instead of selling the existing hardware at a reasonable profit.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 10, 2014, 06:54:08 AM
It depend on when you get it, if it delays for more than 6 months, it seems not worth for it.

6 months? You are joking right. You wait the next 6 months for any bitcoin mining equipment currently being advertised and you might as well stick in straight in the dumpster when it arrives.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
best-miner.com
January 10, 2014, 02:35:42 AM
It depend on when you get it, if it delays for more than 6 months, it seems not worth for it.
January 09, 2014, 10:41:40 PM
Hi All,

I am wondering if it is still profitable to buy a 3TH miner (10BTC) right now, and receive it in two months or so. Looks like there are lots of TH miners already out there. The difficulty could rise rapidly two months later. Thank you for your advice.

Well, a lot of people clearly believe that it is - look at how much money KNC took for their (overpriced) 20nm machine. You can do the sums yourself - just extrapolate the difficulty forward to April, May etc and then you can make your own estimate of profitability. From various figures I've seen, you might just get your money back in 5 - 6 months, after that is anyone's guess.

Of course, there could be a major rise in Bitcoin's value as more and more people adopt it?

This 'advice' really doesn't help you much, does it? Ultimately it's you that has to make the call.

Exactly. It has to be your call. You could lose money (btc), you could gain. Nobody knows ....
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
January 09, 2014, 04:50:40 PM
Hi All,

I am wondering if it is still profitable to buy a 3TH miner (10BTC) right now, and receive it in two months or so. Looks like there are lots of TH miners already out there. The difficulty could rise rapidly two months later. Thank you for your advice.

Well, a lot of people clearly believe that it is - look at how much money KNC took for their (overpriced) 20nm machine. You can do the sums yourself - just extrapolate the difficulty forward to April, May etc and then you can make your own estimate of profitability. From various figures I've seen, you might just get your money back in 5 - 6 months, after that is anyone's guess.

Of course, there could be a major rise in Bitcoin's value as more and more people adopt it?

This 'advice' really doesn't help you much, does it? Ultimately it's you that has to make the call.
January 08, 2014, 09:52:18 PM
Hi All,

The difficulty will rise significantly in two months, that's guaranteed. I doubt you will get your BTC back
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
January 08, 2014, 08:49:51 PM
dont do any pre-orders ... stay safe
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
January 08, 2014, 08:45:21 PM
If you receive it until march 1st it's quite profitable, but yes, it only takes one month delay to be a huge loss.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/68a8fc03e4
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
January 08, 2014, 03:49:00 PM
Thank you guys. I just had a rough check in http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator; it is completely nonprofitable unless the machine arrives in a month.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
January 08, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
I think, in 2 months, there are going to be so many 2-3 TH/s units out there that the difficulty is going to be so high, that it's not going to be as profitable as you think. Just need to think how long it's going to take to get a ROI.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
January 08, 2014, 01:56:43 PM
IF you got it in 2 months it probably means all the other big hardware will also be out there hashing away also. I think it would NOT be worth it.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
January 08, 2014, 12:29:46 PM
Hi All,

Pages:
Jump to: